General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Anyone used the repro bumpers? 71-72 cutout

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2008, 01:50 PM

Anyone used the repro bumpers? 71-72 cutout

Has anyone used any of the new reproduction, "triple chrome plated as good or better than O.E.M. rear bumpers for the 71-72 w/cutouts? I was traded a bad, bent, poorly chromed one-only to find out when I put it on my car how bad it really was! The cost of the repro's seems to be good-about $395.+ 40. shipping. Are they as good or better than the originals? Also, my car has the bumper guards on it--I can't find a measurement in the assembly manual--it looks like they are centered between the closest bumper bolt and the reverse lights--anyone know for sure?--Thanks for the help and the opinions!-Steve
Old November 7th, 2008, 03:51 AM

STAY AWAY FROM BUMPER BOYZ, BAD VERY BAD.
Old November 8th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by taps442
Has anyone used any of the new reproduction, "triple chrome plated as good or better than O.E.M. rear bumpers for the 71-72 w/cutouts? I was traded a bad, bent, poorly chromed one-only to find out when I put it on my car how bad it really was! The cost of the repro's seems to be good-about $395.+ 40. shipping. Are they as good or better than the originals? Also, my car has the bumper guards on it--I can't find a measurement in the assembly manual--it looks like they are centered between the closest bumper bolt and the reverse lights--anyone know for sure?--Thanks for the help and the opinions!-Steve
I bought from TAMRAZ and their quality on the cutout bumper is exceptional. No problems whatsoever with ordering or shipping. And their price was really good. BTW they didn't need a core as exchange either.

As far as bumper guards go, the bumper would be "pierced" at the factory to install this option. If you have the original bumper, use it as a template.
Old November 8th, 2008, 01:56 PM

repro bumper--71-72

Thanks for the advice--Tamraz was the place I was checking out--I do not have my original bumper-traded it for the piece of junk-of course, I didn't realize how bad it was till I got it on the car!
Steve