OLDSMOBILE 350 hp?

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2006, 05:35 PM

OLDSMOBILE 350 hp?

First off I must say this site rocks and nice to meet all of you. I'm a born gear head and my first auto was a oldsmobile and after that,mustangs , mustangs. As of now I've got a 68 delta 88 with a 350 motor. The head number on the motor is #5. I would like to know what type of hp did these motors have? This car that I have is mostly going to be a parts car , but I'm going to pull the motor, trans and rear end. The motor has a eldbrock intake and holley carb with a spacer and a nice set of rare eldbrock valve covers. (the ones you can't buy anymore$$$$$$) What type of build and hp can you get out of these 350s and the #5 heads. All info is needed and welcome?
Old September 7th, 2006, 08:23 PM

power potential...

output is all in how much you want to $pend...my motor is in the machine shop stage right now and is getting blueprinted and the heads are being ported and blended to match an offenhauser port-o-sonic intake(4500 dominator flange)all the internals will be top notch parts as the wife dont want this one to pop like the big block i just had built did a few weeks ago.my budget is 3500 bucks and ill most likely exceed that by a few hundred as im at 2800 and counting. most of the cost is going to custom machined parts because as you will find out olds 350 "performance" parts are very few and when you get into an odd displacement(mine is a 366c.i.)it gets kinda fustrating when you call a place and ask,"you have any smallblock oldsmobile?"you will always get the this response,"why dont you get a 455?".my point is if you wanna be different then your halfway there you have and oldsmobile...im going all the way...im looking for lots of torque and horses from a olds 350....and on a budget