67 Vista Cruiser Third row seat

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2017, 03:01 PM

67 Vista Cruiser Third row seat

Hey, anyone reading, does the 67 have a release button for the third row seat? Looks like it should jut out on the driver's side, but I wonder if it got broken off. I can't find any other release point.
Thanks for your help.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 02:07 PM

Never mind - it was rusted shut......
Crap.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 04:29 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Toma Mallett
Never mind - it was rusted shut......
Crap.
So your roof windows have rust around them, causing leaks...

Ask me how I know this
Old June 2nd, 2017, 05:40 PM

Yeah.....
I think that they have leaked for years. I only bought the car yesterday, so that's priority three - after seat belts, so the kids can ride, light bulbs all around and a new air filter, and THEN the windows.
Then - track down a third row seat somewhere an

d get it in.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 05:54 AM
Old(s) Fart

So your question was how to raise the third seat if it is folded down flat? Simply press down on the front edge (closest to the second seat) and while holding that down, pull up on the closeout panel, folding it against the seatback. Push the seatback to the upright position. Done.

Also, that rust looks bad. Expect to find this when you remove the chrome around the roof windows. FYI, this is my "rust free" car from Rene, NV.

Old June 4th, 2017, 08:07 AM

EEEP.
If you sand that out, is there anything left for the sindow to sit on? or do you have to make a spot with some bondo, or something?
BTW, the recent paint job (I didn't do it) may have simnply taped the trim. I'm looking now at options to seal leaks - temporary silicon beads or I don't know. I don't have the money to do a full, complete job.
Old June 4th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Toma Mallett
EEEP.
If you sand that out, is there anything left for the sindow to sit on? or do you have to make a spot with some bondo, or something?
BTW, the recent paint job (I didn't do it) may have simnply taped the trim. I'm looking now at options to seal leaks - temporary silicon beads or I don't know. I don't have the money to do a full, complete job.
The only way to fix this is to cut out the bad metal and weld in new. Don't waste your time trying to apply silicone around the trim. The trim does NOT seal to anything and wasn't designed to. Even if you remove the trim, if there is any rust on the metal at all, the silicone will not seal. The acetic acid in the silicone (which is why it smells like vinegar) will accelerate the corrosion. Sorry, but this is a fact of life with Vista Cruisers (and the A-body cars in general). It pays to research this and carefully inspect for it before buying one. This is why I don't waste my time with east coast cars, but obviously even a western desert car is no guarantee.