Wheels and Tires Sponsored by Tire Rack
Click Here

15” SSII and SSIII Widened Wheel Source

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2024 | 11:46 AM

15” SSII and SSIII Widened Wheel Source

I’ve had an advertisement in my marketplace feed for a while for a local fella selling beautiful, chrome plated 15” SSIII wheels for what I considered to be a very reasonable price. I say this based on the cost of plating, the availability of rim hoops and the sheer work/tooling required to fabricate them. I sent him a message inquiring if he used a banding method to widen or if he was using new spun rims. He responded that he used new spun rims. After some discussion he told me that he was the founder of Wheel Vintiques (Mike Stallings) and he was fabricating his wheels in his shop two miles from my house. After selling Wheel Vintiques in 2012 to Coker Tire, he was unable to sell his wheels for ten years per non-compete agreement. The period has expired and Mike is now producing these wheels in any width, offset, fully chrome, rim chrome or steel finish. They are VERY well built, I stopped by to visit him last week. If anyone you know is looking for this service on any Mopar,Ford,GM (insert maker), I’d suggest you reach out to him and ask what he can do for you. He seems like a professional person and has a great pride in the quality of his product. He can be reached at Stallingsmike1@gmail.com. I sure do wish that he’d been around my neighborhood when I was building mine. It would have saved a lot of legwork!!😀. ‘69 Hurst replicas anyone??!!

Old October 24th, 2024 | 12:24 PM
Old(s) Fart

That is AWESOME info! Thanks. I have a stockpile of 14" SSIIs with bolt in centers that I plan to harvest the wheel discs out of for exactly this. Getting my 69 H/O wheels correctly disassembled and plated was going to be problematic.
Old October 25th, 2024 | 05:29 PM

I’m looking for 1 15x10 sslll all chrome if anyone has one. Or do you think he cam make me one?
Old October 25th, 2024 | 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Allmyin
I’m looking for 1 15x10 sslll all chrome if anyone has one. Or do you think he can make me one?
Definitely, yes. And in outstanding quality.
Old Yesterday | 06:34 PM

Is this the same company as Circle Racing Wheels located in Temple, Texas?
Old Yesterday | 07:29 PM

No, Mike as mentioned, was the original founder of Wheel Vintiques. He has been semi retired since 2012 and is now fabricating the wheels on his horse/longhorn ranch in his shop. No affiliation.