Vintage Oldsmobiles Curved Dash, Limited Touring, Models 40, 53, 66; Series 60, 70, 90

A new subgroup under Vintage?

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2012, 08:11 PM

A new subgroup under Vintage?

I wrote to the site suggestions forum and suggested they create a separate sub group for 41-48 Oldsmobiles within Vintage Oldsmobiles since a group of us are into these cars but it is not easy to keep our threads together in a sub forum that covers 1903 to 1959(?). The Site Admin and others weren't terribly keen but one member did suggest a sub-forum under Vintage Oldsmobiles for "Pre-49".

I think this is a worthwhile as the majority of the CO members who frequent the Vintage Olds section seem to fall into either Post-49 or 1941-48 with some few posts for cars prior to 1940. Under the proposal everything older than 1949 would be in a sub group and presumably 49 and newer would have a sub-group by default.

Not putting down the Post-49 members at all and as an added benefit the Post-49 car owners would presumably find it easier to locate and follow threads that apply to your Post-49 cars and we in the 41-48 interest group would find it easier to find and follow our threads in a "Pre-49" sub section.

I would be interested in reactions to the idea and if you find it worthwhile please post to the site suggestions so Oldsguy who administers this can see if the idea has any support.
Old December 18th, 2012, 07:53 AM

I would have no problem at all with the sub forum suggestion if it would help you and others keep track on your era cars. I will probably read them all no mater which forum they will be in anyway, I find them all interesting and informative......Tedd
Old December 18th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Sounds good to me.

I keep confusing you with those curved-dash guys anyway.

- Eric
Old December 18th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Administrator

I think with the members that own or are interested in these, it's a viable request. It seems there has been more attn to these recently.
Old December 19th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Site Admin & Motorhead

Originally Posted by 47 Convertible
I wrote to the site suggestions forum and suggested they create a separate sub group for 41-48 Oldsmobiles within Vintage Oldsmobiles since a group of us are into these cars but it is not easy to keep our threads together in a sub forum that covers 1903 to 1959(?). The Site Admin and others weren't terribly keen but one member did suggest a sub-forum under Vintage Oldsmobiles for "Pre-49".

I think this is a worthwhile as the majority of the CO members who frequent the Vintage Olds section seem to fall into either Post-49 or 1941-48 with some few posts for cars prior to 1940. Under the proposal everything older than 1949 would be in a sub group and presumably 49 and newer would have a sub-group by default.

Not putting down the Post-49 members at all and as an added benefit the Post-49 car owners would presumably find it easier to locate and follow threads that apply to your Post-49 cars and we in the 41-48 interest group would find it easier to find and follow our threads in a "Pre-49" sub section.

I would be interested in reactions to the idea and if you find it worthwhile please post to the site suggestions so Oldsguy who administers this can see if the idea has any support.
Sorry, we need to have a minimum of 50-100 users wanting a new subsection. We spent a lot of time and effort cleaning up this site, at the request of our members, because it had degenerated into 10 million subforums with just 1 or 2 posts in each and was impossible to find anything. Took us weeks to get it back to healthy viable forums.

This is your second or third thread about this, please don't keep opening them. Your request has been noted, and opening a bunch of threads to get 'public' support will not help your cause. If you want to privately collect names, feel free, then PM them to me when you get past the 50 members who want this forum, then we'll consider it. Otherwise please be happy with the framework we have here today. Thanks.
Old December 19th, 2012, 12:23 PM

Forgive us our trespasses

Originally Posted by Omicron
Sorry, we need to have a minimum of 50-100 users wanting a new subsection. We spent a lot of time and effort cleaning up this site, at the request of our members, because it had degenerated into 10 million subforums with just 1 or 2 posts in each and was impossible to find anything. Took us weeks to get it back to healthy viable forums.

This is your second or third thread about this, please don't keep opening them. Your request has been noted, and opening a bunch of threads to get 'public' support will not help your cause. If you want to privately collect names, feel free, then PM them to me when you get past the 50 members who want this forum, then we'll consider it. Otherwise please be happy with the framework we have here today. Thanks.

I will be careful not to rattle the cage in the future.
Old December 19th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Site Admin & Motorhead

Originally Posted by 47 Convertible

I will be careful not to rattle the cage in the future.
LOL, you can use the site, just do it via PMs. And any requests are legitimate, it's just a question of how you go about them. No worries on the rest, we're just trying to keep things clean and useful for everyone. Thanks for understanding. And no, I didn't miss your sarcasm.