Site Help Ask your questions here about how to use the site.

Test Embed Video

Search this Thread

Old December 22nd, 2021, 03:00 AM

Test

<

<

Last edited by Tri-Carb; December 24th, 2021 at 04:24 AM.
Old December 24th, 2021, 12:31 PM
Running On Empty

Ralph - Share still appears in same location...

Old December 24th, 2021, 12:39 PM
Running On Empty

"Share" icon always remains in the same location - below the YouTube video...no matter which YouTube video....

Old December 24th, 2021, 03:11 PM

Typically the share icon is bottom right on U tube but like most all things in life, there are exceptions:

Old December 24th, 2021, 04:34 PM
Running On Empty

The reason you see the "Watch Later" and the "Share" icons in the upper right-hand corner is because you clicked on the "Share" button below the video and you then clicked on "Embed". You should not (there is no need to) click on "Embed". Simply click "Share" at the bottom of the video then click "Copy" that is all. You then have the shorthand share link (URL) to paste. Again, do not click "Embed".

Old December 24th, 2021, 05:15 PM
Running On Empty

The above wasn't very well written - my apologies. All I was attempting to say was don't click on "Embed" if you're simply going to "COPY" then share (just in case you're also clicking the "Embed" icon (which you don't want/need to do).
Old December 24th, 2021, 05:20 PM
Running On Empty

So, I'm posting a YouTube video (below). I clicked only SHARE then COPY. I then pasted the link (URL) from the COPY function directly into this thread and it becomes playable/viewable. You should be able to do the exact same procedure and the video should be viewable/playable by all CO members when they're logged in. What happens is evidently when you attempt to copy/paste, the only thing which shows up is the link (URL) and NOT the video (for some reason). Go to YouTube and try to copy/paste this same video. You can find it's location by simply clicking the below video where it says "Watch On YouTube".

Old December 24th, 2021, 06:03 PM
Running On Empty

In case there are others who might be following this thread (there have been over 189 views); and, I know there have been some others who have had difficulty with the sharing of videos from other websites when they try to post to this CO website - the only thing which appears is the link (URL) to the video rather than the video (as a playable/viewable video). To help address a small portion of what happens in the background I'll briefly explain:

This CO site provides a standard user/member the ability to post pictures, videos, attachments, etc. This right/permission/privilege is NOT exclusive to you as a member/user - the CO website provides you the "ability" (right/permission/privilege). What happens in the background is this. You have a standard member/user membership, you are granted rights/permission/privileges to perform certain functions on the CO website. A standard user member does not have Administrator/Moderator rights/privileges/permissions. An Administrator/Moderator is granted rights/privileges/permissions to perform functions based upon their membership (they were granted these rights/permissions/privileges) via a hierarchy of rights/privileges/permissions which were granted to them from an Administrator higher within the hierarchy.

In the background what actually happens when you attempt to post ANYTHING to the CO website (based upon your privileges/rights/permissions) is this. An API call/request is made to another application (on your PC, laptop, notebook, iPhone, or even another website e.g. Google, YouTube, Vevo, etc.). The actual ability to perform this function is provided to you as a right/permission/privilege - but....YOU are not performing this function. The CO website (the actual API request/call) is performing the actual operation when it comes time to embedding an image in a page, or a video, or an attachment, etc. The API you made to request/call the YouTube video (example) was granted to you from your device (PC, laptop, notebook, iPhone, etc.). That API call/request was successful - you have the link (URL) for the video (this could also be a simple link and/or image, as well). However, the ability to actually post into the CO website occurs as the result of the security established within the API request/call you originally made and the ability of the CO API request/call permission token to grant the member/user this ability. So, when you post (bring in) a video from ANY other website, or even an image on your PC, the actual "security" to perform this function occurs in the background via the security established in the API call/request at the CO website. The CO website performs this function NOT the user/member. The CO website performs this function on "behalf" of the member/user. Therefore, CO owns the security for the posting of ANYTHING. When the video is viewed as playable/viewable on the CO (dba Internet Brands) website, CO performed this function on your behalf. It's actually pretty simple. The CO website owns the ability to "embed" these images, attachments, videos into the threads/posts on the pages of the CO website - NOT the member/user. So, when things fail like this, they often fail because of an incorrect API (security) request/call. Something is buggered up with the security context of the member/user account, the member/user Browser interface, the member/user operating system (not being up-to-date), etc. There are a plethora of security tokens involved in providing users/members the ability to perform very simply tasks such as posting an image/video/attachment. The back-end seamless operation of security API calls/requests and security tokens happens without an end-user even knowing they occur. The security background implementation of the CO website is deigned to protect not only the CO website from hacking, phishing, trojan horses, man-in-the-middle attacks, etc. but also each end-user's security, as well. I appreciate Tri-Carb's efforts to follow along on this hunt for a resolution. HTH

Last edited by Vintage Chief; December 24th, 2021 at 06:06 PM.
Old December 24th, 2021, 07:29 PM
Administrator

All I do is right click on the video which brings up a menu of items that you can do with it. Then click on "copy video url" within that menu. Then I paste it to the reply box in the forum.
Old December 24th, 2021, 07:41 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
All I do is right click on the video which brings up a menu of items that you can do with it. Then click on "copy video url" within that menu. Then I paste it to the reply box in the forum.
This is what Tri-Carb gets when he posts a YouTube video. What others get is not what Tri-Carb gets (others have had similar issues in the past).

Old December 24th, 2021, 08:03 PM
'70 4-Speed W Machine

worked for me like Norm said.....