Leak in braided SS line for hydraulic throw out bearing

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2024, 06:44 PM

Leak in braided SS line for hydraulic throw out bearing

I purchased modern driveline’s hydraulic throw out bearing with slave cylinder/resovior and Tilton hydraulic adjustable bearing.

when I went to bleed the system I realized the elbow was leaking. When I took it apart it was missing a rubber bushing which they mailed to me. Today I reinstalled it and now discovered the braided stainless steel line is leaking. I can see exactly where it’s leaking from in the line.

Is it possible to cut above the leak and reinstall the ends without further issues? I don’t wanna pull the drive line again to replace a the line if I don’t have to.

Thanks,
Chad
Old March 9th, 2024, 12:28 AM

If you have the length, it shouldn't be an issue putting a new AN end on. Usually those 3 or 4 size lines are crimped, though. The prefab hoses are cheap enough to buy new, too.
I get your point about not wanting to pull the trans, but it may be easier in the long run. You may as well get some practice.
Old March 19th, 2024, 04:18 AM
Banned

Just pulled tranny replaced slave cylinder MANUAL five SPEED CLUTCH.Didnt check under the truck and the plastic clips that keep the braided cable from master cylinder to slave connection. Was putting the plastic clip hit the exhaust and melted into the road so now modern slave line is leaking out brake fluid anywhere.**** PLEASE I NEED A FIX AND DONT WANT TO PULL OUT TRANNY AGAIN. ANYONE SUGGESTIONS.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Last edited by dsiaok; March 20th, 2024 at 05:44 AM.
Old March 19th, 2024, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by dsiaok
Just pulled tranny replaced slave cylinder MANUAL five SPEED CLUTCH.Didnt check under the truck and the plastic clips that keep the braided cable from master cylinder to slave connection. Was putting the plastic clip hit the exhaust and melted into the road so now modern slave line is leaking out brake fluid anywhere.**** PLEASE I NEED A FIX AND DONT WANT TO PULL OUT TRANNY AGAIN. ANYONE SUGGESTIONS
if it’s a PTFE like like mine…I’m going to cut the line above the leak a put a female AN4 connector there. Looks like it’s coming from China…so might take a bit to get it