66 f85 body mounts and fenders?

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2014 | 12:45 PM

66 f85 body mounts and fenders?

I went and looked at a workable 66 today and I would like to get it. I have a week to decide while the seller goes camping so I am looking to make sure all the body parts that I would need to fix it up are available. He main thing I need bit cannot find are rear body mounts (rotted to nothing) I can't find them anywhere and I can even find the bracket that welds to the frame, but not the body side. Is it possible that they are included with a trunk pan or floor pan? I couldn't imagine it being a part that isn't available at all... Also 1 fender is rotted around the wheel arch and I have not seen that patch, just lower rears and fiberglass fenders, but I think I can find a nice factory fender somewhere.
Old August 3rd, 2014 | 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by deltathunder
I went and looked at a workable 66 today and I would like to get it. I have a week to decide while the seller goes camping so I am looking to make sure all the body parts that I would need to fix it up are available. He main thing I need bit cannot find are rear body mounts (rotted to nothing) I can't find them anywhere and I can even find the bracket that welds to the frame, but not the body side. Is it possible that they are included with a trunk pan or floor pan? I couldn't imagine it being a part that isn't available at all... Also 1 fender is rotted around the wheel arch and I have not seen that patch, just lower rears and fiberglass fenders, but I think I can find a nice factory fender somewhere.

Those are part of the floor braces that are welded on. You can buy the trunk braces from a/m suppliers. If Olds isn't listed check under Chevelle etc.
Old August 3rd, 2014 | 01:32 PM
Old(s) Fart

Anything that is common with the same year Chevelle is readily available. That covers the floor pan, trunk pan, firewall, and cowl. Parts that are Cutlass-unique (ie, outer sheetmetal) are few and far between in repro form. There are a few patch panels for the lower front and rear fenders, that's about it.
Old August 3rd, 2014 | 01:32 PM

I am not finding much information on a/m suppliers, do you have a link? I have seen a few different trunk braces and none mention the body mount. I need to find one that is all together to reference...
Old August 6th, 2014 | 03:52 AM

rear mounts

Hey:
The rear body mount is part of the trunk pan, I put in a new 1 pc trunk floor in my 66 Cutlass since it needed it anyway. I could not find an Olds specific rear body mount separate from any source, and none of the suppliers knew if a Chevelle unit was workable w/ modifications, none of the 7 pc trunk kits have this part either. If it is made new for a 1 pc trunk floor, then someone should sell it separate you would think.
Thanks Ron
Old August 6th, 2014 | 05:27 AM

if you need the mounts that weld to the side of frame by fuel tank they do sell those
Old August 11th, 2014 | 03:12 AM

The frame side of the mount is rock solid. It's on the trunk pan side. It needs a trunk anyways so that's all good news
Old August 11th, 2014 | 06:11 AM

I have many body parts for 66-67 cars.

get ahold of me direct
Larry Moyer
lemoldsnut@aol.com
calls 8 am to 8 pm west coast time 541-815-4363