Finding parts

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2014, 08:21 PM

Finding parts

Got a 76 Toronado today that is in pretty good shape. Where does one find parts? I need a LH rear fender extender hopefully in the cream color. I searched the internet and there isn't much out there!
Old March 7th, 2014, 08:39 PM

I think you're going to be disappointed. There's a bunch of folks on here with mid-70s 98's who have been looking for someone to reproduce those fender extensions, but I've not heard that they've had any luck yet. Those plastic extensions are not made new, and any replacements, either NOS or off a parts car, will be just as old. That doesn't mean there aren't some usable ones out there as I see these cars advertised on ebay and craigslist, and some don't have this issue. But there is no single source for these that I'm aware of, new or used.

This is an issue for full-size Oldsmobiles all through that era (and all through ANY era). Mechanical parts are no problem, but body, trim, and interior parts are not reproduced. Any replacements have to come from donor cars.
Old March 8th, 2014, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by jaunty75
I think you're going to be disappointed. There's a bunch of folks on here with mid-70s 98's who have been looking for someone to reproduce those fender extensions, but I've not heard that they've had any luck yet. Those plastic extensions are not made new, and any replacements, either NOS or off a parts car, will be just as old. That doesn't mean there aren't some usable ones out there as I see these cars advertised on ebay and craigslist, and some don't have this issue. But there is no single source for these that I'm aware of, new or used.

This is an issue for full-size Oldsmobiles all through that era (and all through ANY era). Mechanical parts are no problem, but body, trim, and interior parts are not reproduced. Any replacements have to come from donor cars.
I am not looking for new....used would work. Mine has a hole about the size of a quarter in it! Ugh!
Old March 8th, 2014, 04:16 AM
Lansing built

Welcome to C.O.! Post some pictures of the new ride when you have a chance.

As far as new, follow my posted link to this website. There products have been called "not the best" thin and rigid. But when there is no choice.

http://www.replica-plastics.com/Edit...ake=Oldsmobile

Pat
Old March 8th, 2014, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by 1970cs
Welcome to C.O.! Post some pictures of the new ride when you have a chance.

As far as new, follow my posted link to this website. There products have been called "not the best" thin and rigid. But when there is no choice.

http://www.replica-plastics.com/Edit...ake=Oldsmobile

Pat
Thanks Pat. I am going to keep looking for a used one.