Site Help Ask your questions here about how to use the site.

photo help

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2013, 08:54 AM

photo help

Ok, took pics, downloaded to computer, resized them, uploaded to "albums".
Now I go to albums, look under title "tayfo", it says 3 photos, the next post
shows 3 photos, the next post shows 1 photo. Now when I go to albums all 3 posts say no photos uploaded.......All I want to do is let other members see
my car. I'm about to cry, waa. waa. Any ideas, anyone.

ted
Old October 24th, 2013, 09:16 AM

I don't see any photos in your album, either. The general experience people have with photos on this site is that's it's about as friendly as a hungry alligator. What I do and what many people do is avoid this site's photo issues altogether by uploading the photos to another photo-hosting site like photobucket or picasa (which is what I use) or flickr or many others and then just link to that photo here.

1. Get the photos loaded to the external site. If you don't have an account at one of them, create one. They're all free.

2. Come to this site and get the message you want to put the photos in in compose mode.

3. Switch to a different tab in your browser and bring up a photo from the external site on the screen, right click on it, and choose "copy image location" or whatever the words are in the browser you're using. I use Firefox, and those are the words I see.

4. Come back to this site, put the cursor in the message at the point where you want the photo to appear, click on the little landscape icon up above the message window (), paste the link into the little dialog box that pops up, click ok, and you're done.

The image should appear full within your message. I used this method just now to post the little image of the icon. I just right-clicked on it and chose "copy image location."

If you use this site's image hosting system, what appears in your message is a thumbnail, and you have to click on that to see the full-size image. This is another reason why I prefer to use an external hosting site, and any message you see on this site that contains full-size photos within it was created by using an external site to host the photos.
Old October 24th, 2013, 09:26 AM

thanks, tried that photobucket site before and couldnt get it done, will try again. thanks again

ted