Anyone running an Erson TQ40 cam?

Old March 15th, 2012, 05:44 PM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
deejai35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 200
Anyone running an Erson TQ40 cam?

Hello, I am looking at getting the Erson TQ40 came for my 355 ci SBO build. I have been searching and I know that it comes highly recommended by Mark. However, I couldn't find any feedback (positive or negative) or mention in dyno numbers. I was also looking at Comp Cams, but before I spend more for the Erson, I want to see what others think.
deejai35 is offline  
Old March 15th, 2012, 06:23 PM
  #2  
car guy
 
gearheads78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 5,524
Back 15 years ago when I sold them for a living it was one of my favorites for a healthy street car.
gearheads78 is offline  
Old March 16th, 2012, 05:13 AM
  #3  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Central Fl
Posts: 5,301
Put a post on Oldspower.com. There's a guy there by the name of Josh who bought one from me about 6 months ago. He replaced a VooDoo that was too noisy.
I don't sell too many off the shelf cams, but your combo is perfect for that one.
cutlassefi is online now  
Old April 30th, 2014, 06:51 PM
  #4  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Byron, Illinois
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by deejai35 View Post
Hello, I am looking at getting the Erson TQ40 came for my 355 ci SBO build. I have been searching and I know that it comes highly recommended by Mark. However, I couldn't find any feedback (positive or negative) or mention in dyno numbers. I was also looking at Comp Cams, but before I spend more for the Erson, I want to see what others think.
Hey there, I have one in my 69 455 that I picked up from cutlassefi, I'm very happy with the setup, although I have not done any dyno and I'm suffering from carb issues. I see the lower vacuume that is expected but it still provides enough for power breaks etc. on a 80 cutlass that the motor is in. It runs really strong through the rpm range with a nice mild choppy idle. This was my first complete engine build and I'm happy to say that it runs nice and fired right up on first try.
80 cutlass is offline  
Old May 1st, 2014, 03:15 PM
  #5  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
deejai35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 200
Originally Posted by 80 cutlass View Post
Hey there, I have one in my 69 455 that I picked up from cutlassefi, I'm very happy with the setup, although I have not done any dyno and I'm suffering from carb issues. I see the lower vacuume that is expected but it still provides enough for power breaks etc. on a 80 cutlass that the motor is in. It runs really strong through the rpm range with a nice mild choppy idle. This was my first complete engine build and I'm happy to say that it runs nice and fired right up on first try.
Thanks for the feedback. I posted the question nearly 2 years ago and since then bought and installed the cam from cutlassefi. I just drove the car for the first time yesterday since the engine rebuild.
deejai35 is offline  
Old May 1st, 2014, 05:43 PM
  #6  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Byron, Illinois
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by deejai35 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I posted the question nearly 2 years ago and since then bought and installed the cam from cutlassefi. I just drove the car for the first time yesterday since the engine rebuild.
Awsome, I didn't even look at the date of the post before I replied. Anyways would be curious to hear feedback on how you like the cam after a few more miles.
80 cutlass is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
69442murph
Parts For Sale
1
October 9th, 2015 05:33 PM
Carl, uk
Small Blocks
22
March 13th, 2014 05:43 AM
panther80
General Discussion
3
May 23rd, 2013 05:57 PM
Wireman134
Parts For Sale
2
February 11th, 2012 10:21 PM
cutlassefi
Parts For Sale
0
October 12th, 2010 12:52 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone running an Erson TQ40 cam?


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.