350 Stroker build

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2012, 02:32 PM

Sounds like a good build. Build it how you (or the customer) want, because in the end that is the opinion that matters. I love my SBO. With a non stroked build with a simular cam, headers and some head work I get good power, a bit of lope (Love the sound), and good street manners. Also during a week long event last year, I idled by $60k-$70k car after car that was over heating, while I stayed nice and cool.
Old July 7th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

I just build with what i have. I enjoy working on my car and i dont mind finding out how far i can push the limits of stuff at my own expense. Some people may say you built an engine that lasted a year that's not so good. What did achive was knowledge on what works what does not, durability of the parts i used i still think 13.3's with 3k is not too shabby. Sure im wrong from time to time but i take in im not as stubborn as i seem. I dont claim to be correct by all means but if im being corrected i like to know why which is why its seems like i argue from time to time. Did i learn something here., yeah! When i say my next build will be built correct. I mean every detail will not be overlooked. Everything will be measured.
Old July 8th, 2012, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
I just build with what i have. I enjoy working on my car and i dont mind finding out how far i can push the limits of stuff at my own expense. Some people may say you built an engine that lasted a year that's not so good. What did achive was knowledge on what works what does not, durability of the parts i used i still think 13.3's with 3k is not too shabby. Sure im wrong from time to time but i take in im not as stubborn as i seem. I dont claim to be correct by all means but if im being corrected i like to know why which is why its seems like i argue from time to time. Did i learn something here., yeah! When i say my next build will be built correct. I mean every detail will not be overlooked. Everything will be measured.
I think you have come along way so far.Olds is a small crowd and we need to stay positive with the newer guys IMHO(:
Old July 8th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

Thanks jharken. The only thing i have not done to my car is the rear end and trans. those are my to learn list. Paint / body/ engine / electrical / I have done it all and i did it all before i was 19. I got alot of help and advice along the way from many great local olds racers in the area with out their help i would not know what i know . To those who dont belive me just click the link to my facebook i have pictures of everything i have done. Im not just some kid talking smack., given the right info and guidance i can do it myself which is mainly how i learned what i know .

Last edited by coppercutlass; July 8th, 2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old July 9th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cutlassefi
"If you didn't have enough money to do it right the first time, where are you going to find the money to do it right the second time."
That's so true.
Old July 9th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
Thanks jharken. The only thing i have not done to my car is the rear end and trans. those are my to learn list. Paint / body/ engine / electrical / I have done it all and i did it all before i was 19. I got alot of help and advice along the way from many great local olds racers in the area with out their help i would not know what i know . To those who dont belive me just click the link to my facebook i have pictures of everything i have done. Im not just some kid talking smack., given the right info and guidance i can do it myself which is mainly how i learned what i know .
I believe every word you said.
Old July 9th, 2012, 09:27 PM

510 hp 375 ci Ebrock head stroker motor. Runs on pump gas. It can be done but it's gonna cost you:

http://www.realoldspower.com/phpBB2/...c.php?p=523555
Old July 9th, 2012, 09:34 PM

Here's the car that motor went into in case anyone is interested. This build is what I'm hoping to end up with in my 70 Supreme except with an RPM intake. Hoping to get 475/475 out of it. Planning on getting the Ebrock heads and RPM intake first, then having Bill do the stroker build later on to spread the cost out a little:

http://highperformanceolds.com/phpbb...hp?f=29&t=2459