slip yokes/tci auto streetfighter

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2017, 12:59 AM

slip yokes/tci auto streetfighter

hello... swap the old tranny today with tci auto streetfighter #211300 and was going smooth until we hit a snag. slip yoke of the original driveshaft will not slide all the way into the output tail shaft of the new transmission. seems like its bottoming out at around 1 or 1 1/2 inches into the shaft. inspected slip yoke and output tail shaft of new transmission and I could not find any restrictions of why its bottoming out. any suggestions or answer would be greatly appreciated....

thank you,,,
Old August 27th, 2017, 05:59 AM

How much torque has your old engine/trans combo got? It is possible your slip joint has been slightly twisted beyond the length it was inserted in the original combo. Or, maybe it has grease/dirt buildup inside. Take an old small brush (toothbrush) with solvent and clean out the splines in the slip joint.
Old August 27th, 2017, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by edzolz
How much torque has your old engine/trans combo got? It is possible your slip joint has been slightly twisted beyond the length it was inserted in the original combo. Or, maybe it has grease/dirt buildup inside. Take an old small brush (toothbrush) with solvent and clean out the splines in the slip joint.
no grease/dirt buildup inside. when its bottoming out, I hear a solid metal sound, nor slip yoke has been twisted.
Old August 29th, 2017, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by onofre442
no grease/dirt buildup inside. when its bottoming out, I hear a solid metal sound, nor slip yoke has been twisted.
hi all, fyi...I called dennys driveshaft and explained to them my problem. denny had the answer right away... problem was there were a lot of burrs present at end of each spline of the output shaft. took out the output shaft housing and yes there were quite a few. I took out my triangular file, found me a nice position underneath the car and work on it until I was sure it was smooth and no burrs. slipped in like butter after.....thank guys...