The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2014, 04:20 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

John. Sounds like a good dinner. Will GS V2.0 Be a hardtop? or a vert?

Allan, The documentation is going to be sent from Cali to the owner in St. Louis. Not sure if I can get a pic of it or not.

We will be checking mostly to make sure the car is road worthy to St. louis, and probably doing a little a/c work. and maybe upper control arm bushings, and it can use a rag joint in the steering column.

Hope everyone had a great Easter.

Have a Monday.
Old April 21st, 2014, 04:22 AM

Mawn'in all

Beautimus day to smack whitey 'round

John, It " was" down in Roswell, I'll go by de shop and take sum pics if it's still there.

GTG Whitey awaits

Have a great week Olds friends
Old April 21st, 2014, 06:57 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Monday everyone.

Man I just wasn't feeling it this morning. The dogs woke me up at 7 and when I fixed their breakfast they didn't want anything to do with it. Fine I said, I'm going back to bed. Got back up a few minutes ago.

No Awful house for me today. By the time I'd get there it would be lunchtime. So a nice bowl of Lucky Charms is in store. Got plenty to do today. If I can get a ride I'm gonna take the Fiat to the dealer to have its oil changed, and a few other things that are nit-picky. It takes them long enough to change the oil, this time it might take them all week.

John there's nothing wrong with having a pair of something. Or three.

Clint I'm not following the logic. If the guy lives in St. Louis why not have the car shipped to him and have it worked on there? Do you know this guy? Driving from Denver to St. Louis is going to be a long trip.

Guess I'll start getting ready for the day. Have a good day everyone.
Old April 21st, 2014, 07:17 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Everything is pretty quiet here today. Had to drive da boy to college this mawnin because the regular bus isn't running due to 'holiday scheduling'. No biggie traffic was pretty light. He has to present a bank design that's being planned close to the river. Saw it for the first time yesterday and I was really impressed.

Today's shaping up nicely. Should get up to 14* later today, so I'm fixing to grill poke tendaloin later. Nothin better than fresh grill and a micro brew to help pass the time watching it cook.....

Jim, have fun wit whitey.

Clint, gotcha. Nothing on that 70 that would present any real challenges. Is it keeping that exhaust or is it getting changed out?

Mike, sorry to hear the pups aren't appreciating your culinary skills. BtW, I was just kidding about using the M35 to pull the airstream. ??? Are you kidding me? Not going to awful house? You feeling ok?

Well, gotta get after stuff shortly. Monday's can really suck sometimes.
Old April 21st, 2014, 09:22 AM

Good afternoon everyone.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Spring version 2.0 has arrived and looks like it might stay around for a while this time.

Nothing else new around here.

Allan, you have Mondays? I thought you only had Saturdays now.

Mike, no Awful House?

Have fun Jamesbo.

Have a great week everyone!
Old April 21st, 2014, 09:44 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Paul - yup. I treat Monday just like Saturday and Sunday.

Our Spring 2.1 is the Beta version. After Checking Weather 3.0, I discovered the Spring 2.1 will be downgraded to Moisture 4.4 tomorrow until at least Saturday. Then it's supposed to be reinstalled as Spring 2.2, followed by Summer 1.4
Old April 21st, 2014, 11:25 AM
CQR

Golfer: "Think I'm going to drown myself in the lake."

Caddy: "Think you can keep your head down that long"?
Old April 21st, 2014, 04:52 PM
Captain Starfire

Kwik check-in, Oldsmobuds----

Hope all are well on another gor-ju-ous day in the hills.... travlin' manana. Salt mine planned for Wed. Been seein' huge black snakes roamin' the N. GA mountains; two in two days -- I'd say both might have been just shy of 4'. The scary part is that one was movin' FAST....

Clint, no 'vert GSs in my future I know of... #2 would be the one that was flooded in Katrina and my buddy in KY re-did. I'm still on the fence. That powertrain takin' a bruisin from him is my stumblin' block. He has a heavy foot, but he's only put about 1K miles on it; so not sure if he could inflict any permenent damage in that short period... but he's tryin'.... ;-(
Just need to decide. I'm maybe 50-50 right now.

Sandy, where y'at?

Mike, I like pairs myself. ;-)

Hope the whackin' went well, Jamesbo.

Took the bike up to Brasstown Bald and dropped the stinkin' thing trying to turn around when I pulled in the gravel off the road going uphill... a couple good Samaritans stopped and helped me "right" it.... I couldn't do it myself 'cause I was pulling "uphill" -- Thank goodness, I was able to jump off and didn't hurt myself.

But bike wasn't unscathed -- minor damage on the right side... some body panels and the right exhaust scratched up... The ride was nice, but that definitely put a wrench in the works.

Whelpt, lemme get buzzin' to get goin' in the mornin'. I'll check in later in da' week. Y'all have a great one.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 21st, 2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old April 21st, 2014, 05:27 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Beautiful out. What a great day it was, almost 80 and sunny. This is what we could have every day.

So all was not lost without Awful house. I got my buddy Johnboy to give me a ride to the Fiat place. Johnboy works at the Awful house. Then we went to BK for lunch and there was Carmen. She works at Awful house as well. Didn't hear back from the Fiat guy so they must have my car torn all apart. As long as I get it back by Friday I don't care.

John I thought your car that got flooded was a convertible. Boy you just can't beat a convertible. I guess you know that. Give me a shout if you're stopping for lunch in the Big ATL on your way out tomorrow I'll run up and meet you. Glad you're not skinned up from the spill.

Allan there's no skill in the dogs' food. It's a scoop of kibble and a can of Alpo. They devour it most days but today I guess they weren't feeling it either. I shared my BK with them and also my pork ribs tonight. They liked that a lot better. I'm trying to imagine the Deuce pulling a camping trailer. Same color green of course.

That is odd not hearing from Sandy on a lovely Monday. "Hope you're doing good Sandy!"

Guess I'll retire for the evening. Hope everyone's week started out good.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 04:04 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

John, bummer about the lay-down. Glad you were able to get out of the way.

Mike I agree. Not very logical. It is what it is. He doesn't have anyone who he can trust down there I guess.

Allan, I believe he is keeping it for now. I'm not a fan of headers, and these have seen more than its share of speed bumps and curbs.

Sandy, Hope you're feeling ok.

Everyone have a Tuesday.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 04:06 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice mawn'in but spose to get wet later in de day.

Clint, No golf jokes please. My game is a joke all by itself. Don't know why but my wrist hurts so bad I shouldn't played yesterday. Wrapped it up and went anywho

John, Sorry 'bout de mishap. I'm scared to death of the things. I vote dump de bike for GS # 3

Mike, I've had 2 dogs perish from stomach torsion in 50 years, [from eating too fast.] A friend told me about this bowl [which I bought] that has big pegs in it. Spose to slow down their eating.

Sandy, Whar ya at? [in de vernacular]
Have a great day Olds friends
Old April 22nd, 2014, 05:34 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning all.

Another beautiful morning, though the storm looms. I haven't noticed a lot of pollen the last couple days so maybe this will be the final wash and then we'll be done with the heavy yellow dust.

Thinking about a burn pile this morning. If it rains this afternoon then it goes completely out which is good since I'll be gone all day tomorrow.

Jamesbo I've heard of those peg dishes. I have a feeling the pegs would be gone with the food. My dogs tend to like to dismantle things. I agree people with big dogs need to know the signs of bloat and other stomach trauma.

John I think Jamesbo is on to something. With a GS convertible, there's no falling over when turning on gravel. When it rains you push a button to stay dry instead of stopping under an overpass and donning rain gear. You don't have to buy tires every 10,000 miles(well, maybe with that cam...). Hope you have a safe trip today.

Clint the next time I want to check out a car out of town I'll just call you. But I'll send you on a better airline.

Okay Awful house. Mail some bills. Get something done before the rain. Have a great day everyone.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 09:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

I is here!!! . Every time I try to post on this friggin kindle, I lose my post and get mad!!

Happy No Chemo For Me Today day!!!

We have rain this morning but supposed to get sunny. Temps in the 50's. Big drop from yesterday. It was a gorgeous sunny 78* yesterday!!!! Of course it was over 80 in here and I thought I'd die. Had my fan on all day. Its only 78* in here now. Was 80 but I turned off Steves heater when he went to lunch. I have a skort and tank top on. I cant take off any more clothes. I peopled the door open yesterday to air this place out and of course Brian closed it when he came in from lunch.

Glad everyone had a good Easter. Ours was good. I couldn't eat the ham or my deviled eggs. Yucky..... The coconut cake also tasted awful. I was so sad. Nicole brought her friend Jon who came over from Indiana. Very nice young man. Larry even liked him! Jean came down and Jr and Elyse. I got tired but it was nice. Gorgeous weekend weather wise.

Took Teepo to Defer Friday and she got her oil changed. Pedro also put a new rear tail shaft seal in her and cleaned and tightened the speedometer cable. He said it was leaking fluid too. So no more tranny leak!!! She is happy!!! They all loved her new seat too.

Not much new around here. I'm feeling ok. My feet aren't hurting quite as much but are still ugly. The left one is peeling now. I get tired very quickly and get short of breath real easy without really doing much,which I don't like. My feet are still swelled and my lymphedema arm is really swelled too and it hurts. My left hand is very painful. Hopefully all this crap will go away soon. I won't hold my breath though. My shoulders and lower back Burt reeeeal bad. That could be this hormone blocker cause it causes osteoporosis and I already have the starts of that. Bone pain is a common side effect.

Friday I go see a plastic surgeon in Akron. Im excited!!

So Larry and I are going to go to Arizona the last week of May!!!! I can't wait! I just hate to come back here though. I want to stay with my friend Terry forever lol.

I emailed the owner yesterday and told him about Steve agreeing to give me 3 weeks vacation after my 5th year anniversary, which was in october, and how I haven't heard anything about it. So I asked him to think about it and told him how much it would help me to have it when I'm off to have the surgeries and all. So he gave me the extra week!!! I am so grateful!! He really is a wonderful man. So I have 15 vacation days for this year now. The week in May I will be using my carryover days from last year. They have to be used by June 1st. God it will be so nice to get the hell out of here!!!!

Hopefully next year we can do the Lousyanna trip!

Well I want to go walk some so you all have a good day.

Last edited by cutlassgal; April 22nd, 2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 11:05 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Tooosday. rah.

Clint - I hear ya on the headers. Funny it reminds me of this commercial for Auto Trader???

Jim - Sorry to hear your arm is not well enough to whack ol whitey. I'll do de honors fer Clint ok?

Jim - "Your trouble is that you're not addressing the ball correctly."
Clint - "Yeah, well I've been polite to the bloody thing for long enough."

Mike - Hope the bonfire idea works out. Safe trip tomorrow.

Sandy - Good to hear you and Teepo are doing well. I need to put a new tailshaft seal in the Silver Surfer too. It puked over the winter, and that's hard to do with it being 2 1/2 quarts low. Maybe I'll just drain the pan when I do the tail shaft and speedo cable and put new seal/gasket all the way around.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 03:36 PM

Back online! When I got home from work last Weds. I had no phone or internet (Frontier), last night I thought that it was fixed, as I had a dial tone and internet for an hour or so, but this morning, no such thing. I assumed that they had come out and serviced it (I had called), but the service tech did not show up 'til today at 4 pm, way too long of a wait, i had called Comcast this morning about switching my DSL and land line, they'll be here next Weds. I didn't have the heart to tell the tech that I was dropping them. I have had poor internet connection for quite awhile, and just got tired of it.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 04:51 AM

Mawn'in all

Rain gone [wasn't much yesterday anywho]

Clint, I predict you fix'in to hit "submit" any second now.

Was gonna try an sneak off fer a few hours and hit sum ***** but de course has sum kinda high school tournament today. Why aren't de in school or out drink'in beer like high school students are spose to.

Allan dat Cheby reminds me of my youth. Only we didn't have any low riders. Most everyone wanted dem higher not lower back den.I had a bud wit a 55 Ferd dat used to jack it up wit 2X4's in de leaf springs. Didn't last but 'bout a day but certainly was economical

Welp GTG

Have a great day Olds friends
Old April 23rd, 2014, 05:27 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning fellow Hump Day participants.

Rain was nil here yesterday as well. I had uncovered the Rampside and swept it all out, hoping the rain would give it a rinse. But it was not to be. So today I'll take the garden hose to it.

Thinking back to high school, I don't remember anyone lowering or raising their cars. The big chrome hoopties were years off at that point. Even the itty bitty wheels and tires came after. I can't remember anything that was really out of the ordinary. We must have been in a car culture vacuum.

Sandy I started thinking even before I finished reading your post, oh Sandy's going to Arizona. Hope she remembers to come back.

Well I guess I'm staying home today. My car is still in the shop and there are no rental cars where I was going. None. How odd. I'll have to plan on next week. When I told the guy he could keep my car all week I really didn't think he'd do it.

Dan computer problems are the worst. When I have computer problems I go to the library. The trouble is the county has cut back the library's hours so much they're only open a few hours a week. And not at all on the weekend. There are no options for me at my house, it's either Charter or nothing. You know we haven't seen Darrell for awhile, either.

Time for Awful house. It's car washing day today and I think the pollen is about done so I might just get out a big bucket of suds and go to town.

Have a good day everybody.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 05:30 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Guess that means you Jamesbo!! . Cloudy here this morning and temps af 37*. Friggin cold. Supposed to get down to 30 tonight. I predict another freezing May this year. So much for getting my green beans in.

Not much going on here as usual. Quiet morning. They have heaters blasting and the temp is climbing up. Was 72, now is 74.

So my computer guru Kelly put Vista on my laptop. I'm not liking it very well. Much different than XP. Don't know why Microsoft had to quit supporting XP since a lot of people had it. Guess I'll get used to this Vista. I have to call support at Avast anti virus cause it won't let me load it again and it would'nt transfer over from XP. So I have no anti virus protection now.

Tina is comic g over again Thursday night to show me how I should take all the Doterra supplement pills I ordered. I worked out a little bit last night. So sore and short of breath though. Sure wish this fluid I'm holding would get out of me already. Only one sore on my left foot hurts now, so that's good. That foot is starting to peel now though. Oh well.

Well you all have a nice day when you get up!!
Old April 23rd, 2014, 05:31 AM
CQR

Mornin all

Jamesbo, Sorry you caught me dilly-farting around. I was shopping Cabela's for a new air rifle. The kid left mine cocked for a week or more and now the inert gas bag had lost its pop.

Here Allan
Golfer: "How do you like my game"?
Caddy: "Very good, sir, but personally, I prefer golf.."

WB Dan.

Sandy, Glad you could join us again

Mike, I'd be happy to. And with the way you buy cars, I had better not unpack from my last trip

Well the wife is getting her Baby chicks tonight. She had to get the stock tank ready to keep them in. The kid sold her Boa on Saturday. So one heat lamp off and another one on. Xcel energy probably thinks this is a grow house.

Have a humpday all.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 06:14 AM
Captain Starfire

Home Sweet Home on Humpity

Morning, all.... Had a safe trip back yesterday. Every time the weather folk perdict the sky afallin', we get a little spit from da' sky. Nuttin much in over 600 miles, but it was cloudy just about the whole way, which is great.

Mike, our main objective when we leave from Hiawassee is to get thru Hotlanta... we ate at Cracker Barrel in Mitylene near Montgomery... that gets us about half way home before.

Was supposed to be a the salt mine today, but called my sympathetic boss and begged for another day off, and she complied. Got a list of "to do's" a mile long, so let me get at 'em....

But as far as addressing the ball and whackin' whitey, here's my contribution, not unrelated to Captain Starfire (a.k.a. "Video"):

Sounds as if things are movin' in the proper direction, Sandy!

Y'all have a great one, Oldsmopals.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 05:28 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Wow, quiet day here. So now I'm on Beta Blockers for my BP and HR. Yay, I'm so thrilled I could spit. Don't know if they're going to work but I know that there's no 'just stopping' them cold turkey. Script says doing that could cause heart attack or irregular HB. On the + side, some of my foot neuropathy is diminishing. Oh yeah, I could get blue toes like Sandy....

Noah didn't finish his project in time and all day long the weather has been reminding him of that.

Mike - sorry to hear about the Fiat woes.

John - I love those old Honeymooners shows. Carney and Gleason were hysterical. Odd that I didn't see it that way as a kid.

Jim - never did care much for low riders. Didn't know if you guys down there got .ca TV ads.

Sandy - you installed Vista? Someone is prankin you. That's what Windows 7 and Windows 8 were supposed to be. It's a premature release of the real thing - I know because I have it on my PC. Yes, it does take a lot of getting used to - especially the .docx and .ppt applications. .xls is ok though. Vista also uses a lot of memory redundantly. Have it un-installed and replaced with at least Windows 7. Microsoft will support those for a long time to come. Vista is likely next on the chopping block.

Clint - Loved that pic of Brit from when you bought her. She still looks gorgeous. Here's the daily instalments, I couldn't decide which one I like better.

"Bad day at the course," Jim tells de supermodel. "Allan had de big one on de third hole."
"That's terrible!" she says.
"You're telling me" says Jim. "All day long, it was hit the ball, en den drag Allan."

Old April 23rd, 2014, 05:54 PM

Hey clan, glad too see everyone is kicking.

Sandy, Vista is not the program you want. Windows had a bunch of problem with that on. Go to 7 if you can. 8, not sure if that would work. It works like a tablet now, by touch screen. I am tired of mircosoft, I just bought an IMac a week ago. So easy to use and very simple. No need for virus protection or spyware, plug and play computer.

My smalls claims court date didn't go very well yesterday, customer hired a lawyer. That didn't scare me, they were trying to bully me around. I had all my paperwork, bullet's in the chamber so to speak. Trying to use this and that excuse, threats that it would cost me lots of money. All I told them I will be talking with my lawyer.
In contact with my lawyer today and supposed to have a meeting, but that might be on hold. Wanted to go take photos for my records and build a case but was refused. Now they want to settle out of court, gave me an offer, I received more information today which I caught my customer in a big lie so now I have the winning shot.

So things are looking up after today. Sounds like the pipeline is firing up soon. Looks like I am heading to BC, they didn't get the line job in SK. Oh well go where the cash flow is.

Well that is my can of beans for the day, sounds like everyone is doing okay too.

Peace from Manitoba. Take care my freind's and talk to you tomorrow
Old April 23rd, 2014, 06:10 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Kyle - WTH?? Sup fellow Canuck? Ya need some muscle ta help ya out? I'll send Ma, Vinnie and 'da boys' ifyawanem. I looked back a few pages and couldn't find the story on the small claims court issue.

Sorry to hear that it's BC you're going to. SK or AB would have been better. Life in Fort St John will be a learning experience. BTW it's not a very big place - Alaska Highway goes almost right through the middle of it. Be careful on Thursday nights at the bar.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 06:26 PM

Hey Allan, thanks. Needed the smile.

This has been going on since last November. Between our trip to Mayo and then working out west, finally have time to deal with this.

We did a big house reno last year. Came across alot of issues when we opened her up and alot of other projects got added. Well the cost adds up quick. Got the old line, yes fix it and I will pay what ever it costs. Should of known better. Come to the bill, well it should't cost this and that and bla bla bla. Big chunk of change, max out on the amount for small claims. Was more but gave a break. Too bad it had to go this far.

Well thanks for the tip, I don't go to the bar much. Maybe to go have a meal and a fake beer, but that is it. My bar days are over. Not sure how long in BC, we have to head back to MB and SK border to finish some cleanup. At least I will be close to home.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 07:00 PM

Good evening everyone.

Looks like Spring 2.0 has crashed and needs to be reset. The temps are dropping here again But at least the street sweepers are out on the streets, so hopefully that means the end of the salty roads for another season.

I can't believe we are less than two weeks from the start of car show season.

I'm getting anxious to get the Delta out and to get back to work on the Cutlass. I bet you all thought it was done. Fooled you!

Why do short weeks always feel so long?

Kyle, hope it all works out for you, and good luck on the new job.

Thanks for the laugh Allan.

John, good luck with the to do list. And good laugh with the video.

Sandy, I think I sort of know how you feel with the heat at work. I think we are at the period where they won't turn the A/C on, either until a certain date or temperature.

Mike, good luck without the car. I know what it's like. Around here, some Ford dealerships have free loaner cars, some rent their loaners and some don't have any. Makes it challenging when they need to keep your car overnight. Hopefully they do not need to keep your car all week.

Jamesbo, I think my highschool actually had a golf team.

Dan, hope the service switchover goes well.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week.
Old April 24th, 2014, 04:00 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin' from da' salt mine. Funny, nuttin' ever seems to change around here. I guess that's good, else my **** would be gone. We did all get termination notices a couple weeks back, as my contractor's contract is ending. We're all hoping to transition to the new contractor; not sure if my part-time status will be an asset or liability. But normally, they ask the "powers that be" who to keep and who to let slide, and I think I'll be on the "blessed" list; but it's up to the new boys in town who will really stay or go. They just might not want to bother with part-timers. If that's the case, maybe they'll be doing me a flavor. So be it.

Whelpt, let me get to my Heavenly Bake Shop apple fritter (lo calorie, of course ), topped by a generous helping of worm. Have a fab Thursday, Oldsmobuds.
Old April 24th, 2014, 04:28 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

John. Hope they keep you on at least part time.

Paul good to hear from you. Does it have to rain hard a couple times to rinse off the streets enough to be salt free?

Kyle, do they allow lawyers in small claims court up there? Here, if the case was initially filed in small claims court, no matter how high it gets kicked up, small claims court rules still apply (no lawyers.)

Allan, Thanks. That was the first time I ever laid eyes on her. He had just uncovered her and pulled her out of the barn so I could take a look.I can't say I was 100 percent happy with her underneath (She's not a Colorado car), but overall she was in good enough shape to bring her home (slowly).

Golfer: "Please stop checking your watch. It's too much of a distraction."
Caddy: "It's not a watch, it's a compass."

Well the missus brought home her baby chicks last night Rhode Island Reds. So now we have a stock tank in the spare room and lots of constant peep peep going on. good thing they grow fast. they should be out of here in no time.

Have a Thursday all.
Old April 24th, 2014, 05:08 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Yet another beautiful day. A little cooler this morning that days past but still excellent.

I decided to forego the car washing yesterday in favor of mowing. I got most of it done, but I use an electric mower and my extension cord wasn't long enough. I have a battery mower my sister gave me but I can't find where to plug in the charger.

So I thought I'd get the car back yesterday afternoon. Nope. This is the longest oil change. There were a couple other nit picky things I wanted him to look at, maybe he's waiting on parts. Or maybe it's been done for two days and in typical dealer fashion they haven't called me. Oh, Fiats don't have dealers, they have "studios." Please.

Last day of Awful house for awhile. It's my last day off too. Think I'll take in the junkyard this morning. This afternoon a guy wants to come over and look at my pontoon. I wasn't really planning on selling it but he really wants a boat, and he's seen this one. I expect I'll end up selling it to him for next to nothing. The boat is trash but the trailer is an expensive one. Eh, he's a good guy, does a lot for people. And besides, I need it out of the yard.

Okay gotta get things moving. Have a good Thursday everyone.
Old April 24th, 2014, 06:11 AM

X2 what Mike said 'bout de weather

Hye mike, What kinda motor does de pontoon have?

Thought y'all mite wanta a video omy me play'in golf

Old April 24th, 2014, 06:24 AM
CQR

OMG! Thanks for the laugh Jamesbo!
Old April 24th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Sunny and cool here today. Heading to about 58* later on.

Nice and quiet in here without Brian today. I'm enjoying it. Keeps me busier too.

I don't know if I'll be able to golf at our NY outing later this summer or not. Not that I can golf anyhow, lol. I just like to go and see everyone and eat free food and win prizes.

AllanR.... I've been on a beta blocker since 2010 for my A -fib. Its called Bystolic. It keeps my heart pretty much in rhythm. A friend of mine takes it for her blood pressure. It does cause Raynauds syndrome -the freezing fingers and toes. Always side effects to everything.

Lin is doing good on this new anti arrythmic medicine they put her on in the hospital. Her heart is just wearing out.

I was reading on some of the breast cancer forums yesterday from the other ladies who have taken this wonderful Taxotere and are holding fluid. They said diuretics didn't really help. Most of them have the burning sore places and the peeling feet. They said in about 16 friggin weeks after their last treatment they finally started losing the fluid accumulation. So I'm looking at struggling at least 4 months.... I'm sure it will get worse in the hot weather. No wonder toenails fall off. The skin is so tight around the toes. I've never had anything like this. Guess it could be worse though.

My friend Pam is sick and going through all sorts of blood tests for different things. Mono, TB, jaundice.... shes had a fever and stuff for almost 2 weeks. She will be seeing Rehmus too next week since Rehnus is a blood doctor also. I told her to run if rehmus mentions taxotere!!!!

Well its lunch time so I guess I'll eat and see if I can walk. Have a good day all.
Old April 24th, 2014, 10:25 AM

Ever have one of those days. Well Wednesday was mine.
1. Got up Tuesday morning with the gutters overflowing and water getting into the basement. Up on the rooftop unplug gutters and clean up mess in basement
2. So up on at a job site to meet with a general contractor (I'm a electrical contractor) to go over a project that is supposed to be mine only to find out he invited two other trunk slammer electrical contractors to give him bids because he needs a lower price.
3. On the way home on the freeway in the center lane. Traffic is heavy stop and go. I am already feeling like $h!t. Everyone starts hitting the brakes so I do the same and we come to a complete stop. I look in my rear view mirror and a black pickup is barreling down on me with no signs of stopping. I lay my head back to the head rest relax and wait for it. Bang he hits me hard enough to drive me into the car in front of me and that car into the car in front of him. I'm not hurt but I look in my rear view mirror and all I can see are deployed airbags in the truck behind me. The guy is dazed form the airbag but otherwise unhurt. He does have insurance so that's a good thing. Cops come he admits to complete fault. My truck I bout 6 months ago is fubar. Now the fun begins

A couple of double scotches that evening and all is well

That's how a day can go
Old April 24th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Glad you are OK.....!
Old April 24th, 2014, 11:24 AM

Pat, I think I'd double up on de double scotches. Gad you're OK. I'm stiill have lots of fun since November when I got rear ended by a semi. I think I like the lawyers better dan de doctors.
Old April 24th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

It's Turdsday!

After reading that story of Pats, maybe Toosday was Turdsday for him. Really sorry to hear about that. No one ever wants to be in that situation. Hope it works out all right, and no after effects are felt. BTW I like your medical remedy for relaxing

So last night the door bell rings. It's a guy named Michael who's running for a Federal nomination. (This isn't really political so it should be ok here). He greets me by name since he has a list of all the eligible voters in area and introduces himself. He wants to be a politician but in the meantime he's a lawyer. I told him he just got 2 strikes against him. I'm so fed up with the way pollytiks is heading right here I only gave him 1 barrell and said good night. I can't believe he wanted to sell me a pollytikle membership to his party just to vote for him. IMO these clowns should be paying me fpr wasting my time on them. BTW, there's no good outcome to this situation....total snaafu and fubar visits by wanna bees.

Pat - wish you were here more often with more better things to share. Here I thought the PNW was a nice place. Now I find out ya gotta be willing to be a roof monkey to clean gutters...

Jim - Now DAT is funny, son. You an I kud be twins....

Sandy - You been on Beta for 4 years now?? Do you have any other symptoms from that? The script says it could cause dizziness, coldness you described, sudden and rapid weight gain (yikes - sort of like retaining water??), dry hacking cough and uh .. guy problems with big Jim if you know what I mean. This is all experimental with me for now because my BP has been consistently around 160/110 and HR around 115 for quite some time now. I can hardly wait (not) to find out all the effects this is going to cause, IF it works....

Clint - how many of those chicks did she get? Probably have to put a heat lamp over them to keep em warm? All of a sudden you've clarified the reason you need to be up with the chickens.... BTW, if that was the first time you saw Brit? I'd say it would have been love at first sight - even though she wasn't a CO car. I keep my 72 the heck away from anything but dry conditions. And I don't let chickens near it either...

whitey is on a roll it seems.....

Paul decides bowling is too easy and decides to take up golf. He goes to the local course and asked the pro to show him how to play. The pro tells Paul to put the ball on the tee and hit it as near to that flag as he can. Paul does that and Holy Samolians! One solid whack later, it lands about 2 inches from the hole.
As they walk up to the green the Pro says "Now all you have to do is tap the ball into the hole".
Paul turns and looks at the pro, then asks " Why didn't you say that when we were on the tee"?

Q: What is the difference between a bad golfer and a bad sky diver?
A: A bad golfer goes whack..... "CRAP"!! A bad sky diver goes, "CRAP" ......whack!
Old April 24th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Just an Olds Guy

What a guy!!!

Me on the other hand??

Old April 24th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Always room for one more

I think my arms are broken

Well I didn't leave the Awful house until almost 11, because I was standing there talking and when I did leave, the guy that wants the pontoon came with me and we looked at the boat for about ten minutes and talked until 1. I didn't make it to the junkyard, or to Fiat to check on my car. I did start rearranging the driveway so I could get the pontoon out of its corner. So why are my arms broken? Because it was going where the Deuce was, and there was precious little space to get the Deuce out of its corner. I'd heave that wheel all the way to the left, roll forward until I hit the carport, then heave the wheel all the way to the right and back up about two feet, and I did that about 6 times. No power steering and about 7000 pounds on the front wheels. After I got that guy moved the boat went back to the other corner and everything else that I had moved out on the street fit in like a puzzle.

I feel like a big rubber band. If I go to bed early tonight, and chances are supreme that I will, I'll get up early in the morning and then sleep in the afternoon before work. Otherwise I'll stay up late and sleep till afternoon.

Pat, glad you came out of the wreck okay. Did the driver of the pickup say why he smacked into the back of you?

Jamesbo the pontoon motor is an 85 horse Mercury. Never heard it run. The old man who had it before got it stuck in gear and couldn't get it to run, and it just sat there at his wall. When he died his wife tried to sell it to everyone but me. She didn't like me. But when no one wanted it, she told my neighbor, okay tell Mike I'll sell him the boat. It seemed like somewhat of a victory.

Well I think I'll hit the shower and relax and probably fall asleep watching TV. I was going to go out tonight for a bite and see what sort of trouble I could stir up, but I'm starting to stiffen up and I don't want to go anywhere.

One more for most of us, and I'm just starting tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good evening and has big plans for the weekend.
Old April 24th, 2014, 09:55 PM

Pat, good to see you made it through the accident o.k. Allan, you're on a roll!
Old April 25th, 2014, 04:26 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day,

GTG headed to de mountains. Enjoyde weekend Olds friends
Old April 25th, 2014, 04:30 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Pat, Sorry about the truck. Glad it served you well in its final moments.

Mike, makes you wonder how we ever won a war with our guys driving those things and then having to fight with jello arms.

Allan, She has 8 chicks. I think a few are for my mother when she gets her coop ready. Besides the pic's in the ad (the ones in my album in my sig) that was all I saw of Brit before he pulled her out of his barn. We had just showed up in a black Lincoln with a driver out on this dirt road in the middle of nowhere really. The dealer really did a good job of representing the true condition of the car. I would have no problem recommending his business.

Sandy, Hope you have a good day.

Have a Friday all.