Downshift Solenoid Valve Connector

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2011, 10:10 AM

Downshift Solenoid Valve Connector

Hi everyone! I was hoping for some help in identifying and locating parts for the THM400 in my '68 Delmont (455) and for some "How to" help. I am going to change the ATF filter next week and while the ATF is drained, I also want to remedy a leak I have at the location where the connector that controls the (detent) downshift valve connects into the transmission. In Ron Sessions' book, I think I have identified the key part: Connector to Case Seal (p/n 6264903). Does anyone know where I might find this part? And do you think I should replace all the seals (which probably have never been done) while the ATF is out for the filter change? None of the other connections are currently leaking although I did get ATF blowing out of the filler tube - but I think cleaning the vent cured that problem although I will keep my eye on that.

Has anyone done this connector seal change? And perhaps might let me know what steps should be taken - even on how to remove the connector?

Thanks!!
Old March 28th, 2011, 04:09 PM

Smile

It looks like I may have found some information about this connector. It looks like the downshift solenoid connects to a single pin connector that runs through the trans case on the driver's side. In order to replace this connector, I am going to need to remove the pan to get access. I still don't know what size O-ring or grommet I am going to need. I should be able to figure that out once I have the old connector out. For the THM400 I have, I ordered a new connector and some various O-rings and grommets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
downshift solenoid.jpg (52.5 KB, 20 views)