Oldsmobile Engine Parts?

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2007, 08:20 PM

Oldsmobile Engine Parts?

Hey guys. I've wanted to do this for a while now, but Im in need of some direction.

If I were to want to take my entire engine apart and clean the lot of it and put it back together again. Where would I find parts for a 307 Oldsmobile engine on the internet? Like piston rings, all the gaskets and such and even some of the bolts and whatnot.

I want to start soon, but I just dont wanna get the thing apart and find out I have a bum gasket that could use repairing or something like that.
Old March 9th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Past Administrator

here ya go.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...7&autoview=sku

does you engine need rebuilding? If not, no need to take it completely apart.
Old March 10th, 2007, 03:13 AM

Well Its not in dire need of one. but I just wanted to do it then add some dress up chrome gear. The cars body and interior are Perfect and not much needs to be done to them, but the engine kinda looks and feels like it could benefit from a revamp.

Its been driven alot in its time on the road. It was in the Expo 89 in Alberta before we even got it over to Nova Scotia. And even now I use it as a daily summer driver. So I just wanna be sure everythings in working order and is looking nice for years to come.
Old March 10th, 2007, 05:59 AM

My opinion is..."If it aint broke, dont fix it".....Its quite involved to remove and disassemble an engine just to clean. Most likely you will find something not right such as a broken piston ring and scored cylinder and then it becomes a runnaway train situation with one thing leading to the next. If it were me I would leave everything alone or plan on a complete rebuild since you are going thru the effort anyway....