QJet Electric Choke Conversion

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2017, 11:26 AM

QJet Electric Choke Conversion

After searching the threads and finding the best way to convert from hot-air choke to electric on my 4bbl QJet, I wanted to inquire about the oil pressure switch that will be used as the keyed source of the choke. My current sender is the single spade unit which I have connected to a brass fitting as I have a set of aftermarket gauges to read the oil pressure. While the wiring suggestions utilize a 3-spade oil pressure switch (PN PS127), would I be able to simply remove the single spade and use the 3-spade switch instead? For all the options of available switches for my 70' CS 350, all of them are single spade. Just want to confirm before I make a mistake.
Old December 7th, 2017, 11:53 AM

If you don’t want to use the oil pressure sending unit, you can wire it through an inexpensive relay. I did this on my 70 Chevelle. Do a search on this site, Joe P. has posted a nice schematic.
Old December 7th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by tgilligan
After searching the threads and finding the best way to convert from hot-air choke to electric on my 4bbl QJet, I wanted to inquire about the oil pressure switch that will be used as the keyed source of the choke. My current sender is the single spade unit which I have connected to a brass fitting as I have a set of aftermarket gauges to read the oil pressure. While the wiring suggestions utilize a 3-spade oil pressure switch (PN PS127), would I be able to simply remove the single spade and use the 3-spade switch instead? For all the options of available switches for my 70' CS 350, all of them are single spade. Just want to confirm before I make a mistake.
Your stock switch and the suggested PS127 both use the same 1/8 NPT thread. Unscrew the old, install the new.
Old December 7th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Joe P made a nice sticky on how to do this and most of your questions will probably be answered here:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ke-wiring.html