Vintage Oldsmobiles Curved Dash, Limited Touring, Models 40, 53, 66; Series 60, 70, 90

Be careful when you order a restored carburetor!!!

Search this Thread

Old July 20th, 2011, 01:26 PM

Be careful when you order a restored carburetor!!!

I needed a restored 4bbl Rochester carb for my 56 Oldsmobile and found an vendor on ebay.com by the name of :
SOUTHERN CARBS AND RC HOBBY

I specifically asked them, if the could come up with a rebuild Rochester 4 BBL carburetor as it used to be on the car as I would need the real original version.
They confirmed it and sent me the carburetor to Germany.
A few weeks later, when all the spare parts were around and we could work on the car, it turned out that the carb was totally wrong!

Ebay feedback had been given in the positive belief that all was fine! So, there are no answers on anymore on any request whatsover. The biz was done who cares what the problems are!!
Be careful when you buy a carburetor, make sure that you know what you need and make sure you get what you need!!!
Never be nice and give positive feedback at Ebay at an early time!

I found so many very nice guys in America when I was looking for parts, it is incredible, how many Americans stand up and help, but these guys were the worst vendor I ever had!

Thanks
Old July 22nd, 2011, 10:54 PM
goin crusn in my55 olds

I'm sure fusicks automotive have them, i have bought several parts from them and shippped here to australia and have nothing but praise for there service and the quickest shipping times i have ever seen, maybe give them a call.
cheers chris
Old July 23rd, 2011, 06:35 AM

Sorry to hear...
I was had on flea bay before, and after a few more, I gave up on it. I do not go there anymore.
Best thing to do would be to ask for many clear pictures of THE exact item you will receive. If they refuse, go elsewhere.
I found the feedback system sucked long ago. Those with 10 thousand positives may look great, but to the sellers advantage, they can afford to screw over a certain percent of buyers without hurting their 'rep'. And long ago, if a buyer gave a negative, a slummy seller would give one right back to the buyer. So childish...
Old July 23rd, 2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by The_German
AND RC HOBBY
That would of been my first clue to stay away from them
Old July 25th, 2011, 02:10 PM

I understand, in hindesight it would have been easier without ebay, but pls do not forget that we live 3000 miles away... Ebay often is the only solution across the pond.
Now we will restore the carb that I got from Hialeah 56 out of this forum, he left his old carb on the intake manual that he sold to me and it will be as good as new finally. So he saved my life here...

Last edited by The_German; July 25th, 2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old July 26th, 2011, 06:21 PM
1956 holiday coupe

Originally Posted by The_German
I understand, in hindesight it would have been easier without ebay, but pls do not forget that we live 3000 miles away... Ebay often is the only solution across the pond.
Now we will restore the carb that I got from Hialeah 56 out of this forum, he left his old carb on the intake manual that he sold to me and it will be as good as new finally. So he saved my life here...
Old July 27th, 2011, 03:03 AM

I know, I should have said:

He saved my life A G A I N !!!