A huge Thank-you to CutlassFreak (Dave)

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Hookers under Hood

A huge Thank-you to CutlassFreak (Dave)

As some of you know I'm on a very tight budget with a 350 build.
Dave (cutlassfreak) has stepped up to the plate on my engine and has been porting a set of #7 heads along with doing a nice valve job for a great price.
Thanks Dave you have saved me alot of $$ as to the cost of aftermarket heads.
Cheers
Eric
Old February 19th, 2015, 03:12 PM

Very Welcome Eric

I got the first head done last night. Valves are lapped and intakes are back cut. Was too cold to work in the garage today. This thing turned out real nice. I'm sure you will be happy with the performance. I told Don he's going to have to right up some kind of disclaimer for excessive tire consumption...LOL. Today is 80 Rocket's birthday by the way. I think everyone should blow up his in box. He wanted to keep it under his hat. I have a line on a couple used RPM Performer intakes. Don thought you really were dead set on getting a new one. Let me know what you want to do. Here's a shot of the finished head -
CIMG4820_zps0a532e6f.jpg
Dave - The Freak
Old February 19th, 2015, 04:45 PM
Hookers under Hood

The certainly did come out nice, I guess that's why your the "FREAK" LOL. Perfection always gets my attention. This is something I couldn't buy in a box and just bolt on a go!! I'm very excited about this engine.
With regards to the intake: Don had mentioned he may be able to find a decent used one give it a blast to freshen it up, also to port match, so I would have to match it myself if I purchased a new one.
If a used one could be glass bead blasted to brighten it up, that would be ok with me. I figured used say $100. plus clean-up, chase threads etc. I could shell out the additional 3 hun for new and have something a with a little more shine to it for the shows. I will blast an email off to Don with my thinking and let you guys decide if a used would look good.
Thanks again Dave,
AWESOME WORK !!!!
Cheers
Eric

Last edited by 76olds; February 19th, 2015 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Awesome