Slim Jim care

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2011, 07:28 AM

Slim Jim care

I have a 64 Starfire with the good old slim jim. Are there any recommendations as to care for this tranny? It's current state is slightly dirty, but no burnt smell tranny fluid. I have read that getting a filter for this vehicle is near to impossible. Should I still change the fluid? Any particularly type of fluid other than what's designed for GM? Any special additives to add for longevity or preventative measures?

It shifts very well, as any other slim jim based on my readings. haha.
Old June 19th, 2011, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by 64OldsSarfire
I have a 64 Starfire with the good old slim jim. Are there any recommendations as to care for this tranny? It's current state is slightly dirty, but no burnt smell tranny fluid. I have read that getting a filter for this vehicle is near to impossible. Should I still change the fluid? Any particularly type of fluid other than what's designed for GM? Any special additives to add for longevity or preventative measures?

It shifts very well, as any other slim jim based on my readings. haha.

If you really want to keep the Tranny fresh you can contact www.fatsco.com as they have your filter, but a little Pricey. But you can put that price against the cost of not having to rebuild your Tranny prematurely.
Old June 19th, 2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by chequenman
If you really want to keep the Tranny fresh you can contact www.fatsco.com as they have your filter, but a little Pricey. But you can put that price against the cost of not having to rebuild your Tranny prematurely.
Hahaha....thx, sounds good to me!