Fuel problem

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2011, 09:41 PM

Fuel problem

I'm haveing problems with my fuel. I have a 350 with an edelbrock intake and a 750 edelbroke carb. I put a new fuel pump on it and filter. I can start the car and wait 15 min and try to restart it and the fuel in my fuel filter is gone. So every time i start my car it is like its flooded. The fuel presure or something is pushing the gas to my carb. So how I can fix this problem? maybe put a spacer on the carb or fuel presure regulator . I had a guy work on the carb and he put bigger seat in the carb. and i am still having this problem. So i need your help.
Old March 9th, 2011, 07:35 AM

Don't understand why you put a bigger 'seat' (needle and seat?) in the carb if you think you're getting too much fuel? Let's go back to square one, why did you put a new pump and filter on? Are we talking mechanical pump? Did someone suggest the spacer? If so don't listen to him anymore. What is the fuel pressure now, do you know? Diagnosing problems is a linear process like using a flow chart. We need to know why you did what you did first.
Old March 9th, 2011, 09:34 AM

Obviousy, you don't know how a fuel system works!
The fuel pump holds the pressure to the carb, regardess of the filter.
Unless there's a place for the fuel to go, or a way to get air in the system, there shoudn't be a problem!
I just had a 'new' Holley that must've sat on a shelf for a while, as ALL the screws were loose!
After tightening, it ran pretty well!
Pull the carb, tighten ALL the screws, and try again - gotta be something simple, if it's new! Did you check the float level??
Size of the needle and seat have no bearing on leakage, and a spacer won't help a leak - what planet is he from??

Last edited by Rickman48; March 9th, 2011 at 09:39 AM.