Creativity at it's finest

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2008, 02:51 PM

Creativity at it's finest

I took the Delta to the shop today to get the front shocks replaced and while I was there I had them replace the PS belt. I don't have the tool or the patience to swap this belt out anyway.

My old mech set up the pullies on the car. I have a 3 groove water pump pulley and a 2 groove PS pulley. The pullies where set up like this. A 7550 belt around the WP, Alt, touching the PS, and the crank. The other belt was a 7350 on the WP and PS only. Now the WP is 2 small pullies and one large one. The large one was where the WP and PS pullies where connceted.

Turns out that the reason the belts were squeaking is because the belts where moving at 2 different speeds Today we corrected that.

I suggested moving the WP pulley out enough, and my mech pulled out an old flex fan spacer. They trimmed that down to fit inside the pulley and had to cut about 1/8 inch off the spacer to make it flush. Works perfectly now.

Best thing too. I have the big pulley on the WP to use for the A/C once I get it hooked back up. Easy on/off for racing
Old August 14th, 2008, 05:52 AM

Well, it is good to hear that everything works properly now!