The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 13th, 2013, 12:09 PM

Sandy, Poke salad ain't pork, It's made from de leaves of a poke weed as is poke berries

Mike, I think ya need to put de Amphi on the front burner.Clint needs it. I'd be happy to drive it out there fer ya

"The result will be the same." Ya mean ya gonna shoot down Stukas?
Old September 13th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Captain Starfire

Great being a geezer (Right Jamesbo?)

Sandy, you're surely not too young (how's that for diplomatic phrasing?) to remember Tony Joe White's song, Polk Salad Annie, are you?

When I was a yung-'un, Pops (my Grandfather) used to parade us around the yard in search of edible thistle... it was pretty good! Reminded me of celery.....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; September 13th, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old September 13th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Great song John! I remember that like it was yesterday...I was 12 when it came out. I loved hauling around my 'transistor radio' and hearing that tune! Still a catchy tune. Love the riffs. It could still pass for modern moosik.

This was also one of my other Tony Joe White favs: How ironic, as I understand Ga peeps can probably relate to the rain theme....
Old September 13th, 2013, 07:57 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Hope you all had a happy friday the 13th. A little cooler today back into the 70's. Supposed to be a nice weekend.

Sandy - yes it's horrible what has happened in Seaside Heights. We were there last year before superstorm Sandy. A fun place no doubt for older kids, not for little ones. Hope there able to fix it up again just as quickly.

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
So Darrell, it sounds as if NADA Blue Book was full of a big, smokin' crock? That's a shame. I guess if you really need to get rid of it, it sounds like you got a "live one," especially if he comes up w/ the add'l $500. Godspeed on the transaction, good buddy. What a nice car for that amount. I honestly think I could get that for my 194k-mi. Camry. What an injustice --> The market's a strange bird.
John - no joke. I think its crazy too. But yes, he did come up with an additional $500 so it looks like I'm going in that direction. He's the only one who really showed interest in the car. If someone offers me more this weekend, then I would go with them. We'll see.

Have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old September 13th, 2013, 07:57 PM

Good evening everyone.

It was COLD today. Of all days this week, the coldest one had to be the day of the company BBQ. Yesterday I had the A/C on in the car, today the heat!

Clint, stay safe and hopefully you stay dry.

Sandy, sounds like you are having the same weather down there.

Just a quick visit tonite, will catch up more tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old September 13th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Cutlass Lover

Clint! Look at you and your beautiful car on TV, lol! Larry and I are watching the show now. What a cool shop you have there. Got some old signs on the walls and such. . You seem like such a nice guy. I want to meet you now, lol. One day I will.... that was a nice Buick too. The guy got a helluva deal, I think. I wish I would have thought to tell my friend Bob at the body shop to watch the show. He has the older 442's and would have loved to see your car. Wish I could put this recording on a DVD, but I can't off of this DVR box. This is a neat show. Very nice Mustang you sent the guy to see, too. I loved the color.

Well I'm gonna take my tired self to bed now. Got a show tomorrow. It was very nice to meet you Clint.
Old September 14th, 2013, 04:25 AM

Mawn'in

Nice but cooler up ere in de mountains

Clint, Sorry I missed de show. I don't get dat channel. But I've been think'in 'bout cha'll while watch'in de news. How's everything go'in?

Darrell, Dat's fire sure was sum'in. So sorry ya'll got hit again.

I'm all alone dis weekend [cept Red dog] Life is good w/o howl'in beagles in de mountains

Enjoy your weekend Olds friends and stay safe
Old September 14th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everybody.

Cool morning, temp was 61 on the back porch. Nice and sunny, though, gonna be another beautiful day.

Scot hope the day is a success.

Clint I heard the water is starting to go down. Hope so. Wish I could have seen the show last night.

Finally found a bag I can carry on the airplane. I had one for about 25 years and it finally came apart at the seams, and it was a bear trying to find another just like it. This one I found is close, it will get its debut next week going to Reno.

Okay I'm late to get going, have a good day everyone.
Old September 14th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Captain Starfire

Quick "Howdo Doody" to all.

Clint, hope you're faring OK. Wish I'd have gotten to see the show... keep us posted on whether it's available via Web. Darrell, good luck. And sorry about that fire.... I watched that time-compressed video of the folks rebuilding the Boardwalk after Hurricane Sandy... what a shame for all that time and money to go up in smoke.

Have a nice, peaceful stay in the Mt's, Jamesbo.

Lookin' forward to getting 60-degree mornings here in the swamp, Mike. Enjoy!

Allan, I'd never heard the version of that song by T. J. White (who was born in Oak Grove, LA, BTW) .... I had no foggy notion Tony had written it! I had always heard the version by Brook Benton, whom I'm also a fan of...

Hopin' the weekend's as welcome to my Oldsmobuddies as it is to me....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; September 14th, 2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old September 14th, 2013, 01:59 PM
GM Enthusiast

Afternoon everyone. Hope your all enjoying the day. Only in the 60's here, what a big difference from the last few days. Glad the fire's out in Seaside Heights, with that wind right now it would be almost impossible to stop. Can't believe how many businesses went up in smoke.

The guy who wants to buy the Eldorado wants to send me money sight unseen and lock it down. 4,500 was less than I wanted but it seems like the best option since no one else is contacting me about it. Going back outside, I'm currently rebuilding a lawnmower engine. Always something.

Sandy - I'd say good luck with the show, but knowing how nice your car is, I'm more likely to wish you good luck in finding a place to put another trophy.

Talk to you all later.
Old September 14th, 2013, 05:44 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

It was a bit warmer today. The temperature was in the high teens (*C of course) with a nice blue sky.

The local Mustang club headed to a 1/4 mile drag strip today and I tagged along. I've never run a 1/4 mile before and never raced a stick either, so I was a little nervous to start. My runs improved as I got a feel for what the Mustang... and I could do. I had a great time, and for a V6, the Mustang runs well. I got a plaque from the club for 2nd most consistent. But that might have been after just a few practise runs.

Mike, travelling again?

Clint, I was checking the Velocity website, but no luck yet. I found a link on Google to a full episode, but when I clicked it, it was asking for a password

Sandy, have a good show today?
Old September 14th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Beautiful sunny day here today. Cool start this morning but it warmed up nicely to the 70's. I was wishing I had shorts on instead of capris by the afternoon.

We had us a winning day today! . Got a nice Top 10 trophy over at the Stow Glen show. I wasn't expecting it at all. The arrogant old guy with the beautiful blue Starfire was there and he won also.

The show was over at 3:00, so I decided to go on over to the show here in Twinsburg - it was from 2:00 - 5:00. I got there around 3:35. The parking lot was already full but they found me a space. I wasn't the only late arrival, lol.

I was really shocked when Teepo won at this show too! . 2nd place!! We got a very nice plaque. I sure wasn't expecting that, since it was participant voting. Everyone kept commenting on how pretty and clean she is. I'm so proud of her. People just love her color.

I got home after 6:00, so it's been a long day. But a good day. I did laundry this evening and stripped the light summer bedspread and sheets off the bed and put on the little heavier ones for the fall like cool nights. So now I have to wash the summer stuff and put it back in the closet.

Larry cut off the 3 pumpkins I ended up growing from that vine that took over my lily bed. He pulled the vine out. I bought 2 big pumpkins last night for fall decorating since they had them cheap. I have to start getting out all the fall decorations and Halloween stuff soon.

Clint... I sure hope you all are ok. They just showed some of the areas out there on the news, and there's cows standing on little patches of dry ground, and a horse in another shot. I feel bad for them. They just look pitiful standing there. They're saying more rain is expected. That sucks.

Well I gotta go get more clothes out of the dryer and get to bed. I'm going to a show in Kent tomorrow. You all have a good night.
Old September 14th, 2013, 08:32 PM
GM Enthusiast

Congrats Sandy! Can't say I'm surprised.
Old September 14th, 2013, 11:03 PM

Afternoon everybody, good to see everyone is still here.

How is everything out your way Clint? We hope everyone is safe and dry out your way.

Been busy here as usual. Tink is doing well, for some reason it still hasn't fully sunk in yet that I am gonna have another munchkin before long.

Well a day shift job was advertised at work and as I am more then over shift work I applied for it. Found out the other day that I actually got the job so no more shift work for me in a while. I still have to give a little training to a new guy who is replacing my position, just enough so he can be useful then the crew can train him the rest

I finished painting my bike so I have added a pic for you all to see. I just have to install the new fork seals and front brake rotors when they turn up.

Well back to work for me, take care ya'll

Adrian
Old September 15th, 2013, 03:45 AM

Mawn'in all

Boy it's hard to get de worm when Adrian's 'round.

Cool bike, Glad everyone is do'in OK. Don't stay such a stranger, we're libel to fret over ya

Sandy, When ya gonna make a "Hat Trick" at car shows?

Clint, I think ya got off light compared to Noah's 30 days. Now ya can do the first thing Noah did when the ark landed. Planta a vinyard and get drunk. I won't go into what he did after dat.

John, Brook Benton? You're show'in your age a might my friend.

Scot, How'd it go? Looks like ya had perfect weather.

GTG biscuits in de oven
Old September 15th, 2013, 07:49 AM
CQR

Morning all

Well a day of rest. Not supposed to start raining again until late tonight.

Well hopefully we don't get too much. They got the store open again yesterday. now we need to replace the furnace, the water heater and the insulation. They were all in the crawl space that had about 5 feet of water in it. we had to bust down a rock wall that was keeping the water on the property and disrupting flow. what a mess that is now that the water went down. there are rocks and concrete all over the place. It could have been a lot worse tho.

Have a great Sunday.
Old September 15th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Captain Starfire

Clint, sorry y'all aren't gonna come out unscathed. You're right, It can always be worse; but that's not much consolation when you gotta devote so much time & effort to setting things straight.

Hopefully the worst is over! Maybe you should spring for a trip for you and the missus to the Jazz Fest next April .

Jamesbo, Rainy Night in GA was prolly Brook's last big hit (1970). I was a pimple-faced freshman in H.S. back then. (I'd like to say "a little pimple-faced freshman," but don't know if "little" could ever have been used to describe me. )

Sweet looking bike, Adrian! Is it right-hand or left-hand drive? (Seriously, what kind is it?)

Double congrats, Sandy! Have y'all started construction on the Tropy House yet?

Looks to be a copy & paste day here in da' swamp. 10-20% chance of the wet stuff, but mostly muggy and hot.

Any Tampa Bay Buc's fans out there? If so, I'm gonna' have to tone down my rollickin' for da' Who Dat's at 3:15 this afternoon....

Have a great Sunday, Oldsmobuddies. I'm off tomorrow for dr's & dentist's app't's. (Fun, fun.)
Old September 15th, 2013, 01:25 PM

That is a bummer about the store Clint but like you said it could have been alot worse.

This is what the bike used to look like John, it is a 1993 zzr 600. Well same model, that was not my exact bike
Old September 15th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone. Beautiful day here, though it seems little overcast here and there. Still no signs of rain, which I'm glad of.

Howdy Adrian. Nice looking bike. Glad to hear things are going well. I may never see the day shift, at least in my department.

Clint that's too bad about the flood damage. You'll have to explain to me why a pop top can is pollution free. I've only seen the old pull tab tops, of course we didn't have Coors beer.

John I bought a Lincoln in Tampa several years ago, and it had a Tampa Bay front tag on it. Actually it's still there. The Lincoln crapped out one day and I put it in the garage and there it's sat for at least 7 years. I'm not a Tampa fan but I'll leave the tag on just because it's been there this long anyway. But there's no reason to tone down your rollickin' on my account.

Sandy hope you did okay in Kent today. Did you get my message?

Paul I'm headed to Reno for a couple days this week. I'm a member of the National Automobile Museum out there and go out now and then to volunteer. My car of choice in that collection is a 1977 Jeep Wagoneer. It's called the Jerrari. Look it up, it's cool.

Darrell when the guy sends you the money, which will be approximately 10,000 more than you've agreed upon, send him the rest back because he's on an oil rig somewhere in the south pacific. I'm only teasing, I hope he isn't trying to scam you.

Okay! Work tonight, first of two. Hope everyone had a good weekend and has a good start to their week. I have no idea what's in store for me tonight. I hate surprises. Eh, how bad can it be? Good night everyone.
Old September 15th, 2013, 02:25 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slantflat
Darrell when the guy sends you the money, which will be approximately 10,000 more than you've agreed upon, send him the rest back because he's on an oil rig somewhere in the south pacific. I'm only teasing, I hope he isn't trying to scam you.
Mike,

I doubt that it would be a scam, he's given me all of his information, and I already told him I would not send him the title until the money hit my bank account via wire transfer. IMHO, he's getting one heck of a deal as well.
Old September 15th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Well Jim? Got her mostly done today. Jerry can of gas just waiting. Have to find the gas cap so it doesn't all evaporate. Cranked her over to circulate the oil and it sounds just like it's supposed to. What was that date you had in mind for driving it again??? Oh, I guess I better find some licence plate plastic nuts and screws....

Here she is just waiting for tires to go back on soon as I finish bleeding the brakes. I'm calling the thread 'done'.

Old September 15th, 2013, 07:53 PM
GM Enthusiast

Looks very nice Allan! Nice detail work. I need to paint my rear to look like that too.
Old September 16th, 2013, 04:52 AM

Mawn'in all

Cut/paste weather day
Cut/ paste Monday go smack whitey day

Allan, I was gonna try to get a $5 per square pool go'in and split the dough wit cha when ya drove outa de garage on de day I had picked. BTW Pretty rear I ever seen.

Mike, I give up. I jes can't keep up wit all of your cars/truck etc.

John, I thought dat song was much older. In 70, I was proving a college kid could live off beer, saltines and raw oysters. [cause dis place near me had em fer a dollar a dozen]

Congart on dem Saints. De Dirty Birds like to thru anutter one away but somehow eeeked it out in de 4th qt.

Clint, I can't tell from de news, Are ya gett'in hit again? I had a crawl space under my old farm house fer years. I hated it. If ya like, I can show ya how to add a walk in basement under a screened in porch with a slanted metal roof under the floor. Alot of boat houses at de lake have a similiar design. Werks good when ya gets old and can't go crawl'in around it get to something in a crawl space.

Scot, How'd things go?

Sandy, Congrats [yawn] A-gain

GTG Whitey awaits smacking

Have a great week Olds friends
Old September 16th, 2013, 05:07 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Just got home. enough to get changed to go to the shop. The creek rose again yesterday evening. we aren't really in the flow, but more of the curlaround. So we built a diversionary dam to keep the flow going past the building it held all night and now the level is dropping again. we have to pump the crawlspace every hour. the sump pump is running non stop, then we have another submersible that we use to keep up. Its starting to reek real bad of sewage down there now. I don't think clean up is gonna be much fun. Well, maybe tonight we can get some sleep.

Have a great day all.
Old September 16th, 2013, 07:02 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawnin All

Great times and great memories were had Saturday. I run my personal best time of 13.70 @ 99.9 mph. The torque convertor paid off Had a pretty good turnout and the best one to date. The trophies were a hit and the festivities after were well nothing less than spectacular. Even managed to sample some corn squeezins, one called peach pie, apple pie and my favorite plain white lightnin'

Allan congrats on "finishing" up on your car brother My is she beautiful.

Clint hopefully the water will recede soon for you brother any word on the missing 500?

Never ate poke salad but it's everywhere around here. Don't eat the berries or stems or anything pink, red or purple on them, it is very poisonous.

I hope everyone has a great day

Now I need to unload the truck and trailer and get the coupe back to the shop. LOL.
Old September 16th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cool and crisp here today, temps in the 50's now. Chances of rain throughout the day and only getting up to the 60's. It was cloudy yesterday and we had rain last night. Supposed to hit the 80's by Wednesday, looking like rain again Thursday of course, so no Bellacino's again probably.

Clint.... I'm sorry to hear about everything. What a shame! I hope you all don't get any more rain and flooding, and I hope you guys can catch up on some much needed rest. You be careful and safe!!! Again, I really enjoyed the TV show. Your car is just beautiful!

Adrian! Nice to hear from ya! I've been wondering how things are going with you all. Glad Tink is doing ok.

Mike... I did get your message!! Thank you!!!!!

Didn't win anything at the nursing home show yesterday. They only gave one award and Norma got it for her Rustang. Not a whole lot of cars there. There was a big show going on down in Canfield that a lot of people went to. Criss and Pam, with the Buick, went down there. She said probably 500 cars...

I'm defrosting our little refridgerator here this morning. I brought in my big knife to chop the ice with, and am heating water in the micro and putting it in the fridge to help soften the ice. Usually I don't have to defrost it until like January, but for some reason it's really iced up already. Probably cause it stays so friggin hot in here! I'm glad no one is messing with the thermostat this morning while I have this big knife here.... Of course Brian has already been telling me how to defrost the fridge... it's like "I've been doing this since you were a kid.... shut up!" I think I know how..... **** control freak!

AllanR... the car is gorgeous! Great job. You can come do Teepo now, lol.

Well I better go check the ice. You all have a great Monday. Here's pics of our awards for those who aren't on Facebook..

Old September 16th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawvellous looking Monday everyone.

Up here it's still summer (beautiful clear skies and temps in the upper 70's low 80's). It was a bit windy yesterday with 30 mph gusts most of the day. Broke all my wife's sunflowers so I'll be cleaning them out later. All the hanging baskets got dried out pretty fast and some must have felt like they were part of an amusement park ride.

Thanks to all for the kind words on the finishing up. Darrell and Sandy? That's more than just paint. It's a complete rear restoration; new carrier/gears, bushings, body braces, brakes, bumper&mounting hardware, and a host of MAW related things that went with it (including shift linkages, front brake lines, grinding & painting the frame and bottom of the car). I think that thread was well named for the MAW disaster component....

Clint - CO was on the news again today with all the washouts and such. You guys got it really bad. Hope there's some federal relief money for you to help with the cleanup. I doubt that insurance will pay much if anything?

Adrian - Gee, I don't know how to say this, I like the bike 'before' pic a little better. But to each their own. Congrats on getting it done your way. That's the important part. CONGRATULATIONS on the new job!!

Scot - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! WAHOOO! From here it's all downhill my friend. JK. Hope you have a great day.

Jim - uhhh, ok. Lets say I didn't git'r done and y'all go ahead wit dat pool. I kin use some spare cash....

Mike - just how many cars do you have in storage?? A Lincoln that's been sitting for over 7 years isn't doing any good at all. What crapped out on it? Just think, in another 20 years it will be the classic 'barn find' when some blue oval guy spots it from the driveway. You can be one of those owners who won't sell it but won't restore it either.
Old September 16th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Monday everyone. It's Friday for me.

Scot I hope your day was a success. Or still is! Whoop it up good.

Allan it appears I'm already that guy. Although I told this one guy he could have the Lincoln for free, if he could get it out of the garage. There's a big truck, a couple cars, and several trees that keep it from being liberated. The Lincoln was at work one day and for no apparent reason ate all its brake fluid. This and the ongoing problem of it puking out all its transmission fluid, I had the car hooked home and that was that. When I moved I come alonged it up on the trailer and moved it to the place it sits now and that was really that. I'd like to do something with it but since it's so tucked away and I have many other things that take precedence, it sits.

The car looks terrific. Of course you know it's never really "done." But for the most part anyway. Although the stripes on the power steering hoses don't look quite right....

Clint you guys just can't catch a break. If I thought I just wouldn't be in the way I'd come up and help out with the clean up.

Sandy you should keep that knife on your desk and when Brian starts yammering on about whatever just pick it up and fiddle with it.

Well time to hit the bricks. I'm gonna try to get out a little early in the morning so I'm not so rushed. We'll see how that works. Have a good night everyone.
Old September 16th, 2013, 07:21 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Trying to catch up on my projects today after work. One of which, is courtesy of crappy workmanship. Here's the story: I have a wrap around porch on the house, and I had the pressure treated posts changed out for nice wood spun posts 8 years ago. I had a contractor put them in and unfortunately, they are rotting out because he trimmed them on the bottom and cut off the special coating they use to preserve them. Always great when you have to fix someone else screw ups, especially when they are supposed to be the experts. I'll be at this for several days.

Happy Birthday Scot! Hope you did something fun.

Clint - hope everything with your house gets better and the flooding subsides.

Sandy - Congrats, nice trophy. One of these days, I'll get my engine compartment to look that good.

Well, going back to watching my Steelers play. Go STEELERS! Have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old September 17th, 2013, 04:45 AM
CQR

Mornon all.

Darrell, Thank you. Actually it is the wifes store thats in the flooding. Things are drying out, and they are started on the repairs. First thing is to get the well working again. Then they can start on the furnace. I'm glad it wasn't worse. It really could have been much, much worse. Didn't sound like the black and gold was off to a good start. Hope they won.

Here is a link to the pics I took. I didn't take any from round 2. They look like round one except for with less light since we were battling it in the dark.
http://s154.photobucket.com/user/mor...w/2013%20flood

You can see the rock wall we had to bust down. It was an experience trying to sledge thru a wall that was under water.

Mike, things are looking up. No rain today and 85. 41% chance tomorrow then hi and dry the rest of the week. Mike that pollution free meant that there was no ring and tab to be detached from the can and end up in the gutter. I remember a lot of that as a kid. Or they would pull a tab and then put it in the can and drink out of it. I always wondered how many choked on that tab?

Allan, I hear there is supposed to be some Fema money, but honestly, it would probably take more time filling out the paperwork than just gittin er done. And besides. We knew we bought next to a creek. Why should we ask others to pay for it? Thats just not right.

Sandy, Thank you. I'm glad you got to see it. Pretty hokey, but fun none the less. Did you see him talking about My SSII's and how original they were on the car? Doh! The guy with the show, John, called me yesterday. He's looking to go around the country and have a little 'show' or something and wants me to rent him my car for about 6 months so he can put it in a trailer and travel with it, using it as a prop at his events. He was talking about draining all the fluids and pushing it in and out of the trailer, then he was talking about removing the drivetrain and re springing it to get the proper ride height so it would be lighter to push around. The guy is goofy I tell you. Not something I have any intentions of doing. Congrats on the hardware.

Scot, Congrats on the good time at the races. Looks like a lot of neat rides there. I don't think there are that many people missing, just not accounted for. We don't have things like this very often, so Honestly wee don't know where we would need to check in at. I bet when all said and done, there will be less than 20 casualties tied to this. I think the media is having a heyday with this. Don't get me wrong, its real bad in areas, but the water came up with enough warning this time that people had a chance to get out of the way. Unlike in 76 when everyone was camping (and sleeping) alongside the creek when she came up fast and took a bunch of people by surprise.

Jamesbo, this crawl space is tall enough to stand in (with a little hunch) for the important areas, and an area that really doesn't have much use that you have to crawl around in. Either way, I'm busy at the shop and don't have to worry much about being down there. So That makes me happy.

Well we got some good sleep last night, that makes my outlook much better. Still have a long way to go to get caught up, but its a start. The new kid is working out pretty good so far. I can't believe how green he is. He's been working for a year in the field, but they really didn't let him try new things. It doesn't sound like he had much experience working on his own stuff either. But he listens well and learns quickly.

Adrian. Neat lookin scoot. I still have the itch for a streetbike. Good thing I have a poorly balanced dog, otherwise I might have already pressed my luck with one. Drivers around here just don't watch. I have a friend from bowling league, that is still trying to recover from a wreck she had on her GS1200 when someone pulled in front of her. Pretty much ripped her up the middle to her diaphragm. She's hoping to be walking by the end of the year.

Well, have a great Tuesday all.
Old September 17th, 2013, 05:02 AM

Mawn'in all

Clint,

I wanted de worm but was wait'in fer you to post. Glad things are OK. Mother Nature is someone not to fool around wit.

I don't wanta get too political ere but IMHO de Fed needs to take a look at their own back yard for de go fix'in utter countries problems. I heared sum moron say " Breeched Security" How about "HIRED" not a security breech.

Mike, I think I can solve your problem[s]. Whatcha need is a L-O-N-G shallow lot wit de whole front a drive way. Dat way, ya would have cars lock in behind utter cars/trucks/ Suv's/Rv's Boat/ planes and trains.

Well today is go to de Senior's meet'in an call Bingo.

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old September 17th, 2013, 05:22 AM

Evening all, well we had a hell of a thunder storm last night, enough to wake me up from my deep sleep

I like to change certain things so they are unique, my bike it one of them. I too like the original Allan but when I sell it which will be soon if all goes well then it should be easier as people around here like custom things

I know how your feeling Clint with all that water and the clean up. Make sure you all stay safe when cleaning up and if you happen to get any cuts clean them out really well to ward off infection. Use peroxide or something like that, seems to kill all kinds of bad things that get into cuts lol. Hope your friend recovers ok, sounds like she is in a bad way at present When you ride on the road you grow eyes everywhere and sometimes are able to mind read the moron who is about to pull out in front of you but not always unfortunately.

Congrats on the trophies Sandy, you will surely need an extension before long to house them all.

Take care ya'll

Adrian
Old September 17th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sunshine and cold here this morning. Temps in the 40's. Way too early for that, lol! Gonna be a nice day today and tomorrow is looking good too.

Clay has his jacket and his heater on. I'm surprised Steve doesn't, lol. It's 72 in this middle room. I turned on my fan when I came in, even though Brian made a comment about it being chilly.... wuss!!! I'm lovin it!

Went to the Riverfront last night. It was great! Had me some hot chocolate and walked around. Criss and Pam came with their Buick. Criss found some neat Olds things in his attic and brought to show me. I took pics and will post them. He would like to sell them if anyone is interested, as he has no use for them. I might put them on another thread and see if I can help him out. Wish I had a use for them..

Another slow quiet day in here...... gonna be another long one.

Mike.... got the lights! They are beautiful!! Now to get them put in. I was telling my friend Ron (with the 72 Cutlass S) about them last night. He said he got some one time that were used, plugged one into the socket on the car and the thing exploded, lol. I said 'thanks'!! I'll have someone else put them in, lol.

Might go down to the body shop Saturday and have Bob put those moldings he got on the Intrigue doors. Don't know if I'll go to any shows. There aren't many around that day. Some are quite a distance away. Sunday is the day that there are 3 of them and I'm still trying to decide which to go to. I hate it when that happens....

Clint.... glad things are straightening out for you all now. No, don't let that guy have your car!!!! She sure is purdy..... I'm hoping I can find a rerun of the show so I can tell Bob to watch it. He would love your car. Yeah, I noticed that comment about the wheels, lol.

Well I better find something to do, so you all have a great day! Let me know what you think these things of Criss' are worth.... I know what the book costs on other sites, but the old cool mirror, I have no idea and don't know where to look to get one, lol. This book is immaculate - only thing is the bottom corner wrinkled a bit.

I remember this dealer in Kent, lol.

This mirror is soooo cool! Don't know what year had them like this?

Old September 17th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Cutlass Lover

Steve's heater just went on.
Old September 17th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Good night at work, but I'm beat. Another guy and I lubed the fan blades on an engine on a 737NG. Not bad work but those blades get heavy after hoisting them around a few times.

Sandy post up a picture with the new lights. I hope they don't blow up. Never heard of that. I've got that Escape Machines brochure. Pretty clever advertising back then.

Clint glad things are getting better. Those are some pictures. What an odd thing for that guy to say, give me your car so I can take the motor out and hike it all around the country. Did he actually think you'd go for that?

Jamesbo I found the perfect place for the cars and everything else. It was a 22,000ft warehouse back in the woods. Problem was it was in Jackson, about an hour's drive from my house, and well over an hour to work. Nothing remotely like that in Henry County these days.

Adrian I had a bike years ago. A big Harley. I enjoyed riding, but traffic in Atlanta sucks. You really do have to grow eyes in the back of your head and read everyone else's minds. After 4 years the bike was still perfect and I was afraid to even go near it for fear I'd knock it over or whatever. So I sold it. It had just over 5K miles.

Okay! About ready to head out the door. Gonna take the dogs on the way to the airport then a few days in the divorce capital. Divorce destination? The Biggest Little City. My boy saw me carry my bag out to the front door, now he's camped out by the leashes. I don't understand why they are so excited to go for a ride, when the only place they go is someplace they hate. Eh, dogs.

See you all in a few, have a great week everyone.
Old September 17th, 2013, 07:53 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Tuesday Mawnin All

It's a bit overcast here this morning but I'll take it since it's not too hot out

Thanks all for the birthday wishes I had a great one for sure, but I was informed that I am now officially an old phart LOL Like the song "Strawberry Wine" I do remember when 40 was old

Mike my little inside dog doesn't care where I take her, just as long as I take her. She has separation anxiety I believe

Clint thanks for the complements on my new time I had a blast as well as all that attended. I can only hope and pray that you are right about those that are not accounted for. We had our flood like that in '94, it wasn't fun but I realized our homes are fairly safe compared to others in my area.

Sandy what a cool brochure you have. Not sure on the make or model the mirror belongs to though. There is a lot of knowledgeable folks here on the forum so maybe someone can answer that question if you post a new thread in the general discussion forum.

Cool bike Adrian, you just can't beat the gas mileage on those.

Whelp gotta go out to the shop and get some stuff done out there. Have a great day all
Old September 17th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone. Ok maybe afternoon where you are...

Really blustery today - winds up to 30 mph. Keeps the temps down to around 65. Not too many good days left by the looks of it. Equinox hits on Sunday..

Clint - I hear you on the location. Still, take what Fema will offer. We had that same situation up here in late June. A lot of southern AB got flooded and a LOT of the peeps who lost property or got flooded were in known flood zones. They even built new homes next to creeks and danger areas clearly mapped out as risky. Bottom line? Now they've got a coalition demanding the AB gov't bail them out (buy out their houses or restore them to pre-flood condition). It makes me sick because the rest of us have to foot the billions of dollars it would cost. And you know what? The AB gov't is going to do it! Only thing they got smart about is putting a caveat on the cleanup. Owners have to sign an agreement that they are totally on the hook for ANY flood damage or water issues after the repairs are made.

Mike - a 22000 sq ft storage facility?? You should just move to Jackson and live in it. Perfect containment for all your toys and the pups. WTH would you do with a 22K warehouse anyway??

Sandy - judging from the Olds emblem on the mirror, that's from a late 40's or 50's car.

Adrian - sorry to hear the bike will have to go. Enjoy riding it while you can. HEY! Customize it for a baby seat holder??? How cool would that be?
Old September 17th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Captain Starfire

Howdy, folks. Cookie-cutter day down here; getting up to 90s, high "muggies" index; little chance of having the love bugs washed off the car. Spose to increase odds of the natural car-wash later in the week.

Those pic's are something, Clint. I just hope things will improve from where you are, and not get any worse. As far as the car, I guess he figures he had nothing to lose by asking.... never know how many crazies out there would agree....

Sandy, beautiful trophies. I agree w/ Allan on the age of that mirror. I'd say closer to 40s than 50s, even. And cool brochure! Love that IBM Selectric... and the guy in the phone booth looks like "Mr. X" from the X Files. Isn't that a gun he's brandishing?

Mike, you'd outgrow that 22,000 sq. ft. bldg. pretty quick -- But maybe you could open an Awful House there when you outgrow it? Oh, and BTW, I had no idea you were an ex-biker. I'm going to bring mine up to GA in a month or two, and I'm with you -- I can't really see driving it thru Hotlanta. That's the closest thing to a demolotion derby I'll ever drive in. Pretty scary in a car, even. The crazies rule.

I'll try and check in manana, friends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; September 18th, 2013 at 05:41 AM.
Old September 17th, 2013, 06:49 PM
GM Enthusiast

Good evening everyone. Much colder here today, made it up to 63 with a biting wind. Not ready for this yet. Spent some time this morning putting up three posts on my porch. Have another 7 to go and also need to replace some railings. Not to mention restaining everything. Now I remember why I procrastinated in doing this project.

I have to rant for a second, the guy who's buying my Eldo called me today to tell me he was flying up here from FL next Friday. Going to complete the deal, and then drive it to Michigan to his friends dealership for a paint job. Really giving me a hard time about the condition of the car and wanted to make sure he could make the trip without any issues? Told him, to the best of my knowledge it can make it. Really amazing, he's buying it for cheap IMHO, and busting my chops thinking that I am hiding something from him. If my wife wasn't after me to get rid of something, I would blow him off at this point.

Clint - glad to hear it was not your house, but I hope everything with your wife's business location gets back to normal soon.

Have a good evening Oldsmofriends.
Old September 18th, 2013, 03:33 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Thanks Darrell, The guy seems like a piece of work. Soon it will be water under the bridge.

John and Mike, I told the wife about it yesterday and she went ape. I never would have expected her to be so defensive of Brittney. To her, those were fightin words.

Allan, I just can't do it. We've never asked or wanted any type of handout and sure aren't gonna start now. We were lucky(and did our best to mitigate our losses) to have minor damage and we'll carry on and get the stuff fixed back up.

Scot. That was one of my big concerns when we bought our house. With the topography here, our floods are a little faster than in the flatlands. With the shop being in a floodway and now the wifes store, It's nice to know that the house isn't going to be washed away. If the water ever gets to our house, there are gonna be so many other things to worry about, the house won't matter at that point. I would figure that 60-70% of the Denver metro area would be under water or washed away if it ever got to our house.

Adrian, I ended up having lots of little cuts on my hands after tearing that wall down. (granite likes to break with real sharp edges, and being in the water that long my hands were all wrinkly and soft) so I hear you about the infection. I find that Carb & choke spray works very well as an anti-septic. I hardly ever get infections on my hands

Sandy, There are only 4 episodes at this time. so I would guess they will run them over and over until he gets some more ready for tv.

Jamesbo, Ol Ma nature sure can be a nasty Bi%&h sometimes. To show how lucky we were, here is my buddies Mom's house on the big thompson. Sad.

Have a great Humpday all.