Site Suggestions Post your suggestions or ideas here on how we could improve ClassicOldsmobile.com.

Heating/Cooling Sub forum?

Search this Thread

Old March 14th, 2014, 12:09 AM

Heating/Cooling Sub forum?

Was just thinking if there was much interest in heating/cooling discussions?
Old March 14th, 2014, 12:48 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

Engine cooling is a frequently posted subject on here.
But I guess you're talking about heating and ventilation, and A/C for the cabin. This doesn't get a huge amount of traffic, and each model has a rather different system to other models, unlike engines, most of which are based on the rocket V8 in its various forms, and a few older flatheads, non Olds etc.

Roger.
Old March 15th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Site Admin & Motorhead

Originally Posted by banny
Was just thinking if there was much interest in heating/cooling discussions?
Thanks for the suggestion. Typically before we create a new subforum, we look for 2 things: First, a bunch of users who are interested in having such a subforum, to drive continual traffic to it. Sucks to create a subforum and have it just sit there with old threads in it. Second, someone to search through the existing threads and forums to make us a list of threads that should be moved into the new subforum once it's created, so it's not a big empty.

Frankly I haven't seen a lot of interest in an "HVAC" (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning) subforum, but that doesn't mean there isn't any. Hell at one time I decided I wanted to install factory AC in my 71 Olds 442 'vert, and it took me forever to find all the parts needed to do so. I accumulated about half of them and eventually gave up (anyone want to buy them? lol) and it would have been way easier if all said topic were in one place.

So banny, if you want to make this happen, PM me and we'll discuss ways to drive it forward. No guarantees we'll do it, but we can certainly discuss it more if you like.

Hope this helps.