Door glass mounting stud and slider ball for a 71 Delta...where to find?

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2012, 07:11 PM

Door glass mounting stud and slider ball for a 71 Delta...where to find?

Hey guys I'm still working on reassembling this 71 Delta 88...getting closer. I'm hoping to get most of the interior back in this week and next. I almost finished installing the glass in the car today but I ran into a snag on the last window. During disassembly the passenger front window had broken and somewhere along the line over the last few years of it being apart I lost two of the pieces that bolt onto the glass.

One is the standard glass mounting nut and stud but it's the longer style that gets a regular nut on it as well to attach it to the window regulator assembly. The other is this plastic half sphere that goes on the front and keeps tension on the window as it raises and lowers. I don't even know what it's called.

Does anyone know where I can get either one? The nut/stud I believe is different than most of the older GM ones as the studs were shorter on those. What other cars had this type of window assembly?
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I used to have a 72 convertible, and still have the front glass. I will check for you and see if the mounts are still attached.
If I don't have it , try sending a PM to dedsleds on here. He has had a lot of full size cars come through his shop over the years.
Old April 10th, 2012, 05:59 AM

Can you post pictures of the other side glass so we can see the pieces your describing? That might help someone match them for you. John
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:40 PM

Hey guys I found a set. GM Sport Salvage out in Cali still has the same Delta that I bought the floor pans out of a year ago from them. Sending them out to me today. Thanks for the help though.