Unplugged a vacuum line and can't figure out where?

Old May 6th, 2009, 10:53 PM

Unplugged a vacuum line and can't figure out where?

Ok I have a vacuum line attached at the rear of my intake manifold and had two coming from the back of the engine from somewhere. I still have one coming from the back of the engine but my other one came unplugged. Does anyone know where it should plug in to? I will try and look some more tomorrow, but my light burned out tonight so I had to give up.

The engine I am working on is a 455 in a 1970 442.

Last edited by Giddy; May 7th, 2009 at 07:00 AM.
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Giddy
Ok I have a vacuum line attached at the rear of my intake manifold and had two coming from the back of the engine from somewhere. I still have one coming from the back of the engine but my other one came unplugged. Does anyone know where it should plug in to? I will try and look some more tomorrow, but my light burned out tonight so I had to give up.

The engine I am working on is a 455 in a 1970 442.
I'm afraid you need to post a picture or provide us with more info. Does the car have A/C? Power brakes? Cruise? Power locks or trunk release? Automatic trans? Could be any of those, as well as the distributor vac advance or the thermactor line to the air cleaner. If the car has O.A.I. it could also be the actuator for the flapper door.
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:03 PM

Thanks, I will take a picture of how I have all my vacuum lines ran and see if it makes sense the car does have O.A.I. I think they were all screwed up and I reconnected them how I think they should go and my transmission shifts much smoother now. Although I thought it would shift down if I pushed the gas to the floor at around 40mph before and I don't think it did today.