Wheels and Tires Sponsored by Tire Rack
Click Here

Spoked hub cap

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2013 | 08:33 AM

Spoked hub cap

My Olds isn't really classic. She is a 94 cutlass Cirea S sedan.Just got my license last June and my brother sold me his car. Started out as just something to get me around till I could get something better but I ended up falling in love with her. She is a beater and needs a lot of work. but on to the reason I'm here.

There are a lot of older Astetic parts. I wanna put onto her. I've always liked how older cars looked. Well I wanna get her some old spoked hubcaps with the Oldsmobile logo on them. She looks like she has the standard black rims for hubcaps her current hubcaps attach to the lug nuts via threads on the outside of the lug nut. They are 14" rims. I was wondering if the older spoked 14" hubcaps would fit her and what ones I should get. I've been looking online for some to buy and there are soo many kinds and the backs of some look too deep. I like the ones with the smaller centers like these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-1982...995#vi-content this is the one the back looks like it wont fit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Olds-Cu...805#vi-content

Any Ideas or suggestions of what kind will work and what to get? Also if they wont work with the rims I have would a set of older rims work on my car? I apologize for all the questions She is a bit newer then I was raised working on and I've never worked on a front wheel drive car.

Last edited by Shadownight218; March 8th, 2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: another question
Old March 8th, 2013 | 01:02 PM
Big Daddy No Bucks

What you dug up @ eBay are RWD Cutlass wheel covers ... & indeed neither will work with the offset of the your FWD wheels.

We used to have one of the Ciera's GM siblings (86 Buick Century)

I tracked down a full set of factory wire wheel covers to replace the standard dish wheel covers it had.

Car was sold looonngggg ago w/the original dishes on it.

And go figure a pack rat would still have a set of wheel covers for it.

They are the style that came on the 82-85 Century.

While I certainly couldn't guarantee it ...

I would *think* there would be an Olds center emblem that would fit on the Buick wheel cover.

Many of the Olds center emblems appear similar in size to the Buick emblem.

Below is the style of the Century wheel covers I have.

Would have to dig them out of storage ...

But it might be an option for you & thought I'd throw it out there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1984 Century.jpg (100.2 KB, 8 views)
Old March 8th, 2013 | 01:37 PM

I'm just doing the research ATM won't be able to buy any hubcaps for a few months. Gotta fix a bad oil leak, tranny, and replace the AC compressor before I work on getting the stuff for looks. Also planning on getting a rack off a Buick century for on my trunk lid. But I'll keep you in mind when I'm ready how much would you want for the set? and yeah I think it wouldn't be hard to get the olds emblems for them GM tends to use the same stuff for all their different brands just changing the emblems on them.
Old March 8th, 2013 | 02:49 PM
Big Daddy No Bucks

No rush ...

I need to dig them out.

Will get some pics when I do.