Pulleys and brackets Need help Please

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2017, 01:38 PM

Pulleys and brackets Need help Please

I have built my block and am getting ready to deal with the harmonic balancer water pump and pulleys and brackets I received this motor in pieces. Does anybody know what pulleys I need for a 1970 olds 350 non ac car. Stamp numbers would be awesome because I have a couple bins of parts that my uncle has collected thru the years. Would like to ask him but unfortunately drugs have taken him away from my us and he is lost to them so I'm trying to rebuild my grandpas car so I can take a ride with him before it is to late thanks and god bless
Old December 14th, 2017, 06:03 PM
Rodney

Pulleys & bracketry

Here's a few pages from the 1970 assembly manual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
70_Sec_6-1|Pulleys.jpg (420.7 KB, 24 views)
70_Sec_6-1|AltBrackets.jpg (284.3 KB, 21 views)
70_Sec_6-1|PwrSteerBracket.jpg (483.1 KB, 27 views)
Old December 15th, 2017, 01:19 PM

You need the KC for the steering pump, KJ for the crank and KN for the water pump. If you need help with the steering pump brackets, there are some great threads here that will show you in detail how they are assembled. Be careful in pulling and re-installing the pulley on the steering pump as you may have to tap it on and off if the front bracket has been removed. I ruined the rubber seals on my reservoir doing that and had a nice puddle of fluid the next morning. Good luck in getting it all assembled for your grandpa!
Old December 15th, 2017, 08:54 PM

Thanks I have A few pulleys in bins that I have to go thru

Originally Posted by BSiegPaint
You need the KC for the steering pump, KJ for the crank and KN for the water pump. If you need help with the steering pump brackets, there are some great threads here that will show you in detail how they are assembled. Be careful in pulling and re-installing the pulley on the steering pump as you may have to tap it on and off if the front bracket has been removed. I ruined the rubber seals on my reservoir doing that and had a nice puddle of fluid the next morning. Good luck in getting it all assembled for your grandpa!
Old December 15th, 2017, 08:56 PM

pulleys

thanks for the help hopefully I can round up these pulleys and brackets if I can't I might as well go to a serpentine kit