Vintage Oldsmobiles Curved Dash, Limited Touring, Models 40, 53, 66; Series 60, 70, 90

A few pics of road trip, Pebble Beach and south

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2012, 04:14 PM

A few pics of road trip, Pebble Beach and south

Here are a few quick pictures of our road trip through Monterey Pebble Beach area. If you ever get a chance to cruse the central coast I highly recommend the 17 mile cruse through Pebble Beach. The first picture is our car on the beach near Spy Rock at Pebble Beach. The second is a herd of deer on the greens paying no attention to the golfers. The third is wife and I having a few toddies with a group of people at San Simeon on the beach. Forth is wind surfer doing crazy maneuvers in the waves. The last picture is of a group of Koreans who gathered around the car, I let one get behind the wheel for a few pictures no one spoke English but we all had a great time.

More pictures to follow as I sort and resize them I'll try and better organize them from now on....Tedd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
55 at pebble beach #2.jpg (135.1 KB, 83 views)
deer golfing #1.jpg (131.2 KB, 67 views)
fire pod visit #4.jpg (107.3 KB, 79 views)
kite surf at san simeon #3.jpg (85.7 KB, 69 views)
Koreans in car#5.jpg (100.9 KB, 76 views)
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:34 PM

Very cool!
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:39 PM

I'm leaving Aug.11th for our Pebble Beach trip. Flying into San Diego and working our way north to end in Monterey for the big weekend; will also be stopping in San Simeon to visit the Hearst Castle (again). Hopefully, we will stop at some "private" museums along the way, too. The last couple of times we went, we started north and headed south, so this year will be a new venture. Thanks for sharing your trip.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
Railroad Mike

Smile pics

Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson
Here are a few quick pictures of our road trip through Monterey Pebble Beach area. If you ever get a chance to cruse the central coast I highly recommend the 17 mile cruse through Pebble Beach. The first picture is our car on the beach near Spy Rock at Pebble Beach. The second is a herd of deer on the greens paying no attention to the golfers. The third is wife and I having a few toddies with a group of people at San Simeon on the beach. Forth is wind surfer doing crazy maneuvers in the waves. The last picture is of a group of Koreans who gathered around the car, I let one get behind the wheel for a few pictures no one spoke English but we all had a great time.

More pictures to follow as I sort and resize them I'll try and better organize them from now on....Tedd
Nice! Saw a die cast model like yours today at auction. Same color and all! Awsome.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:21 PM
Randy C.

Looks like you had a great trip in what I consider to be an absolutely gorgeous car! Hope all the repairs prior to the trip worked out OK and that everything worked as it should!

Randy C.
Old June 24th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Originally Posted by rcorrigan5
Looks like you had a great trip in what I consider to be an absolutely gorgeous car! Hope all the repairs prior to the trip worked out OK and that everything worked as it should!

Randy C.
X2!!!

Ted
Old June 24th, 2012, 08:25 AM

Wow, looks like you had a great time. Jackets indicate a nice cool breeze - way nice. Makes me a bit jealous that I live so far from the coast (the gulf coast does not even count)...
I had a big group of Japanese tourists surrounding Lady in the Smoky Mountains National Park, taking pictures and trying to talk to me. They have a liking to old classic American iron!
Old June 24th, 2012, 11:33 AM

The fourth pic is cool! I'm glad to see you let other people enjoy your car also. Some people look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them they can sit inside my car when I'm at shows. I'm always trying to get someone else hook on a Olds! Looks like you had an amazing trip
Old June 24th, 2012, 03:54 PM

more pics of road trip and also some from Fort Bragg a week later

here are a few pictures of the area around Pebble Beach the first is a flock of geese who would not move out of the road, they were as tame as a puppy dog. The second is a shot coming back on hwy 101 of miles of orchard. The third is kinda a oxymoron shot of me using a phone on a phone.Forth is hauling butt back on I 5. More to follow.....Tedd
Attached Images
geese on road RS11.jpg (142.2 KB, 31 views)
tedd on phone #6.jpg (44.6 KB, 32 views)
blazing home RS#7.jpg (117.8 KB, 36 views)
Old June 24th, 2012, 04:19 PM

A few more

After our south coast trip we headed for Fort Bragg on the north Mendocino coast they have a neat car show and I hate to miss it.First shot is still Pebble Beach with some golfers trying to keep their ***** on the green, wind was blowing about 30 mph.Second is Fort Bragg at Noyo Harbor, bunch of fishing boats in the background.Third forth and fifth are the car show, kinda hard to get a idea of it's size from the pictures but I was told about 80 cars made it to the show and it was diverse everything from 20's something fire truck to a 70's British tank. In all it was a fun time.....Tedd
Attached Images
omg theyre golfing #6.jpg (143.6 KB, 26 views)
002 fort bragg car show.jpg (114.4 KB, 30 views)
027 RS fort bragg car show.jpg (115.0 KB, 27 views)
028 RS Fort bragg car show.jpg (112.4 KB, 31 views)
029 RS Fort Bragg car show.jpg (121.2 KB, 29 views)
Old June 24th, 2012, 04:20 PM

No, no, no - you are suppostd to make your call IN the booth!
Funny...
I love the last shot - all that chrome right in front of you... Those fiftys cars sure had style...
Old June 24th, 2012, 04:56 PM

Last but not least

The last few are from Fort Bragg. First is that British tank he got a special interest award Ya, compete against that. Second is a nice 54 holiday, we were near each other at the Nationals but this was the first time we met face to face. The last is a shot of my wife at the Botanical Gardens. You will score many points if you take your wife there,super pretty.

The car got a best pick by the local merchants award this year, we were lucky it had traveled almost 1400 miles in the last twelve days and it had only been given a quick touch before the show..It was good to get home again.but we are planing for another show, maybe Grants pass Oregon...Tedd
Attached Images
018 Fort Bragg Gardens.jpg (193.3 KB, 22 views)
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:14 AM

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a fun trip. Your 55 looks great, and it must be a blast driving down the highway in a classic convertible !!
Old June 25th, 2012, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by rcorrigan5

Randy C.
Thanks for the complement. The only problems were the heater control valve ether froze up on heat or it became unattached to the controller (hot feet on warm days) and we had a tire develop a separation which we didn't catch till we were home from Fort Bragg. In all pretty much a problem free trip.We averaged about 15 MPG and kept the top down most of both trips unless it became to hot and we needed the shade .There is nothing more fun than a road trip in an old convertible......Tedd
Old June 25th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Collector of Stray 55's

Hey Tedd...Have I ever mentioned that I love your car - left leg offer still stands!
Old June 26th, 2012, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Olds Dad
Hey Tedd...Have I ever mentioned that I love your car - left leg offer still stands!
Thanks Gorden, but I have two left legs already neither works worth a damn though. I am in the market for a set of new knees in the near future....Tedd
Old June 26th, 2012, 07:55 AM

There's the problem...
Replace one of the extra lefts with a right and see how it feels!
Old June 26th, 2012, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
There's the problem...
Replace one of the extra lefts with a right and see how it feels!
Probably work better than my cast iron hip replacements.Cant go through a airport any more without getting felt up by the security attentent....Tedd
Old July 23rd, 2012, 07:34 PM

love your car! road trip with my girlfriend. I've been in a road trip going to Death Valley National Park then Yosemite National Park then Sacramento then San Francisco. It was one hell of a ride.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by JacSmith
love your car! road trip with my girlfriend. I've been in a road trip going to Death Valley National Park then Yosemite National Park then Sacramento then San Francisco. It was one hell of a ride.
I hope your trip through Death Valley was somewhat enjoyable at this time of the year, they had heat well over a 100 degrees last week. I usually try for a March time period for Death Valley just to blistering hot to get outside the car to enjoy the sites and I don't ever take the Olds on that trip.

Leaving for Grant's Pass Oregon this Friday for their Back To The Fifties Car Show and Cruse. looks to be a three day affair and our car should fit in just fine.
Got the wide whites back on and trying to get the car spiffied up for the Oldsmobile Regionals coming up on the 17th of August, this will probably be the last points type show we enter the car in. It's getting to hard to keep a car that gets used as much as we use ours in points style condition. Who knows I could even add an A/C unit to it someday.

I'll post pictures when we get back from Grants Pass, we would love it if some of you made it to the show and if you do I'll probably be the only one in a 55 red and white Olds come on by and set a while....Tedd
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:30 PM

Well actually it was a 2 years ago. I miss it, my girl moved to a different place now, we barely see each other and I don't want to go alone.

Last edited by JacSmith; July 24th, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old July 24th, 2012, 05:49 AM
goin crusn in my55 olds

Thanks for sharing tedd, one day the wife and i will get there(USA) and plan on doing part of route 66 in a classic, its just work is getting in the way of that dream ( my own buisness) at the moment, so we brought the USA to us here and live it every day and loving it
Old July 24th, 2012, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by rocketdownunder
Thanks for sharing tedd, one day the wife and i will get there(USA) and plan on doing part of route 66 in a classic, its just work is getting in the way of that dream ( my own buisness) at the moment, so we brought the USA to us here and live it every day and loving it
Well you have chosen wisely on the type of cars you have collected, they will be just as popular in 15 years as they are now.The old classics hold their appeal, Harvy Earl made sure of that. Lost in the fifties, hope to see you there soon...Tedd