Vintage Oldsmobiles Curved Dash, Limited Touring, Models 40, 53, 66; Series 60, 70, 90

Parts breakdown of distributor

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2011, 03:52 AM

Parts breakdown of distributor

I;m in need of a parts breakdown of a distributor for a stock 238 flathead 6. having issues with the advance and think that the weights may be the issue. I do not have the information of the parts breakdown of the stock distributor. I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you.
Old August 4th, 2011, 11:26 PM

distributor parts breakdown for 47

I just got back tonight from a several day trip and saw your query. I think I may have something that can help as I scored a very large old Motors Manual that covers up to and including '46 by all makes. '47s were identical I think. I will look in the a.m. when I'm not so tired. If my book doesn't help try Philbins in Portland. It's a crusty old place on N. Russell St close to Emmanuel Hospital and they can and do rebuild just about any distirbtuor including old ones. They've done a lot of work for me over the years. Always good.

http://www.philbingroup.com/rebuilt/distributors.htm

Jerry Brown
Woodland WA
Old August 5th, 2011, 03:18 PM

more on distributor parts

I looked in the book and what you need is not there. The book actually covers later, not older vehicles. I think your best bet is to make a run into North Portland to Philbins on Russell St. and have them diagnose and then you will know what you need. You could do a lot worse than to let them fix it for you. They're really good with distributors.
Jerry
Old September 2nd, 2011, 04:57 AM

Thank you for the info.

Took the car to Tune-a-car at Aloha and he found that a couple of plug wires that the ends were faulty. He replaced them, this really made a difference. I also got the rear motor mounts replaced and this smoothed out the rest of the car. So she is running good. It is good to get as much infomation and contacts as possible. You never know what may be needed. Thank you for the contact business.