The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Sunny and 30! Its like a heat wave lol. Supposed to get close to 50 today. Some wintry mix tomorrow and in the 40's. Beats the hell out of the teens......

Clint.... I feel your pain. Soooooo tired of snow and winter.

I noticed all sorts of deer tracks in the yard this morning, all going to my various flower beds. Bastards!! They're just waiting for the crocus to start coming up.... we weren't bothered by them last year for some strange reason and it sure was nice! They better dissapate this year too. I hate the dammed things.....

Another quiet day in here. I'm getting a lot of reading done this week lol. Its been so nice to be able to work out and walk and get some exercise... I don't want Tuesday to come.

Larry fried pork chops last night and I couldn't eat them. Tasted horrible. My ham and cheese sub from Subway didn't taste good at lunch yesterday either. I think that's the worst part of this stupid chemo. If stuff would taste good, a person wouldn't feel so run down and nauseous and stuff. Your body would be stronger. Just my opinion.

I ordered my next round of shots last night. Hopefully they'll be here by Wednesday.

Well you all have a good Friday!
Old March 7th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Captain Starfire

KWIK TGIF Check-In

Howdy, boys and girl... Was off galavanting on S. Shore dis mawnin', but it beat goin' to work. No complaints.

'Twas 50 even at the Plantation, but it ain't gettin' much warmer during the day.

Have fun in da' mountains, Jamesbo. I'm a bit envious... we haven't been since first of the year; need to start planning a date. Havin' Hiawassee withdrawal symptoms.

Mike, hope you have a safe trip. You know how those airlines are -- nickel & dime you to death ;-)

Sandy, shame you gotta' start thinkin' 'bout dem shots already. But as I said, the whole battery will be through before you know it and you'll be in Teepo dragging home yet another boring trophy fer yer trophy room.... So glad to hear you don't have the miserable gene -- and glad for Nicole, as well. Hope you have a happy Larry's birthday! Seriously, wish him a good one for me, and the gang, I'm sure.

Clint, sorry about the IT infrastructure issues. Must be the temperatures, right? As I told the guy I bought the GS from, "Sending warm thoughts your way." And you too, Sandy and Darrell. I'm sick of it and we didn't even have any snow to speak of this year. My consolation is that I'm not having to deal with 95 degrees and high humidity at the moment...

Whelp, y'all have a great beginning to the weekend, Oldsmochums.
Old March 7th, 2014, 02:19 PM
My sweet ride since 1970!

Contrary to popular opinion...Nebraska did NOT fall off the face of the earth! Sorry for the lack of presence from here. Things got a bit tense with the, not soon enough for me, almost ex-wife. My blood pressure soared to new heights that's for sure.

Weather here is typical Nebraska...if you don't like what we have, simply wait about 10 minutes. Actually sort of felt spring-like when I left for a morning meeting at 5:15 a.m. But by 8:15 when I came out, typical gloomy day again. May get into the high 40's this weekend, so Wendy will at least get out of the garage and catch some fresh air on the driveway. There is so much gravel and salt all over the roads, I will not be letting her tires onto the streets but we are making baby steps towards spring.

Sandy, glad you have had a few good days. I keep you on the top of the prayer list and hope things will "smooth out" soon.

With the experiences of the past week, am looking even more strongly at relocating to either the Lanham MD area or the Binghamton/Johnson City/Endicott NY area. If any of you wonderful folks either live in or know people near any or those garden spots PLEASE let me know. Something about EMPLOYMENT will make me feel a lot more comfortable about the move. I have chosen those areas because I do have a friend living in Lanham and also in Johnson City. However jobs will not be forthcoming instantly in either location.

Don't know if any of you saw that one of our members sold his 1969 Cutlass S convertible on eBay this week. Accepted 17K for it and it was in amazing condition. Seemed a bit low to me considering everything that had been done.

Well enough rattling from here. Hope all are well.

Scott with 2"T's"
Old March 7th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Friday everyone.

Not rushed today like I was yesterday. In fact got home a little early, got up a little early, and have been moving at my own pace getting ready for work. It's nice.

I was right. The foreman came to the meeting yesterday and I had to get up and he said a bunch of dumb things and everyone hooted and hollered. Sure I do the same thing. I just don't like the foreman. I will say this is the first time my service has been publicly acknowledged. Usually my pin is just thrown at me as I happen to pass by the office. I now have five of these things. Quite the collection.

Scott that's a big move. I know nothing of either of these areas, but good luck to you. My first thought would be, how much does it snow in these areas.

John I'm outa here on Tuesday. Getting ready slow but sure. If I were to have a get rich quick scheme it would be open an Awful house in Australia. Those people would love it, and I even have my own market research. When my friends were here visiting they said, this place would be awesome back home. So there you have it.

Sandy tell Larry happy birthday for me. Hope you have a bash.

Okay everyone time to hit the road. Have a great night and hope everyone has a fun weekend planned.
Old March 7th, 2014, 07:01 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Happy Friday. Got done working on one of my projects earlier when I finished rebuilding my 1977 Lawn Boy mower. Not that I can put it on the lawn to try it out now with all the snow around here.

I brought it into my den to warm it up before I tried to start it outside. My wife walks into the room and asks me why it's in the house. I told her I needed to warm it up before starting it. She then says to me your not planning on starting that in the house are you? I said sure why not? Nothing like gas/oil exhaust to really wake you up right?

Well, that's all the updates and funny stories I have here, enjoy the weekend Oldsmofriends.
Old March 7th, 2014, 09:35 PM

First sign of spring!

This is Beach St., normally closed for the winter, due to heavy drifting of sand and snow on Lake Michigan. They are opening 'er up for the warmer? weather ahead. That is Lake Michigan in the background, the water's edge (in the summer) is about 75-100 ft from the front end loader.

Last edited by 1969w3155; March 7th, 2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old March 8th, 2014, 05:02 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp, it's beautimus in de mountains, De hill down to de lake is loaded wit Jonquils dat are bloom'in

De cats ain't ere so life is good.

Mike, I wish people had given me awards when I was younger. Now all I do is toss dem in a box. Back when I first got in de real-estate bus, my office walls were plum empty of displays of any achievement. Guess dat's de way life is

Me and Red dog is go'in fer a walk

Enjoy de weekend Olds friends
Old March 8th, 2014, 02:46 PM

Happy Saturday Olds family:-)

Well you can tell everyone here is sick and tired of winter....the temp. is 35 and people are walking around without jackets, and windows and sunroofs are letting the air blow thru...and I admit..I am right there with 'em!

As advertised, Wendy got out of her garage today and was able to enjoy some sunshine. Idled on the driveway for about 15 minutes and did a very slow "stroll" around the cul-de-sac. I'd have loved to get her out on the road more, but as I said the gravel and salt is terrible.

Mike: Thanks for the thought about the snow. Actually the Binghamton area gets FAR less snow then Syracuse (150" average/year) even though it is only about 1 hour south. They do have another record that is not much better...more cloudy days then Seattle! Of course we all kinda know the weather in the Metro DC area which is what Landam is considered.

I just though of something: Are any of you planning on attending the Annual Shareholders Meeting for Berkshire Hathaway Company? If you are a stockholder, you already know it is held right here in Omaha, and I can tell you it is a GREAT event. If you are planning on attending, please let me know, as I would love to meet you and maybe even buy the 1st round of "Coca Cola".

Showed houses today to a young couple. Even after being in the industry for over 30 years it still amazes me how people will leave their homes knowing that people are coming to look at it. YUCK!

Keep the tires rollin'!

Scott (remember ....2 "t's")
Old March 8th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

What a beautiful day here in the Greater Stockbridge Area. Sunny and 70. Gotta love it.

Got out of work late this morning. Slept till around 2. Gonna go out later and get a few things for my trip, maybe stop at the Awful house for a burger.

Dan that's a crazy looking picture. I may have told this story on here before(I have a feeling I repeat myself quite a bit) some time in the 90s in winter my Mom was watching TV and I was in the other room, and she said, isn't this one of those cars you like? I went to the TV and the TV news copter had seen an Amphicar that had swam out a couple miles into Lake Michigan from NW Indiana, and as it got colder the lake froze around the car, and they were stuck. Now I guess if they could have gotten the car up onto the ice they could have drove home, who knows.

John my pension will never get any better. When I retire my payments will be based like I actually retired with 11.75 years. That's ridiculous. If I was smart I would have left the company at that time and done something different, so I could still build a good retirement with insurance. I was still getting paid better than if I would have started over someplace else, so I stayed. I should have looked more at the big picture. I wish I had the talent to start my own business. Like Darrell.

Clint hope you got your puter sorted out. Maybe it's just tired of winter.

Okay gonna go enjoy what's left of the day. Don't forget to set your clocks tonight. Remember light every night at 9pm.

Last edited by slantflat; March 8th, 2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old March 8th, 2014, 05:31 PM
CQR

Just a real quick howdy all.

Got the interwebz fixed here at the house. We spent the day traveling and picking apart a 442 that a guy wanted me to go look at. I didn't really care for the car much until looking it over. It was fun to drive and overall a pretty nice car. Here are the pics we took. Most of the pics are problems we saw. It needs a little work to be a driver, but overall a very solid dry car.
http://s154.photobucket.com/user/mor...9%20442%20vert

Have a day all.
Old March 8th, 2014, 05:45 PM

Mike, are you able to contribute to a 401k through work? If not, a Roth IRA might not be a bad idea, you're younger than me, so it's definitely not too late to have another plan. Clint, that's not a half bad looking '69.
Old March 8th, 2014, 08:11 PM
GM Enthusiast

Well, I can't believe it but we had the warmest day of the year so far. Made it up to 54 today, but even with those temps, the yard is still mostly covered in snow. But before anyone gets jealous, there's a cold front coming in here tonight with a chance of snow showers by the morning. Oh well.

Was able to do some garage work on the Cutlass...gave it a good cleaning and waxed the rear bumper to get the winter corrosion off of it. Also, finished my "442" tailpipes and trumpet exhaust. Came out really nice, will have to post a pic.

Dan - that is an unbelievable picture. Yea, don't think anyone will be out there swimming anytime soon.

Clint - I agree, the car looks pretty clean. A car purchase in the cards for you soon?

Mike - sorry to hear about the pension shortage. I understand what you're saying, had a company I worked for in the past do the same thing. Hope its still there for both of us by the time we retire.

Have a good night everyone and don't forget to move your clocks ahead an hour tonight.
Old March 9th, 2014, 04:58 AM

Mawn'in all

Guess what? It's sunny in de sunny south

A beautiful day is ahead

Gotta scrap and get ready to paint a few places. Jes in time fer de pollen to come.

"Like sands thru de hour glass............"
Old March 9th, 2014, 05:41 AM

Morning, a brisk 16° up here, it appears that the sun is a little cooler up this a ways!
Old March 9th, 2014, 06:11 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning all.

Been to the Awful house and Walmart already.

Decided to go to bed around 11 last night so I set the clocks(and then it was midnight) and my boy wakes me up all frantic around 4. He goes out and eats grass and makes all these hacking noises, so we come back in and I can't get back to sleep. So after an hour of laying wide awake in the dark I said this is silly so I just got up.

Gonna be a bee-utiful day here. After I do a little house cleaning I'm gonna go work in the yard. Wish I could have a burn pile today.

Clint that's a nice looking 69. I love all the greens from the 60s.

Dan I'm not very bright when it comes to retirement savings and all that. Up till recently I wasn't really able to save a lot, but now I need to learn and get with it quick. I think Mega Millions is 250M this week, now that would be a good nest egg.

Scott you need to find a place to live where you can drive that nice looking car more than two months out of the year.

Okay! Got a couple extra hours in my day I'm gonna take advantage of them. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Old March 9th, 2014, 07:23 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike those greens are love em or hate em. I can't really get on board with it. I'm not much of a vert guy either. I don't like the loosey-goosey wobble feeling of them. Something a bit unsettling when the windshield frame kind of moves and shakes when you hit some less than perfect asphalt.

Darrell, not for me. I gent in St. Louis wanted me to go look at it for him. Its nice but not upper $20's nice. The guy came down from his $40K asking price. Its a non- documented car thats supposed to be 20K original miles. I'm not so sure. That could be a lightly used 120K car with newer paint job and top.

I think the guy will be disappointed if he buys it. He really wants a 455 car with A/C.
But it's his money.

Have a great day all.
Old March 9th, 2014, 11:08 AM

Howdy...and did we remember to change our clocks or were we late for church and embarrassed :-/ ? Had it not been for a friend of mine who I was chatting with last night...I would have been in the "red faced" crowd.

Mike, 2 months...I am NOT a convertible pansy LOL if it's above about 35 and clear, I have been known to throw on a leather jacket and take Wendy out for a cruise...that;'s why she has such a good heater after all!

Present temp in Omaha is ...ar you ready...60 degrees!!! Thus I will be keeping this VERY brief as the Accord needs a bath something terrible!

BTW I bit the bullet and after 18 years with Sprint, I have begun the process of switching to Republic Wireless. Even though I DONT LIKE their phone replacement policy, I cannot beat the $25.00/month unlimited cell/text/and net service. (With tax just under $33).

More later I hope! Keep the rockets rollin'!

Scott (with 2 "T's)
Old March 9th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Always room for one more

OMG such a beautiful day. I've been raking out in the back yard, and along the wall so I can see all the places the dirt is eroding into the lake. Raked up a snake and scared the bejeesus out of me. I don't know snakes, he was some sort of black snake. He wiggled a bit and went right over the wall and into the water. I didn't see him swim away so I hope he knows scuba.

Scott I drove a convertible off and on when I lived up north, but I would limit my top down driving to 40*. My Corvair convertible manual said 40 because of the plastic back window. I've adopted that rule to any convertible. I've had the top down below 40 and the vinyl creaks and cracks it can't be good for it. You're right, top down heat on, you can't beat it. And people look at you strange it's a hoot.

The dogs wanted a treat so we came in for a few minutes. I think later I'll work on that stupid Corvette. I got some metric line wrenches so maybe I can get that emission line off the manifold and get to the fuel pump from the top. If not I'm going to go looking for my baseball bat. I'm so sick of that car.

Clint I had an 03 Mustang GT convertible that had such bad cowl shake I thought the car was coming apart. I read it was worse until the factory put in some dampener behind the firewall. It should have been bigger, talk about flex!

Okay break is over.
Old March 9th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Just an Olds Guy

crap! had a nice post and the site 'did it' to me. Mebbe I'll try again later. Stupid cookies
Old March 9th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

We had sun today and temps in the high 30's. Had snow and cold yesterday. I'm lovin the time change!!

I went up to Lin's earlier and took her shopping. It was nice to see her and we had fun! Got home about 7.

Larry made some steak, chicken tenders and burgers on the grill tonight. I was afraid to try the steak. The tenders didn't taste good. I tried dipping them in bbq sauce and that was a mistake!!! Yuck. No bbq sauce for me for awhile. The burger was good. I made some instant mashed taters and they were good. My sweet tater tasted ok. I'm about tired of this horrible taste.

Yesterday we had sloppy joes and chips for Larry's birthday dinner, lol. Quick and easy. I ate a couple sloppy joes. They tasted good!! Had ice cream cake and it was good too. Jr. and Elyse came over and joined us. Larry enjoyed his day and no stress on me for a change! He didn't get mad about anything for a change, lol.

I got the house cleaned and laundry done yesterday. Nice to feel like doing things, but that will change after Tuesday. I don't want Tuesday. Actually I don't want next Friday.... that's when I'll feel bad and go downhill from there. I just hope I can drink water this time. Please God! It's soooo friggin miserable. I'm depressed already.

Jamesbo.... thanks for the package. Got it Friday. Must be nice to have weather warm enough for flowers to be blooming!

Well I better concentrate on TWD then gather my stuff for work. Have a good evening all.
Old March 9th, 2014, 07:13 PM

Good evening everyone.

I'm really looking forward to things slowing down at some point.

The weather has been nice here lately, above freezing for a couple of days. But we are getting snow overnight and the temps are dropping.

Clint, we were told before the movie started that no CGI was involved with the cars. Everything you see, happened.

Sandy, you are in my thoughts. I don't really know what else to say.

Allan, good luck with your next posting attempt.

Mike, you had a Mustang? What cars have you not owned?

Have a great week everyone.
Old March 9th, 2014, 07:29 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone, just got done watching TWD. Great show for those who haven't watched it.

Well after 56 and Sunny yesterday, it was 34 with snow/rain in the am today. More white stuff on the way by the middle of the week. Really?:rolleyes

Mike - I love those pace cars, it was the first Vette I ever drove. My mom bought it new and held onto it for many years. She sold it when I was 17, I was heartbroken but I did not have the money to buy it or pay for the insurance. Still see them at Carlisle, someday maybe I'll grab one.

Clint - yeah, I agree. That is a lot of money for a non-documented car. Well at least you had the fun of going to look at a nice Olds.

Scot - how's the job hunt going? Hope you're having some luck with your search.

Well, getting tired after missing an hour of sleep last night, have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old March 10th, 2014, 04:16 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell/Sandy looks like they are starting to get back into the 'cliffhanger' mode again. What happened to Beth?

Paul thats good to know.

Allan, Sorry about the post disappearance.

Mike, We had a great day too yesterday. Mid 60's. I was able to get Brit out and ran her around the block. We still have some melting snow, and some of the streets have some wet spots, so it was only a short ride. Man it was nice to be back in her again. Spose to be in the 70's today, and then snow tomorrow with a high in the upper 30's.

Scottwithtwot's, That is a heck of a deal. Does it include free roaming and long distance? Do you know who's network they run on?

Have a Monday all.
Old March 10th, 2014, 04:41 AM

Mawn'in all

Had to wait around fer a spell so Clint could get de wrom.

It's de nicest day of de year so fer. Got my short sleave golf shirt on under my jacket. Spose to hit 72 today

Sandy, Enjoy de Gawga Ice Cream.

Funny all dis talk 'bout dro tops. To tell ya de truth. I like my 69 442 drop top alot better than the 69 H/O [I guess I'm going to hell fer say'in such a thing but it's true.

I went [actually I was drug by de Super model] phone shopping yesterday. Mine came over on de ark. But I left w/o buying one. If all I want to do is make/receive phone calls, why in de wide wide world of sports do I want a "Smart Phone" BTW Eric pointed out in anutter thread 1] Smart phones aren't smart and 2] Reality TV isn't real

Welp,Whitey await's smack'in so Have a great day Olds friends.
Old March 10th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy doody everyone Happy Monday.

Gonna be a good day here I'm thinking. And it's car washing day so that will be fun. Also need to take the dogs to get their shots so they don't associate going to board with shots. That wouldn't be a good thing.

Paul I had a pickup that was giving me trouble, so the obvious replacement was a Mustang convertible. I'm not a Ford guy, but the Camaro was out of production so a Mustang it was. I liked the car, found it to be well built and comfortable. It got horrible gas mileage. I never beat on the car, it had a 5 speed, and the best it ever got on the highway was 24. I thought that was unacceptable for a modern small V8. Oh well.

Jamesbo where'd you get a picture of my phone?

Didn't get very far with the Corvette. Evidently this metal line attached the exhaust manifold has been a point of contention before because the nuts are all rounded off. I'm just going to take it somewhere and have the fuel pump done and get it running right. I know it will cost me a fortune but I can't find my ball bat and I'm done messing with it. After that I got the back end of the 57 up on ramps. I need to replace the fuel line from the tank to the pump. That car needs a fuel pump as well. I haven't decided if I'm just going to get a big long piece of line and slap it up there, or drive up to Year One and get a pre-molded piece. Or I could make one up out of several small pieces and compression fittings like the brake lines.

Sandy glad Larry had a good birthday. Do you guys watch TWD on AMC or are those reruns already?

Okay time for the Awful house and some errands. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old March 10th, 2014, 09:40 AM

Hi Olds family ;-)

Sandy you are top of my thoughts as this week progresses. I know the misery, but dear sweet wonderful gal...hang in there I am sure I am not alone when I say I am praying for you constantly! When you feel up to it, I will send you some Omaha Steaks...maybe that will help as a motivator?

Mike I know you are right about the "above 40 degrees" suggestion. When I put top #4 on I will begin to behave...lol

Clint...lol I "hate" getting in the middle of important data...so www.republicwireless.com is the place to go for the facts. Like I said, the guy who is kind enough to let me live at his place while I get the divorce things settled has been with Republic almost 2 yrs with virtually no issues and my 3 friends in southern NY are just about a year now..same reports. Infact I called one of them this morning for the 1st time on the new phone/service and we both commented instantly how much clearer the connection was! Sorry to say, Republic is revamping their referral program at this moment so neither you or I make/save anything if I were to refer you or anyone else. But that's o.k.!

57 cloudy degrees in 'the big O" @ the moment.

Im surprised I havent heard from any of you about he Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting. You only have to own 1 share, and that is what I bought when they were trading about $38/share. Still not unaffordable for us "average" folk. The event is truly an experience. BTW the meeting is the 1st weekend in May. There will be more private jets on the tarmac at the Omaha airport that weekend then anywhere else in the continental US, I understand (not everyone owns the "baby B stock obviously...lol"

Well off to talk to some folk about selling their house...be well all.

Scott (unfit to a "T")
Old March 10th, 2014, 11:40 AM

I got a BH golf shirt sum one gave me. Dat's as close to owning a share as I can get
Old March 11th, 2014, 05:41 AM

Mawn'in all

WTF is Clint?

Anutter beautiful day. Played pretty good on de front side 43 but de goat showed up to play on de back.

Sandy, Good luck wit Chemo day. Remember what Adrain said 'bout grits? "They're a wonderful conduit for butter"

Got deck paint'in and garden plow'in to do today. But I'm not sure it's gonna get done. Woke up dis mawn'in and everything was stiff [cept what I wanted to be }

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 11th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Always room for one more

Wow 840 on Tuesday and I get the worm? I bet Jamesbo swoops in and grabs it before I hit send.

Well today is the day. I'm all checked in for Sydney and I leave at 530 this afternoon. Short trip as usual, I'll be back Monday. I kinda miss going for a couple weeks, but I can't leave the dogs for that long. Plus all the people I know that used to be friends hate each other now so I couldn't deal with the drama.
Doubt I can check in while I'm gone, the internet at the hotel is hit or miss, most times miss, but if I can I will. Sandy good luck with this week's treatment. Everyone have a good week and I'll see you all later.

See that's exactly what he did!
Old March 11th, 2014, 06:04 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Lookin for 1-3" today

Oh, well.

Have a day all.
Old March 11th, 2014, 06:10 AM

Good Tuesday morning from the heartland!

Mike safe travels...how long IS that flight for you? A good friend from Perth is coming to the US around Thanksgiving and the travel time is "deadly" as I recall. Your comment about your friends made me laugh...alot :-)

I am captive this morning for about 3 hours while I get my bi-monthly chemo infusion. Not for cancer but infact for Crohn's Disease (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crohn%27s_Disease) .

Sandy dear lady I am thinking we need to talk about the steaks you want...that time will be here before you know it...I am positive of that...

No news for now

Scott
Old March 11th, 2014, 06:12 AM

Clint...hey nice guy...you can keep our share of that snow you mentioned....we have chosen not to participate...LOL

Scott with 2 "T"s
Old March 11th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Cloudy and in the 40's now. Rain and 60 later then the cold front comes in bringing snow and teens.

Leaving here at noon today for chemo. Should be ok until Thursday afternoon then all downhill. Just hope I can drink this time but not holding my breath. It just gets worse after each treatment.

I ate some yogurt and cereal this morning. Hopefully I can eat something light for lunch before I go. Will be the last I can eat for several days....

Im having a hard time getting on the site on my kindle. It just throws me out. The site looks totally different here on my phone too for some reason.... I dont know what's going on. Guess I have to be on my laptop for things to be normal on the site nowadays.

Went home last night and took a nice 45 minute walk. It was so nice out! And daylight until after 7. I love it!!

Mike... have fun on your trip.

Jamesbo... your weather must be really nice if you can be working outside already. Wish ours was.

Well have a great day all.
Old March 11th, 2014, 07:05 AM

Garden plowed wait'in fer cabages and brocolli
Old March 11th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Cutlass Lover

That's purdy Jamesbo! I'm jealous. I'd like go have maters before late August this year.....
Old March 11th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Captain Starfire

quick "hola" to all... raining on & off all day today; good day to plunge myself into the garage and do all the things I've been procrastinating eons on. Sandy, good luck at the place today. Mike, have a safe trip! Remind me to tell you about this Netflix series I know you'd enjoy when you get back.
Y'all have a great Tuesday; I'm going to enjoy my last day of my weekly vacation today....
Old March 11th, 2014, 08:01 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Actually was a great weather day here today, 65 and sunny. Crap was melting everywhere, some of the roads were flooded. Short lived though, going down to 18 tomorrow night with you guessed it....more snow. Winter just doesn't want to let go.

Jamesbo - so that's what the ground looks like. Almost forgot. LOL

Mike - they make those special wrenches for rounded nuts, I think Summit Racing sells them.

Have a good night everyone.
Old March 12th, 2014, 03:53 AM
Captain Starfire

Trying to snipe the worm; let's see how early Jamesbo & CQR are up dis mawnin'.... (got dem letters rite dis time, Clint ). I actually beat you getting up today... couldn't sleep, so hopped in shower at 3:26 and was out da' doe @ 4:22.

"Here Today, Gone Today" department: There was a multi-fatality accident on I-55 South (my route to work) yesterday morning. It also happened at a time I could have easily been on it (~4:30 a.m.). A guy (reports say he was plastered) got on the southbound side headed north and barreled on for a good ways before he hit a poor victim (going in the proper direction) head-on; they both perished. The victim had 4 kids, one being 5 y.o. What a sad story. The only good thing for me was that I didn't have to go to S. Shore yesterday at all.

'Twas a frigid 61* this morning at The Plantation; but spose to get back down to mid-30s tonite after a front arrives tonight.
They're actually scheduled to pick up the GS from MN this morning; I'll believe it when I hear it; the guy was frantically chipping the 9" of ice from his driveway last night. I have no idea how close the 95' trailer is gonna' be able to get from the garage. I hope if he gets it on in one piece, it's front loaded and he won't have to move it 20 times before I get it. But it is what it is. I guess I'll see it (hopefully in one piece) in a couple weeks. (They say 2-4 weeks.)

Whelpt, had my Belgian waffle, Phylly, syrup, and pumpkin seeds so far. A banana should put me over the top until at least around 10 anyway ;-)

Hope all went OK yesterday, Sandy. I hope you have at least one more day before the misery starts again in earnest.

Nice handiwork, Jamesbo. And don't let nobody talk you into gettin' no 'smart' phone iffin' you don't want one. I'm holdin' strong myself. My little keypad phone can get on the Web if I get desperate, and I only pay $33/mo (all inclusive) for 1000 minutes, practically unmlimited texts, + 5 megs of data. That's all I need.

Hopin' Mike had a safe trip.

Have a fab Humpity Hump, Oldsmochums.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 12th, 2014 at 05:02 AM.
Old March 12th, 2014, 04:41 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Talked with the guy who wanted me to go look at the 69. I think I finally got thru to him that he is looking at about 10G's too much for the car. I sent him some pics of a 70 vert clone for sale locally. we'll see.

John. Up at 3:45 MDT as usual but not on the puter very early.

Jamesbo that woulda been a sloppy mess here yesterday. snowed sideways most of the day. Wet heavy springtime crap.

Sandy. Hope your tastebuds take some time off. No taste would be better than bad taste.

Scottwithtwot's, No can do. Headin your way. Sorry.

Mike. have a good trip.

Have a humpday all.
Old March 12th, 2014, 05:17 AM

Mawn'in all

Well Elsie cometh so Clint, It is a sloppy mess now

John dat cold front headed ere right after de rain quits. In like a lion out like a lamb.

Sandy how ya feel'in today?

Well since Mike's outa town, I think I'll take his job today ........................run errands and go to de 'Awful House.

Have a great day Olds friends.