General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Dick Miller is a joke

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2021, 11:50 PM

I bought a melanized distributor gear and a lifter valley tray from Dick Miller. they worked great. Mondello on the other hand are a joke. I ordered the 5 color Mondello Twister T-Shirt and received a black and white one. I also have two different lifter valley trays from Mondello that do not fit and I cannot use. I order very little from Mondello, like the pipe plug with the .040" hole in it to lube the distributor gear. Mondello has some good stuff but they are overpriced and most of the stuff you can get elsewhere for less money.
Old August 7th, 2021, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by oldsmobuser
I bought a melanized distributor gear and a lifter valley tray from Dick Miller. they worked great. Mondello on the other hand are a joke. I ordered the 5 color Mondello Twister T-Shirt and received a black and white one. I also have two different lifter valley trays from Mondello that do not fit and I cannot use. I order very little from Mondello, like the pipe plug with the .040" hole in it to lube the distributor gear. Mondello has some good stuff but they are overpriced and most of the stuff you can get elsewhere for less money.
There are two Mondello's. One, likely the one you dealt with, was the guy who "took over" the original Mondello's business. His name is Lynn, and he is a piece of ... "work." The other Mondello shop is owned and run by the son of the original Mondello. THIS is the shop you want to work with. Others can chime in with where each is located - I don't recall and don't want to muddy the waters.
Old August 9th, 2021, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by BackInTheGame
There are two Mondello's. One, likely the one you dealt with, was the guy who "took over" the original Mondello's business. His name is Lynn, and he is a piece of ... "work." The other Mondello shop is owned and run by the son of the original Mondello. THIS is the shop you want to work with. Others can chime in with where each is located - I don't recall and don't want to muddy the waters.
the original Mondello run by the scam artist, Lynn Pullmyfinger, is in Paso Robles, CA. AVOID AT ALL COST
The real performance shop is Bernard Mondello Racing Engines in Corona, CA. This is the one you want.