Blue Devil Coolant sealer

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2008, 01:37 PM

Blue Devil Coolant sealer

http://www.autobarn.net/blue-devil-e...g-sealant.html

Has anybody tried it?

Thinking about using it in the Delta to seal up that external coolant leak, so it can hold over until the engine can get rebuilt
Old August 20th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Past Administrator

If they can't proof read their adds, they may not be able to provide a good product either. "forming a permanently seal" should read "forming a permanent seal". For $60 I would try something from the local auto parts store that runs about one tenth the price first.
Old August 20th, 2008, 11:48 AM

I was talking to a few guys at work. All guys that work on thier own cars and they are pretty much say don't do anything, at least not yet.

Right now I have a very small external leak around the #6 cyl. The coolant leaks down onto the oil filter and then the ground. It's about a teaspoon at best. No coolant in the oil. Just changed the oil last week and looked it over very carefully. No choc milk shake outta this engine. Just regular dirty used oil.

The coolant level hasn't changed either. I'm keeping a very close eye on the oil and coolant levels since I changed the oil. I wrote everything down with the mileage, just because I don't drive the car everyday. I just put in $82 worth of gas and the time before that was 33 days ago when I put in about $83 in gas

My good buddy at work, knows a lot about cars and everything mechaincal. He said use it only if I start burning it out the tail pipe.

I did, well my old mech did, use some allumiuin flake crap in the Alero and it worked for about 4 months of daily driving