Anyone running an Erson TQ40 cam?

Old March 15th, 2012, 05:44 PM

Anyone running an Erson TQ40 cam?

Hello, I am looking at getting the Erson TQ40 came for my 355 ci SBO build. I have been searching and I know that it comes highly recommended by Mark. However, I couldn't find any feedback (positive or negative) or mention in dyno numbers. I was also looking at Comp Cams, but before I spend more for the Erson, I want to see what others think.
Old March 15th, 2012, 06:23 PM
car guy

Back 15 years ago when I sold them for a living it was one of my favorites for a healthy street car.
Old March 16th, 2012, 05:13 AM

Put a post on Oldspower.com. There's a guy there by the name of Josh who bought one from me about 6 months ago. He replaced a VooDoo that was too noisy.
I don't sell too many off the shelf cams, but your combo is perfect for that one.
Old April 30th, 2014, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by deejai35
Hello, I am looking at getting the Erson TQ40 came for my 355 ci SBO build. I have been searching and I know that it comes highly recommended by Mark. However, I couldn't find any feedback (positive or negative) or mention in dyno numbers. I was also looking at Comp Cams, but before I spend more for the Erson, I want to see what others think.
Hey there, I have one in my 69 455 that I picked up from cutlassefi, I'm very happy with the setup, although I have not done any dyno and I'm suffering from carb issues. I see the lower vacuume that is expected but it still provides enough for power breaks etc. on a 80 cutlass that the motor is in. It runs really strong through the rpm range with a nice mild choppy idle. This was my first complete engine build and I'm happy to say that it runs nice and fired right up on first try.
Old May 1st, 2014, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by 80 cutlass
Hey there, I have one in my 69 455 that I picked up from cutlassefi, I'm very happy with the setup, although I have not done any dyno and I'm suffering from carb issues. I see the lower vacuume that is expected but it still provides enough for power breaks etc. on a 80 cutlass that the motor is in. It runs really strong through the rpm range with a nice mild choppy idle. This was my first complete engine build and I'm happy to say that it runs nice and fired right up on first try.
Thanks for the feedback. I posted the question nearly 2 years ago and since then bought and installed the cam from cutlassefi. I just drove the car for the first time yesterday since the engine rebuild.
Old May 1st, 2014, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by deejai35
Thanks for the feedback. I posted the question nearly 2 years ago and since then bought and installed the cam from cutlassefi. I just drove the car for the first time yesterday since the engine rebuild.
Awsome, I didn't even look at the date of the post before I replied. Anyways would be curious to hear feedback on how you like the cam after a few more miles.