69 442 - Carb Choke System and Choke Rod

Search this Thread

Old October 20th, 2021, 10:15 AM

69 442 - Carb Choke System and Choke Rod

Hello,

So I just got an original 69 442 carb rebuilt (7029251) . However, I don't have the correct choke system needed.

Would anyone know where I can find the original divorced choke system and choke rod for this carb?

Thanks for the help!

EDIT:

So I found some parts. But no one could confirm if it was the correct assembly for an oldsmobile.

If someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

OR if someone knows the actual part #

Last edited by arruv89; October 20th, 2021 at 02:10 PM.
Old October 20th, 2021, 10:30 AM

I believe the spring and cover is now reproduced. Check Fusick, Parts Place, Inline tube. For the rod and other small bits, you're most likely going to have to find them off of an old carb. Check some of the better known Quadrajet rebuilders and maybe Mike's Carburetor Parts.
Old October 20th, 2021, 10:03 PM
Old(s) Fart

The Chevy parts are NOT the same ones used by Oldsmobile. They will not work.
Old October 21st, 2021, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by acavagnaro
I believe the spring and cover is now reproduced. Check Fusick, Parts Place, Inline tube. For the rod and other small bits, you're most likely going to have to find them off of an old carb. Check some of the better known Quadrajet rebuilders and maybe Mike's Carburetor Parts.
Originally Posted by joe_padavano
The Chevy parts are NOT the same ones used by Oldsmobile. They will not work.
okay. So I found the correct part on thepartsplace.com and supercarsunlimited.com (see pics). But partsplace is sold out for the next month or two and supercars is out of office for the next month. My luck in a nutshell lol.

But I did find one on ebay for 68 442(see pic). Can anyone confirm that it would fit my 69 442 also?

Old October 21st, 2021, 06:22 PM
Old School Olds

Wow! Let me check my stash, I think I might have an original, and I wouldn't want near that, geeze.
Old October 21st, 2021, 08:05 PM

Just an FYI

I bought a crank keyway a few weeks ago from Supercars Unlimited thru their website paid by credit card , rec'd a e-mail stating they will not be able process the order for a few weeks . So I sent an e-mail cancelling the order and ordered the keyway thru Summit . Supercars charged my credit card - no big deal the order was somewhere around $17 figured I'd deal with it later ....

Well guess what I rec'd in the mail last week ? The keyways from Supercars & Summit ... no big deal I have 2 more Big Block Olds builds in the future .. So yes they are conducting business.
Old October 22nd, 2021, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by tru-blue 442
Wow! Let me check my stash, I think I might have an original, and I wouldn't want near that, geeze.
Originally Posted by jskorz
Just an FYI

I bought a crank keyway a few weeks ago from Supercars Unlimited thru their website paid by credit card , rec'd a e-mail stating they will not be able process the order for a few weeks . So I sent an e-mail cancelling the order and ordered the keyway thru Summit . Supercars charged my credit card - no big deal the order was somewhere around $17 figured I'd deal with it later ....

Well guess what I rec'd in the mail last week ? The keyways from Supercars & Summit ... no big deal I have 2 more Big Block Olds builds in the future .. So yes they are conducting business.

Thanks for help everyone! I really appreciate this community! I'm getting really impatient trying to get her back on the road and these little hiccups keep happening.

I did end up getting one from supercarsunlimited.com, they responded through email and I should have it in my mail by next Monday!