Vintage Oldsmobiles Curved Dash, Limited Touring, Models 40, 53, 66; Series 60, 70, 90

46-48 Convertible owners and others, What are these?

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2015, 09:36 PM

46-48 Convertible owners and others, What are these?

I need a little help identifying the proper names and a source for these small parts on the inside of my 47 convertible door. One is clearly a roller and I can get from Fusick or Steele Rubber. The other two (see thumbnails) are a mystery and I don't know if all 46-48 cars had them or just convertibles.

It looks to me like some kind of rubber donut must have gone around them and helped hold the window steady along with the roller. My drivers door has none of these so I will not only need cushions/bumpers but the steel part that holds them. Thanks for furthering my continuing education.
Jerry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Old August 5th, 2015, 04:13 PM

Jerry,

my series 76 48 sedanett does not have that part. I am checking my Master Body parts manual to see if it shows up there
Old August 5th, 2015, 05:07 PM

Maybe convertible only

Originally Posted by citcapp
Jerry,

my series 76 48 sedanett does not have that part. I am checking my Master Body parts manual to see if it shows up there
__________________________________________________ ___

Pat, I'm thinking it may be on convertibles only. I talked to Chevs of the 40s today because the small Olds and Chevy convertibles have some interchangeable parts. Counterman had the very same rollers and rubber stops as Fusick lists. But does not show parts availability for the mounts that hold those rubber rollers and stops. Fortunately the mounts are pretty simple sheet metal stamped as you can see from the photos. I think I can fabricate them.
Jerry