72 Supreme Rear 1/4 Window Chrome Trim Install

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2011, 01:59 AM
'72 Supreme vert (Mango)

72 Supreme Rear 1/4 Window Chrome Trim Install

Can anyone tell me how to install this? I ordered a set from The Paddock (before they went under) and ruined one trying to install it. There is a grippy rubber piece that fits in the channel and holds the trim to the glass, but it is super tight, and I don't want to ruin another one. Should I use soapy water or silicone spray or something to lube it, or does it just get banged on? Thanks for any advice.
Old August 30th, 2011, 04:43 AM
'72 Supreme vert (Mango)

Also, can someone tell me how to put the rear 1/4 window back in!?!?! I have wrestled with it for 3 hours and cannot figure it out. There are three nylon wheels on the glass that follow guide tracks in the door. On the glass there is also a channel for the arm which lifts the glass up. When the three wheels are in place, i can't get the the lifter arm to slide into the channel, and when the arm is in the channel, I can't get the three wheels into position on their respective guide tracks. I can't figure out how to get the lifter arm and the nylon wheels into place at the same time, and I can't see any way to adjust anything to allow me to do this. Please help me before I smash this window into bits and run down the street raving like a madman!!!!
Old August 31st, 2011, 06:00 AM
'72 Supreme vert (Mango)

Just saw these:

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...m-removed.html

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...er-window.html

seems that thin glass setting tape is the best, most factory looking process. anybody have any experience or tips they can share. anyone know anything about the tool that Oldsmaniac mentions in the second post? Thanks