Vintage Oldsmobiles Curved Dash, Limited Touring, Models 40, 53, 66; Series 60, 70, 90

Chris's 57

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2015, 03:57 PM

Chris's 57

I have a 57 Oldsmobile that needs to have it's rear windows reinstalled with new rubber. I have the new rubber from Fusick's, but I notice a flange on the rubber for the triangular windows that I'm not sure what to do with. I don't know if it is molding flash and needs to be cut off or if there is a reason for it. Does anyone have experience with this installation?
Old May 21st, 2015, 05:50 PM

Chris welcome to Co.

I can't be of much help on your window rubber, my car is a convertible but if you don't get a answer here soon drop on down to the vintage forum or any forum that sounds like it fits your particular problem and re post it perhaps someone there can help you out. We have quite a few 57 owners on here that are sharp on everything 57 but not every member checks out the newbie section.

Post a few pic when you can we love fifties era cars....Tedd
Old May 21st, 2015, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, I moved your post to the Vintage Olds section because Ted is right, the Newbie section is mostly for intro's. Post a formal intro in the Newbie section with some pictures when you get a chance.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 06:09 PM

Cool Chris's 57

According to my book, it looks like those are the retainers. and they should be removed and reinstalled.

Brett