394 trans adapter

Search this Thread

Old Today | 09:29 AM

394 trans adapter

I'm planning to swap out my slimJim in my 63 Super88 for a 700R4 or Turbo400 but I'm wondering if anyone on here has used this adapter. A few reviews on the website sound promising. Pic of my 63 just for fun.

Old Today | 09:57 AM
Phantom Phixer

You will have to cut a large section of floor tunnel out and modify it if you use that adapter.
Ross Racing Engines or Tanson Enterprises have adaptors that require no floor cutting.

Ross Racing Engines | Ross Racing Engines

TANSON ENTERPRISES - Updated October 2024 - Sacramento, California - Auto Customization - Phone Number - Yelp

Last edited by Charlie Jones; Today at 10:03 AM.
Old Today | 11:22 AM

^^^THIS^^^

You can read plenty of threads on our site about the infamous Slim Jim Rotohydramatic transmission and swapping to a different one. Bad@$$ car BTW!
Old Today | 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Jones
You will have to cut a large section of floor tunnel out and modify it if you use that adapter.
Ross Racing Engines or Tanson Enterprises have adaptors that require no floor cutting.

Ross Racing Engines | Ross Racing Engines

TANSON ENTERPRISES - Updated October 2024 - Sacramento, California - Auto Customization - Phone Number - Yelp
I have read quite a bit about Ross Racing and I'm not to sure id trust him.
Never heard of Tanson but I'll check them out.
Old Today | 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Olds64
^^^THIS^^^

You can read plenty of threads on our site about the infamous Slim Jim Rotohydramatic transmission and swapping to a different one. Bad@$$ car BTW!
I have been doing some research and hadn't found a kit that didn't involve sending Parts to Ross Racing. I've never dealt with them but I'm not sure id send money his way after all the horror stories I've read.
Thanks it's a cool ride and I fell in love with the body before I found out parts weren't available.. I'll be in it for the long haul even if I make my own parts..