Nice Sunday drive till he car died...on the ride

Search this Thread

Old August 24th, 2013, 02:16 PM
72 Olds CS

Hey thanks tony. Where have you been lately I haven't seen you on here to much.

I recall your thread fom a while back. I was thinking when you did yours I should get after mine, but you know how it goes, well now I had to do it! It worked out good tho, between the broken motor mt, the hole in the dipstick, the plastic in the pick up and the grease covering the engine and accessories I'm glad I got it all done.

I just got back from my first drive, I had to hunt down an air cleaner for it 4 parts stores very few round air cleaners, I got an entire assembly from advance auto.

Runs good w no issues to report !!!
Old August 25th, 2013, 08:34 AM

Perfect!

Yeah i've been MIA for a couple months since work has piled up. I've been steadily working on my cutlass though. all the trim is off and i'm painting it with a buddy, it's actually going pretty well.

I'm trying to have everything said and done by next weekend so i can get the beast out on the road again.

We have a really similar setup, do you run a vacuum gauge? Here are my numbers. My vacuum got MUCH better when i bumped up the initial timing on my HEI. But i still need a dial-back timing light to figure the rest out..

Idle 550: 18'' Vacuum
Park 750: 21'' Vacuum
Old September 14th, 2013, 06:16 PM
72 Olds CS

Wow you've got some good vacuum. I get about 18 in park at 800 rpm. Idk what it drops too in drive

My initial is set at 17 deg, the HEI has about 16 deg mech, and I stopped my vac adv can at about 8 deg....it runs good I that configuration, I could be a little more aggressive w th e settings but this ways it's easy on the starter and the engine is stone stock original so it's easy ontha too..

I have the vac advance to manifold vacuum