1966 Toronado trunk photos needed

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2012, 05:54 AM

1966 Toronado trunk photos needed

I am finally getting to the interior of my autumn bronze toronado. The trunk was bare except for the rubberized mat on the floor. Now everything is gone from the trunk and its sprayed. I have the bronze vinyl on order from SMS and they are also sending me fabric that they say is the original trunk lining material. The problem is that I don't know what the original trunk looked like. Was it just a carpet on the bottom or were there side panels to protect the inside of the rear quarters? If anyone recovered/redid their trunk I'd love to see pictures so I know what to do.

Thank you!
Jeff in Minneapolis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
66Toro.jpg (73.3 KB, 38 views)
66toro2.jpg (67.8 KB, 43 views)
Old January 8th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Mostly Gristle

Here is a shot I saved from a for sale listing. Not my car. I think it is original tho..
Attached Images
SFtoro2.jpg (79.4 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by bluecab; January 8th, 2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old January 8th, 2012, 09:26 AM

Thank you! That helps a lot! Jeff
Old February 16th, 2012, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by bluecab
Here is a shot I saved from a for sale listing. Not my car. I think it is original tho..
Yup, looks just like mine... The fabric is almost burlap-esque... and really stinks after sitting in a garage for 30 years >_> I had to pull mine all out. I took a can and a half of lysol to it, and it still stinks like that aweful fabric. lol
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Mostly Gristle

Is it something that you could wash?
Bleach will kill the stink in almost anything...
Or Just toss it and get some carpet.
I'm not going down the concours correct road, been there, ended up with cars that became garage queens....So I will carpet the trunk in the same material that I use in the cabin.
TF, did you do the disk brake conversion yet?
I just realized that my steel wheels will not be of any use,even to just roll the hulk around the garage so I'm looking all over for some 18 - 20" high offset 5 x 5's that will work....

David
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by bluecab
Is it something that you could wash?
Bleach will kill the stink in almost anything...
Or Just toss it and get some carpet.
I'm not going down the concours correct road, been there, ended up with cars that became garage queens....So I will carpet the trunk in the same material that I use in the cabin.
TF, did you do the disk brake conversion yet?
I just realized that my steel wheels will not be of any use,even to just roll the hulk around the garage so I'm looking all over for some 18 - 20" high offset 5 x 5's that will work....

David
Eh, I pitched it all... I'll do something nicer with the trunk when I get around to it. Right now, it's pretty much bottom of my list :P

As far as my disk brakes... I'm doing them right now. I've got my passenger side almost completely torn appart. Still working on getting the lower control arm out. Having issues with the torsion bar. But I just finished painting the parts I do have out... I should probably be done by the end of the month if I keep working lazily on my days off. If I actually put some serious effort into it, I could have it done sooner... but, no hurry.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 07:38 PM

nice car, if you need some parts,i have 3 1966 toros, 1 parts car.one is the same colors as yours, i like to see the 66s being restored,its not like restoring a cutlass. mark, cambridge mn.