General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

I'm in a dispute

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Hookers under Hood

I'm in a dispute

My black 09 Pontiac G8 just had a liquid red baby!!! Picking it up next week, So its another 09 but liquid red.
I mentioned this to my wife before I got home it had a baby boy while I was at work and filled her in on the details, as to color etc.
She then said NOPE its a girl, its liquid red, with leather interior.

I replied NO! NO! , Listen it has carpet on the floor, no blower under the hood, and the handbook does not say,

1) When cold , start out gently take it up to speed slowley as to not blow 'er' up prematurely.

2) Check all fluids daily prior to jumping in 'er'

3) Kick your rubbers off before stepping on the carpet.

4) Keep the hood closed during daylight hours after 22k

Lastly all fluids should be added during the evenings hours only.

She still thinks it had a baby girl. GO figure!!! If that was the case I would have purchased a mustang

Last edited by 76olds; October 17th, 2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old October 17th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Just an Olds Guy

So what's the real issue here? You want to **** off your wife and lose the freedom you've had to work on your Olds??? Let her call it what she wants and listen with your deaf ear....
Old October 17th, 2014, 02:57 PM

This is possibly the gayest thread I have ever read on this site

Last edited by 59-59-59; October 17th, 2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old October 17th, 2014, 04:36 PM

Huh? I'm lost. Guessing that you're trying satirical humor in some of the differences between men and women.

I'll just say Pontiac G8's are pretty cool cars (basically a modernized 04-06 GTO) and you have a really nice 76 Cutlass in your avatar.
Old October 18th, 2014, 03:30 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

Your wife is quite right, as is mine and everyone else's at all times. PARTICULARLY WHEN THEY ARE COMPLETELY WRONG!!!!!!!. All successful different sex relationships depend on this axiom.
Say "Yes dear, what shall we call her?", and you can play with your Olds again.

Roger.
Old October 18th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Administrator

My wife is always right, just ask her...
Old October 18th, 2014, 06:15 AM

Not only am I always wrong, my wife will also call her friends to confirm I am wrong. How do you combat that?, lol!

By the way. Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car. After an hour, open it up and see which one is happy to see you! Can't remember where I first heard that, but it still cracks me up. You have to be in the "over 20 year" club to fully appreciate it, though.
Old October 18th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Hookers under Hood

First I have to apologize to the guys here, My sense of humour is often taken badly by some. Second, you guys are absolutely correct, the wife is always rite !!! It didn't take long before I had a couple drinks after work last night. Yes I get easy and laid back after a few. Then had a few more of course go figure. It is now her new car lol, I finally had to give in. She ended up jumping me on my vibrating lazy boy shouting 'give it to me' I want it you don't need two. I guess that's why the wife is always rite. I will post a couple pics when we get it for the guys that didn't take my post too seriously. I will get a new set of personalized plates for her with PUTRTHER!!!!
Cheers
Eric

Last edited by 76olds; October 18th, 2014 at 07:45 AM.
Old October 18th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Hookers under Hood

Originally Posted by Allan R
So what's the real issue here? You want to **** off your wife and lose the freedom you've had to work on your Olds??? Let her call it what she wants and listen with your deaf ear....
Put'er'ther... Allan my Olds always gets what it wants, truly she's an awesome wife. My bad sense of humour led me to this post. Along with a few shots of Jack!! I will hold back on my future posts.
Cheers
Eric
Old October 18th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Hookers under Hood

Originally Posted by Jetstarjim
Not only am I always wrong, my wife will also call her friends to confirm I am wrong. How do you combat that?, lol!

By the way. Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car. After an hour, open it up and see which one is happy to see you! Can't remember where I first heard that, but it still cracks me up. You have to be in the "over 20 year" club to fully appreciate it, though.
LOL, I can't even raise my voice to my kids or 'cash' our rottweiler will come at me.
Old October 18th, 2014, 09:21 AM

So that's what happens when we drink and type out loud!! Lol.. I always thought if I where to have an email conversation with James Brown when alive, it would have been as understandable..Lol..
Clearly you let her have the car so it can buy you credit for later large purchases..such as another Hot Rod, Twin engine Boat.. You get my drift?
Old October 18th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Hookers under Hood

Originally Posted by seansolds
Clearly you let her have the car so it can buy you credit for later large purchases..such as another Hot Rod, Twin engine Boat.. You get my drift?
Booyeah I got it. I want my 455 this winter LOL.!! A twin engine boat, now you've got me thinkin'. Haha yeah I may even put the gas in it for her !!
Old October 18th, 2014, 12:04 PM

There are chick cars like the mini and the beetle, and there are men's cars like the Corvette and the 442.

A G8 is not a chick car.

Last edited by Rocketguy; October 18th, 2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old October 18th, 2014, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rocketguy
There are chick cars like the mini and the beetle, and there are men's cars like the Corvette and the 442.

A G8 is not a chick car.

My wife drives a Jeep. Now that I think of it, she's almost run over me about a dozen times. I'm beginning to wonder.......
Old October 18th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Hookers under Hood

Originally Posted by Jetstarjim
My wife drives a Jeep. Now that I think of it, she's almost run over me about a dozen times. I'm beginning to wonder.......
LOL, I wonder as well, we also own a 2002 Pontiac G/P GT as well as a 2006 Pontiac G/P GT. I guess you can say I'm a Pontiac guy . Their isn't a panel on either of the 2 without a scratch or dent. My wife says each time I don't know what happened!!! She just got a new pair of glasses so hopefully the G8's will see less dings, dents and scratches.
Old October 18th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

I consider the corvette a chick car . 76olds I got the humor in your thread. I think its the canadian in you ehh . Lol
Old October 18th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Hookers under Hood

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
I consider the corvette a chick car . 76olds I got the humor in your thread. I think its the canadian in you ehh . Lol
Oh probably LOL, Plus the fact.... Every dam time Jack Daniels goes up on my counter and won't get down till I put em' down.
Put-er'ther copper..... I try to be normal honest.
Cheers
Eric