I found my dream toronado

Old October 30th, 2018, 04:26 PM

I found my dream toronado

I found my dream Toronado,luckily my friend Aaron found it for me whom is a member of a local Toronado,Riviera and Eldorado club in my area.It is a 1967 and is in a private car collection in Indiana.Recieved the phone call from him this afternoon,Luckily the seller,a family is holding it on for me.It is Turquoise which is one of the colors I like for the 1966 to 1970 Toronados.Story of me wanting one is memories and it was when I was in the Marines.The body style as well.I was driving around one day off duty and seen a nice 1969 Toronado in a guy's driveway.Stopped and looked at it,this guy came out and told him nice car.Told me thank you and we talked about it more.It was the opportunity that followed,drive it around telling me I could do this.I did and loved how it drove,glided down the road.This one,it has been fully restored done right.Drives nice and they want $12,000.00 for it.Luckily Aaron is a pilot,going to fly down and see it this weekend.I am very excited to see it and have the money ready.
Old October 30th, 2018, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Anoldslady
I found my dream Toronado,luckily my friend Aaron found it for me whom is a member of a local Toronado,Riviera and Eldorado club in my area.It is a 1967 and is in a private car collection in Indiana.Recieved the phone call from him this afternoon,Luckily the seller,a family is holding it on for me.It is Turquoise which is one of the colors I like for the 1966 to 1970 Toronados.Story of me wanting one is memories and it was when I was in the Marines.The body style as well.I was driving around one day off duty and seen a nice 1969 Toronado in a guy's driveway.Stopped and looked at it,this guy came out and told him nice car.Told me thank you and we talked about it more.It was the opportunity that followed,drive it around telling me I could do this.I did and loved how it drove,glided down the road.This one,it has been fully restored done right.Drives nice and they want $12,000.00 for it.Luckily Aaron is a pilot,going to fly down and see it this weekend.I am very excited to see it and have the money ready.
Thats great to hear😀. Don't forget to post pics if you get it!
Old October 30th, 2018, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Good luck
Old October 30th, 2018, 07:35 PM

Gave me more details,has the factory a/c which does work.Plus he checked it out,no flaws in the restoration.I will see it when we get there.The reason why this family is selling it is because dad died and they want his cars to go to a better home.There were 50 cars in this collection,down to 10 which will be 9 when I buy this Toronado.
Old October 31st, 2018, 02:01 PM
Gearhead

Great find! So many survivor cars are brown or green, it's good to see one in a nice color.
Old October 31st, 2018, 02:08 PM
Olds Fever

Congratulations, that sure didn't take long...
Old October 31st, 2018, 04:34 PM

Started looking in September.Found a few that needed work.One was a 1970 that was hit in the left front not fixed right.
Old November 1st, 2018, 05:57 AM

Good luck. We look forward to seeing pics of your new ride once you acquire it.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 11:47 AM

Came back with good news,it's mine.Flew down there and the seller was there to get us there.Was on the rack ready for me to look at and I was 100% impressed.Restoration was done correctly.Runs like a watch and everything works.Test drive sold me on it,never pulled to the left or right when I took my hands off the steering wheel.I said deal after I got back from the test drive.Paid for it and they are paying for getting it transported for me.Was handed the title and forgot the camera.Putting it in my name on Monday,seller gave me a copy of her husband's death certificate just in case if there are any problems with getting the title in my name.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Congrats, look forward to some pictures.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 03:17 PM
Olds Fever

Good to hear that the sale went well for you... You must be on cloud nine waiting to have it home...
Old November 3rd, 2018, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by CRUZN 66
Good to hear that the sale went well for you... You must be on cloud nine waiting to have it home...
I will be.Soon as the new title comes,getting a plate for it.Calling Haggerty on Monday to put insurance on it too.Have the papers it was appraised as well.