1987 Toro control arm

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2009 | 09:37 PM

Exclamation 1987 Toro control arm

Hi everybody. I’m new to the site AND Toronados. I got mine just 2.5 weeks ago….for 2 of those weeks its been parked at my mechanic’s house. The second day I had it(couldn’t have driven more than 30 miles total) the control arm snapped. The front driver’s side. My mechanic says I need the rod that attaches to the frame also(radius rod or strut rod?). It’s proving to be as big of a pain to find parts as I thought it would. We were able to locate only one-through the dealer. Very pricey. Also a long shipping time. Im trying to find a used one before I have to resort to that, as the total repair costs will be almost as much as I paid for the car. As a matter of fact, I still owe money on the car. Other than this(an a parasitic battery drain) the car’s in GREAT shape and I love it…..even though I’ve barely driven it. PLEASE someone help me find this part asap! Thanks a lot and I hope to hear from one of you VERY soon!
Old June 19th, 2009 | 06:42 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by tonymarinara
Hi everybody. I’m new to the site AND Toronados. I got mine just 2.5 weeks ago….for 2 of those weeks its been parked at my mechanic’s house. The second day I had it(couldn’t have driven more than 30 miles total) the control arm snapped. The front driver’s side. My mechanic says I need the rod that attaches to the frame also(radius rod or strut rod?). It’s proving to be as big of a pain to find parts as I thought it would. We were able to locate only one-through the dealer. Very pricey. Also a long shipping time. Im trying to find a used one before I have to resort to that, as the total repair costs will be almost as much as I paid for the car. As a matter of fact, I still owe money on the car. Other than this(an a parasitic battery drain) the car’s in GREAT shape and I love it…..even though I’ve barely driven it. PLEASE someone help me find this part asap! Thanks a lot and I hope to hear from one of you VERY soon!
The same year Eldo should interchange.
Old June 20th, 2009 | 07:52 PM

Those parts are easy to find!

The '87 Toro's parts interchange with most other GM products of similar size. If the part looks the same it'll be just fine. That is the cheapest car to repair because used parts are plentiful.