Gas tank redone/take a look here!

Search this Thread

Old December 6th, 2013, 06:27 PM

Gas tank redone/take a look here!

I just had my ’69 Toronado gas tank cleaned (it had some rust inside) and re-sealed inside and out by a shop using the ReNU method (http://gastankrenu.com/). It was not inexpensive but the results appear to be great....see the photos here.

I just thought I'd share as some of you might be considering RenU as a gas tank option.

Ron Sr
Crown Point, IN
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (45.6 KB, 85 views)
Old December 6th, 2013, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ronschwartzsr
I just had my ’69 Toronado gas tank cleaned (it had some rust inside) and re-sealed inside and out by a shop using the ReNU method (http://gastankrenu.com/). It was not inexpensive but the results appear to be great....see the photos here.

I just thought I'd share as some of you might be considering RenU as a gas tank option.

Ron Sr
Crown Point, IN
Looks Great!!!
Old December 7th, 2013, 09:52 AM

I am very happy with the results.....now just need to get it reinstalled. Hopefully it will hold up and perform the way I expect too.
Old December 7th, 2013, 11:33 AM

I had the same process performed on my '40 series 90 coupe tank two years ago. A lifetime warranty. I was very pleased to salvage the tank, they are very hard to find. The look is not concourse quality, but then again neither am I! It is a very good option for folks looking for options on older cars with uncommon tanks.
Old December 28th, 2013, 07:42 PM

Thanks to an almost unbelievable 50 degrees here in northwest Indiana, I was inspired to get my "ReNued" gas tank reinstalled in my '69 Toronado today. My thanks to the member who suggested that a sending unit for a '72 Buick Lasabre could be used as a replacement....it dropped right in....only had to extend the fuel intake line and cap off the return line (my return line connects to a nipple on the tank itself). I also received the benefit of a now working fuel gauge!

I went for a test drive. Everything went well and hopefully no more issues related to rust in the fuel tank!

Last edited by Ronschwartzsr; December 28th, 2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Spelling