tubro 200 shifting problems

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:31 PM

tubro 200 shifting problems

transmission will not shift from first to second until 35 to 40 mph and second to thrid until 60 to 65 mph and shifts are hard,I have changed intake and carb to edlebrock performer and edlebrock 600 carb and removed a lot of electrical and vacuum lines, tired adjustment on throttle valve cable and have had no luck,will any of these electrical or vacume lines keep trans from working right,I was told trans would work with all this disconnected, thanks for any help, lost on trans problem this is for 1987 olds cutalss brougham with 307
Old August 31st, 2012, 01:29 PM

by hand turn throtle wide open then put a finger on steel cable and push down while watching cable at housing cable should move about 1/8 to 1/4 inch if it dosent then the plastic cable is adjusted to long. there are 2 type of cables one has a half moon slot with a metel tab in it, the other has a rectangle tab made of plastic. if yours has the rectangle and has deen instaled correctly that tab will pop up with a small screwdriver be carful its plastic after tab is relased rotate throtle to full throtle and snap tab back down. that ones done now if it has the metal tab its suspose to be self adjusting by pushing metal tab with your finger and with other hand pull plastic cable housing towards firewall relese tab then again turn throtle by hand to full throtle you should hear the cable ratchet to the right spot then feel cable again just like in the begenning for a little free play cause aauto adjusters usely dont work right. if its to tight grasp plastic cable mash tab and slide cable forward 1/8 inch at a time till you get that little bit of freeplay in cable once you do it it easy. hope this helps.
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:10 PM

sorry my bad i diidnt proof read that very well. i was talking about the tv cable adjustment for trans
Old September 7th, 2012, 06:51 PM

thanks john I found that my original throttle bracket would work on the edlerbrock, had to use the two inner mounting bolts and the cable bracket I got from summitt was not right but thanks to you I was able to adjust cable like you said, first time I had to adjust cable and was lost, the cable was adjusted out to far and had too much pressure on cable,the bracket had the notches on it like you said just open throttle and let cable adjust itself, thanks again for your help.