Site Help Ask your questions here about how to use the site.

Help understanding how to use?

Search this Thread

Old June 26th, 2024, 09:30 PM

Help understanding how to use?

Hey somebody help me please ! My name is Dan I dont know how to use this at all. Im going to try, hoping a moderator can help me figure out if I should delete my classified posts rename and combine bolth posts so google recognizes the parts for sale again. My problem is I had interested people and coments and questions on the first post APRIL 23 since second post on MAY 17 I have yet to get even 1 coment or question. These were the parts that I was going to keep for me , I was heart broke when nobody had any thing to say about them.I think the post title maybe not letting google find my heads and intakes. Second post needed a site word for google to pick-up on the item in spacific item for sale [i think that is how it picks up on certain item]. Parting w motor was not a good choice I now realize. [LEARNING] I recalled that before we posted may 17 the april post was recognized by the google. When you leave this site and google [0lds f-heads for sale] and my first post used to pop-up on Classic Olds web thread. It stopped after we put the second post , so my thought was to rename a classified post , F-heads and OLDS-455 intake manifold for sale. Or should i maybe split the heads and intakes into separate posts? One being F - casting heads for sale and a second post 70 OLDS-455 intake for sale. That would keep googles job picking out site words easy. PLEASE inform my brain that is so lacking in computer nohow. It was just strange how every thing went crickets after second post. I know someone has a need for these babys. THANK YOU! Dan
Old June 27th, 2024, 06:00 AM

I looked at both of your For Sale threads. You have a set of F heads and an aluminum intake for sale in one thread, and the other thread lists an F head BBO engine for sale or parts. Everything seems to be in order because you posted an asking price. Don't forget that per the forum rules you're only allowed to bump or TTT a For Sale thread once per month.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...posting-72362/
Old June 27th, 2024, 07:11 AM
Running On Empty

The primary purpose of this (Classic Oldsmobile) site is not public listings of classified parts. A "Google Spider" (Google Web Crawler) scans this website like millions of websites. The specific algorithm used to find criteria to index information contained w/in Google is based upon uniqueness of keywords & the value assigned to those keywords. I'll add also the information returned via a Google search is also highly dependent on location which can change the resulting "position" (higher vs. lower) of the information returned via Google. The algorithm may change (at Google's discretion) & the value assigned to keywords may change (at Google's discretion) - either one or both values may change the indexing. Indexing (what Google finds [META DATA] on a webpage and what Google lists) is dependent on HTML Meta tags listed on a web page. Moderators have no control incorporating keywords into meta tags on a web page and no member of Classic Oldsmobile has any ability to change HTML Meta tags on any web page. What is returned to Google for indexing is solely dependent upon the Google Spider algorithm which, BTW, is then compared to literally thousands of millions of other keyword HTML Meta tags worldwide. The one parameter which drives Google indexing behavior is a "keyword" & the uniqueness of the keyword among hundreds of thousands of millions of keywords found by Google Spider. Remember, this is a free website forum whose purpose is not to list publicly classified automobile parts for sale. If you owned your own website, you could create unique HTML Meta tags which "might" move your Google indexing to the top or near top of a Google search; or, you could pay Google a fee to move your keyword HTML Meta tag indexing to a higher listing in an index.

You'll be here several hundred lifetimes of Sundays attempting to persuade a Google Spider to Index keyword values which meet your criteria. It isn't going to happen.
Old June 27th, 2024, 10:01 AM
Running On Empty

Dan - I strongly encourage you to create one or two advertisements in your local Craigslist. There are MANY folks who search Craigslist on a daily basis. I will provide you w/ the Untied States Craigslist website. Pick a site nearest to you and create a couple advertisements. Good Luck!

https://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/il

Last edited by oldcutlass; June 27th, 2024 at 10:09 AM.
Old June 27th, 2024, 10:07 AM

Hey Norm, Thanks for the advice. I wish I knew how to delete these classifiededs.
Old June 27th, 2024, 10:11 AM
Administrator

You cannot delete the ads. They have historical value for others on the site
Old June 27th, 2024, 10:12 AM
Running On Empty

I would encourage you not to delete your classifieds. Just leave them "as is". The more exposure you have the more opportunities buyers will/might find your classifieds. Good Luck to you Sir!
Old June 27th, 2024, 10:16 AM

Hey real quick with a name like vintage chief , sounds pontiacish am i right. love me some ponchos
Old June 27th, 2024, 10:23 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Oldsw30papa
Hey real quick with a name like vintage chief , sounds pontiacish am i right. love me some ponchos
I use the member name (moniker) Vintage Chief because I own a Indian Motorcycle model known as a Chief Vintage. Since I'm an old geezer, I switched the reversed Chief Vintage to Vintage Chief.
Old June 27th, 2024, 11:31 AM

Hey Eric , Dan here hey you seem to know your way around this contraption .Is there a way to merge the two posts together maybe put items from second post in with first post keeping the first title F heads for sale. When I was scrolling the classifieds I saw posts that said they were moved or merged I do not recall what they said exactly. I erased all of my ramblings because a message popped up and said I had wrote to many digits.[learning] I was unaware that posts were not deleteable. [More learning]. I belive if that might help things along. Thanks
Old June 27th, 2024, 12:01 PM

Moderators can merge threads, but there's no need to. If someone is interested in your parts they will respond to one of the threads, or send you a PM.
Old June 27th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Hey Eric , Dan here hey you seem to know your way around this contraption .Is there a way to merge the two posts together maybe put items from second post in with first post keeping the first title F heads for sale. When I was scrolling the classifieds I saw posts that said they were moved or merged I do not recall what they said exactly. I erased all of my ramblings because a message popped up and said I had wrote to many digits.[learning] I was unaware that posts were not deleteable. [More learning]. I belive if that might help things along. Thanks
Yes, we, in most cases send a notification message if we modify, move, merge, or delete a thread or post.
Old June 27th, 2024, 03:24 PM
Running On Empty

I was unaware that posts were not deleteable. [More learning].
Point of clarification. You, as a member [even though you created the "thread" (note the word "thread")] can neither change the title of the thread nor can you delete the "thread". On the contrary, you can modify (change) and delete a "post" (i.e. a post is not the same as a thread).
Old June 28th, 2024, 07:53 AM

I've had '70 to '72 455 parts sitting in the classifieds for over four years. There doesn't seem to be a market anymore. Maybe all the cars that are meant to be built, have been built. Craigslist is just about dead, in this part of the country. It might have some life left in the conservative Midwest. Have placed ads in remote locations from here, on Craigslist, meaning Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, DFW, etc. with ZERO results.