71 455 Intake manifold fitting/O.A.I

Search this Thread

Old December 8th, 2009, 06:00 AM

71 455 Intake manifold fitting/O.A.I

Can anyone help me with what type thread the hole is at the bottom of the attached photo. I'm assuming that this is a barbed 90 degree vacuum fitting that goes to the air cleaner heating element. Would anybody know where to get one of these or happen to have one for sale? This thread seems coarser then 1/8" npt yet smaller in diameter. The service manual and assembly manual is not very clear on the hose routing for OAI, and shows both applications for TCS and distributor vacuum control switch. Am I correct in assuming that I should only have the DVC switch? If any one could help me with the vacuum hose routing for the OAI it would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
manifold fitting.jpg (55.8 KB, 64 views)
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by fjross
Can anyone help me with what type thread the hole is at the bottom of the attached photo. I'm assuming that this is a barbed 90 degree vacuum fitting that goes to the air cleaner heating element. Would anybody know where to get one of these or happen to have one for sale? This thread seems coarser then 1/8" npt yet smaller in diameter. The service manual and assembly manual is not very clear on the hose routing for OAI, and shows both applications for TCS and distributor vacuum control switch. Am I correct in assuming that I should only have the DVC switch? If any one could help me with the vacuum hose routing for the OAI it would be greatly appreciated.
If you are talking about the boss shaped like an "8" with two holes, that is where the carb dashpot bolts up. Those are blind holes. One is simply a straight drilled hole for the locating tab on the dashpot bracket and the other is a tapped hole for the bolt that retains the dashpot.
Old December 8th, 2009, 07:59 AM

Thanks Joe, I looked back on my disassembly pics and just found a bolt in the hole that I was questioning about. My previous owner must have taken the dashpot off and never replaced it. For some reason, this lower hole is not blind, but a thru hole. I guess I have to start looking for a dashpot with bracket and hardware.

Thanks Dave