The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2016, 09:49 AM

Afternoon/morning all.

Not much happening in London this week. However I did meet the Mayor last week and the wife managed to get her photo in the local paper.

It's gonna be a crap week for me as one of my ex staff is taking me to an employment tribunal for what is a waste of time. It's funny how they can accuse me of whatever they want after I sack them but she failed to mention anything to anyone prior to this. Bloody annoying.

My garden is starting to bloom as it's getting warmer especially as I have taken the decision to dig up all my grass and replace it with some quality artificial grass. Best thing I have done, no more mowing and it looks perfect all year round.

Have a good week all
Old May 2nd, 2016, 12:43 PM
Captain Starfire

Hola, all... no Elsie so far today, but sure looks foreboding. Yeah, Jamesbo, no ladders whist the light show threatens. Might try and get up there today before the sky falls. And yeah, poor Jazz Festers got a tad wet yesterday -- again.

BTW, sounds as if you have a "new" parts vehicle, at worst.... That's quite a deal!

I sold the God-forsaken motorcycle trailer today; great riddance! Lost my **** on it (1200 miles & I got less than half of what I paid for it, not including almost $200 up front in title and delinquency fees (thanks, LA DMV); but it's great to be free of the POS. Live & learn.

Clint, hope the petunias fare well! I'm almost used to the weather absurdities coming from your part of the continent.

Darrell, have you driven the '63 lately?

Whelpt, y'all have a great rest o'day, Olds buds.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 2nd, 2016 at 12:47 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2016, 02:16 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Howdy All

Been busy, busy, busy Sorry I didn't get back since the storms the other night Speaking of... It looks like a cloud is rolling in right now.

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Oh wait, Scot, Do you have to own "Run what cha brung?" or can it be borrowed
Dunno whatcha axing? No I don't own RWYB, I collaborate the event with a handful of guys and pretty much take care of advertising down here in my area, along with making or purchasing the trophies, oversee registration (if any) and the handing out of trophies.

Originally Posted by OLD SKL 69
Scot - hope the storms aren't too bad.
Thanks Darrell. Thankfully we made it through quite alright, but to my understanding there was at least one family near me that wasn't so fortunate. House burnt down after lightning strike

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
Scot, I saw the Biloxi-Gulfport area got 10" today. Hope that all missed you... we didn't get anything like that this morning, thank the Good Lord. But the Jazz Fest boys & girls definitely got a little taste of Elsie today.
Thankfully Elsie shed quite the weight before she arrived here. But Tehas and Loujoahanna didn't fare so well

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Beautiful but sad day in Milton. lost 3 way to young in a car crash near UGA

Scot, Hug those girls for us and tell them to be careful on those 2 lane roads
No doubt Jim, it happens all too much nowadays Sad, sad, sad

Originally Posted by slantflat
And speaking of trailers. Scot.
How about next Monday? Are you free? My only day in the near future that I am available to run up there. I'll be ready to head north after "that crowd" comes for the Mudder's Day Festivities
Old May 2nd, 2016, 04:02 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Overcast and we heard some thunder earlier this afternoon. I heard nice the rest of the week, it must not have included Monday.

And speaking of Monday, it's my Friday! Hasn't been a bad week so far.

Scot I work Mondays, so a trailer rendezvous is not possible. It ain't going anywhere, just kind of reminding you. Next Monday anyway I took off and I'll be headed to see my Mom.

Looks like the Suburban will be sticking around. Guess I'll have to get some new sawzall blades. Wonder if 1500 brakes interchange at all with 2500HD brakes. I doubt it.

Good luck at the tribunal, London. Do things like that ever get very far? I hope it doesn't waste too much of your time.

Okay time to hit it. Have a good evening everyone.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 03:36 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Well the wifes schedule looks to be getting her up earlier at least in the near future.

Looks like the flowers will be fine.

Spose to hit 80 on Thursday then maybe snow next week.

Have a day all.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 05:10 AM

Mawn'in all

Rained again last nite. Looks like I should bale hay in de yard. Gras growing like crazy

Clint, I thought we had goofy weather but your's is goofier

John, Sorry about de bike trailer loss but it's kinda like divorce. I cost alot cause IT"S WORTH IT.

Mike was kind enough to describe his latest purchase to me via de phone late yesterday. I had to pass but I think it would be perfect for a mountain car for you and de Mrs. Jes don't statrt down hill

Scot, Glad your busy.What I was trying to say was could I borrow my brother in laws truck and take it to RWYB or Can I race a borrowed /stolen truck ?

London, I'm rather shocked at your practicality. I always thought Brits loved their yards/gardens

GTG Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old May 3rd, 2016, 07:31 AM

I have a hayfield I may try to mow some of today. I still use my push mower on close to an acre. No bueno. A riding mower is in my future.

As an Indiana voter, I will go vote in the primary today. I like none of the candidates for either side.

Long day yesterday spent tuning up some worn fixtures on build trays for engine-transaxle marriage that were wearing prematurely. The idea is to drop the engine and transaxle separately on these guys, then roll in the TA on linear guides, it fits, then bolt it snug. Sometimes it doesn't fit, and the real problem are the AWD transfer cases on some of them that offset the CG to the back, and make it lean backwards a smidge.

Oh well, I get overtime.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 11:34 AM

Evening all.

Jamesbo , you are right, us British do love our gardens, but unfortunately I am reasonably hopeless at gardening and at least you can't kill synthetic grass.

Mike. Yes, these tribunals can go on for ever. As it happens one of my witnesses knew the judge and the claimant objected so we will have to go through the whole thing again in September and as there is so much paperwork to go through its being listed for five days. Luckily I have insurance for this kind of thing as my legal Bill is already topping £88000.
Waste of time, waste of money.

On a happier note I shall be in L.A again next week for my sons graduation, hope the weather is better than last time.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 12:17 PM

London: through Thursday of next week.
10-Day Weather Forecast

Daily | Hourly Customize
  • Dew Point
  • Feels Like
  • Temperature
  • Cloud Cover
  • Chance of Precip.
  • Humidity
  • Pressure
  • Precip. Accum. Total
  • Hourly Liquid Precip.
  • Wind Speed
Old May 3rd, 2016, 12:32 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Told the dogs to wake me up at noon today, and of course they didn't. Any day I want to sleep they wake me up every hour. When I don't want to sleep all day they leave me be. Funny.

London do you get any of that back, say from the woman, if the judge rules in your favor?

Koda so you design the machinery that assembles the cars, not the cars themselves? I've pushed an acre of yard before, all uphill. Did it one time the whole yard, then the second time I let it go so long I needed to borrow a bush hog.

Actually Jamesbo I may have misled you. The truck doesn't have a significant amount of rust. Just a little bit around the edges of the large, gaping holes. Actually, I'm going over there this afternoon and liberating a few parts, and situate it so it can't be seen from the road. Now that April is over the license plates that are on it are expired and I don't have a cover for it.

Clint is the wife going back to driving the hay truck? Hay is heavy. If I got some bales and stacked them up about 8 feet high, how easy would it be for them to fall over? That would be one awesome fence.

John I don't remember you having trouble with a motorcycle trailer. I remember the trailer. At least it's down the road and you don't have to worry about it any longer. I agree, those losses stick with a guy for awhile. Maybe it's like people, you just need to forgive to set yourself free. Ha listen to me. That's the last thing I ever do.

Okay gonna run a couple errands then maybe shop for a mower. Nice out, sunny, 80 but not humid. Have a good evening everyone.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 05:53 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. 50's and raining today, almost got t-boned by a bus that ran a stop sign this morning. I practically drove off the road just to avoid him. Amazing the amount of idiots on the road around here.

Last night I saw a 61 Olds 98 4 door hardtop on a trailer. It looked all original, and complete. No rust that I could see either. I was telling my son that those cars were often destroyed or used as parts cars for the 2 doors, and now they're super rare to see and becoming very collectible too. I wouldn't have minded getting my hands on that.

Clint - I can't believe you're still expecting snow at this point. Is that normal for your area in early May?

John - I only have a two car garage, and the wife gets one side. So, I can only keep one of my classics at the house while the other two are in another garage 20 miles away. I've been working on the Olds getting it ready for the show over the last two months so I haven't had the chance to drive the 63. I need to do some work on my Riv convertible so that is what I'm bringing home next. I may put that up for sale this summer. I'm still undecided.

Have a good night all.
Old May 4th, 2016, 03:27 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, I wouldn't say its normal, but it surely isn't unexpected. Looks like it may just be rain now. Even if it is snow, with the warming of the ground it usually doesn't stick or accumulate, and if it does it melts away within a few hours. Keep your eyes peeled out there. I'm glad you weren't in the Cutlass this morning.

Mike, Yes, They are bringing in the last of last years hay now that its dry enough to get near the barns up there with the KW. Her Freightliner broke down yesterday. Now I get to learn how to be a Med duty wrench. I'm leaning towards an injection pump.

London Sorry to hear about the legal troubles, It's really hard to may Employees worth all the trouble anymore.

John, I've thought about getting rid of my car hauler, since it only gets used maybe once a year, but I know I'd kick myself if I did. Besides your scoots are meant to be ridden! Not trailered.

Koda, If that field is Mountain Timothy or premium Alfalfa, Bale it up and send it this way. The new en-vogue thing this year is 'Organic Alfalfa'. I swear, those horse people are whack.

Jamesbo, Speaking of stolen, My buddy who runs a towing business, ended up with a Mercedes as an Impound and then ended up owning it thru the legal Lien procedure, only to get awoken the other night with the alarm going off as the Previous owner used a spare key to go in and steal it. He has it on video as they tore off the front and rear bumper driving it thru a run-off pond to get it out of the yard.
Police aren't very interested since no one was physically injured.

Well, found out my go to Junkyard called it quits. Makes me sad. I've spent 2 days in a row going to used/recycled/aftermarket businesses in cold white sterile new warehouse buildings where I was a nobody or just a number to pick up parts. I'm liking this line of work less and less every day.

But we're up early and it's almost time to head to the gym.

Have a Humpday all and May the 4th be with you.
Old May 4th, 2016, 04:56 AM

Mawn'in all

Blue bird day

London,,someone alot smarter than me once told me " If you ever go to court................win, loose or draw, You'll wish you hadn't gone. IMHO the system is FUBAR

Mike, I think we need sum pic of you Burban in front of your favorite spot The Awful House

GTG family on de way

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old May 4th, 2016, 06:29 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik g'mernin - Absotively bluebird, one-percentile day here in da' swamp. 54* in May with low humidity is like a hen's tooth in my neck o'th'woods.

Clint, if the trailer was a decent one, I'd have kept it. But it was a disaster for a 1300 cc bike; shoulda' known better, but that's life. Stinkin' 12" 4-ply tires aren't worth a plug nickel for anything more than a lawn vehicle.

Jamesbo, Mike wouldn't let me take his picture beside one of the tanks, so I don't see him posing beside his 'Burban. But who knows?

Happity humpity, Olds pals.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 4th, 2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old May 4th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Awful house. Got there before 830 and just got home. There are days when you just need to hang around and talk.

I'm gonna get a some pictures of that Suburban but I won't be in them. John if I text them to you can you post them up here? These days if I text a picture to my email and then try to forward the email, the picture gets stripped off. I thought I did that with some pictures of my convertible when I got it. Who did I send them to?

Jamesbo that's a nice looking garden. When I was a kid my Dad had a garden about that big, took up most of the back yard. He was all excited about having it, but he was a traveling salesman so us kids got to do the tending. But when we complained, because none of us liked gardening, we got in trouble because somehow it was our responsibility. Then Mom got the brilliant idea for us to go around to the neighbors selling the vegetables we grew. Again, when we resisted we got in trouble. Sheesh.

Clint the prices are probably higher at the new place, too. Because they are the ones who pull the parts off and get them ready to sell. But if you say, I'll go pull it myself, oh no, you can't do that.

Well I guess I better get something done this afternoon. Beautiful out, but I heard rain for tonight. Happy Hump Day everyone.
Old May 4th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Captain Starfire

Text away, Mike. It'll give me an excuse (as if I need any more) to take a break from the house-cleaning duties in prep for the return of the better half....
Old May 4th, 2016, 11:46 AM

I jes grew dem fer 2 of my meat and taters friends Mike and John.
Old May 4th, 2016, 05:27 PM

Slant, yes, I'm in production engineering. We source the equipment to build the cars. I don't do much design of it myself, not enough time. I write the specs that engineering companies we hire to design, buy the off the shelf parts, and integrate use to design, then I project manage the whole thing. They give my division mucho money, and we take production's "it'd be nice if something would do THIS", flesh out a full concept, then ride herd on our vendor until it's in and running and we can hand it over to maintenance who will own it until it's obsolete years from now.

Oldskl, I need a car barn, I feel your pain.

CQR, I think it's bluegrass.

James, I need a garden like that, both for it and the venison that will arrive on the hoof to eat it, but won't survive the experience.
Old May 5th, 2016, 03:56 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, you sent them to me. Most of the yards I deal with pull the parts. (Honestly I don't have the time to go pull them for customer cars.) I'll go to pull and pay yards only for older cars, or my own stuff.

Jamesbo, it 's looking good. I think we're safe to plant outside now.

Koda, She left at 1:00 a.m. to go get a load. Gonna be a long day for her. Not sure the nutritional content of Bluegrass, but I can say its not a big seller around here

Friends are coming in from Chicago tonight. Will be good to see them. Finally got the FI system for the 56 yesterday. now to make that thing go away.

Have a day all.
Old May 5th, 2016, 04:51 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter cool but beautimus day

Koda, Dat all sounds kinda complicated

John, Well, We're waiting [fer pics]

Mow, mow mow your yard gently down the hill. Geeze Louise de grass is going like kudzu with thie cool wet weather.

Mike, That's less than a quarter of the whole garden.

Well, my bud in de mountains front wheel fell off his Craftsman mower.So, I gotta go hunt him up a new one.

GTG Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old May 5th, 2016, 05:49 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Cool here but sunny. That's okay. It will warm up this afternoon. We got about 2 minutes of rain last night.

Jamesbo I mow in installments. My yard is so broken up, and mostly uphill, I don't have it in me to do it all at once. One day I'll have my riding mower back and it will be easier. I mowed at the shop a little yesterday, that riding mower started right up after sitting all winter.

Clint I remember now. John has the pictures of the Suburban, I hope they are good enough to see some detail.

Okay late departing for the Awful house. Have a good day everyone.
Old May 5th, 2016, 11:25 AM

Good evening everyone. Will catch you tomorrow. Busy week. Rumours tell that night-shifts may start soon. Night shift= approx ~21hr working days, day+night at work, then back to work at the same day after night when weve slept some. Partly loving the new CAT we got, i just cant imagine how the hell its so loud, approx 101db confirmed. They have plenty on table here to improve.

Tomorrow is vacation, due to ascension day, which actually is today, but we always do that way we get long weekend. Going to do at last my houses roof complete. Just veranda roof left.
Now, good night and see you all tomorrow.
Old May 5th, 2016, 07:17 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening all. Another cold one here today, 52 with light rain. Supposed to warm up next week.

I bought new wheel trim rings for the Olds this morning from Tamraz on ebay. I don't know why, but somehow each ring had a small dent in it when I bought the car. Finally decided to change them out.

Mike - I hear you about wanting to get on the ride on mower. I got spoiled by having one too. Lawn is dark green and growing but its too cold to mow, lol.

Jamesbo - nice garden. Haven't been able to plant one here yet. I hope to rototill it this weekend and plant next week. I love the sinko de Mayo. that would be great to have on a t shirt to wear today.

Inline - just what you needed, another day off after 5 months off, lol

Koda - you and I both need a car barn. I have some room to build one, but the taxes would kill me if I did. Oh well.

London - enjoy the trip to the states and congrats on your son's graduation.

Catch you all tomorrow.
Old May 6th, 2016, 04:52 AM

Mawn'in all

Clear but a mite nippy dis mawn'in

De Exmark finished cutting yesterday so It's time fer me to head norte
Mike, I tend to do de same thing 1] Cemetery 2] around de house 3] road I don't mind de mowing but I'd rather bust rocks dan trim hedges

Dat seems to be de only way to get anyone to call to buy a lot 1] play golf 2] go to de mountains. Never fails

Inline, tell me a little more about de holiday, never heard of it before.

Have a GREAT weekend Olds friends
Old May 6th, 2016, 05:41 AM
Captain Starfire

Tgif

Hola, all... Sorry I've been a bit absent for Mike's pic's... yesterday turned out to be a whirlwind, and today's about the same. We've been having these decorative shutters ordered for the house for about a month, and the guy calls yesterday at the crack of dawn (I'll spare the Tony Orlando reference at this time) to tell me he's in a bind, 'cause somebody canceled on him and now he wants to install ours ASAP. Of course, I didn't even know they were ready.

So true to form, Nice John agrees. But all's well that ends well... they look fabulous, and the two "kids" they had install them did a bang-up job. (Inline: that means "excellent"!)

Today I'm rushing to get the bike ready for a ride & lunch I & a few buddies are going to take. And then I have a nice little project going on for a little charitable group I'm in.

So, Mike & Jamesbo, here are the pic's. Sorry for their tardiness!

Y'all have a great TGIF, Olds chums.

Old May 6th, 2016, 05:47 AM

Nutt'in a couple gallons of Bondo couldn't fix
Old May 6th, 2016, 11:16 AM

Busy day so far, I need to mow with a vengeance.

Counters installed.

Old May 6th, 2016, 01:07 PM
CQR

Afternoon all.

Mike looks like you bought a Green Chebby. It's recycling itself right back to where it came. I guess I missed it. What did you go up to Jersey to buy? a Vdub?

84F today. then turns cold and wet for the weekend.

Hope to get the 56 back from the exhaust shop this afternoon.

Have a weekend.
Old May 6th, 2016, 03:23 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful day, if not a little chilly. That's okay, no rain. First night of work. When I only worked three days, my three days off seemed to last longer. Now that I work four days, my days off go past like nothing.

Thanks John for posting the pictures. It doesn't look better in person. Clint I went to Vermont to buy a 1966 DAF Model 32. I've been trying to put up a picture from my facebook but I can't get it to work. Maybe if I post the link you can click on it. I swear, this is my worst computer yet. Windows Vista was better than this.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...05&oe=57B3177F

Koda the counters look nice. I was looking at some pictures taken during World War II, and there was a picture of a guy named Vaught who lived in Evansville, on Allens Lane. Googled the address, cute little house, all the houses are very small around there.

Time to get ready to leave. I think this weekend will go fast because I'm going to see my Mom next week and I'm nowhere near ready. That seems to be how it always is.

Have a good weekend everyone.

PS Well at least the link worked. The fat guy in the red shirt is yours truly. It looks like I'm losing my hair but I'm not, that's just the afternoon sunlight.

Last edited by slantflat; May 6th, 2016 at 03:25 PM.
Old May 6th, 2016, 06:03 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Howdy All

Gonna be a scorcher this weekend

After a series of friends, employer and co-workers A/C units needed repairing, my 23 y/o system went TU Now I get to replace it when the equipment arrives

Anywho, I knew it was coming

That oughtta buff right out on the Suburban Mike Neat little car in that link you posted.

Good defensive driving there Darrell. Don't feel naked, we have our share of terrible drivers around here.

Nice countertop Koda As for the car barn, I have one but it has about four households of schtuph in it and only three cars. Ask Mike, he's seen it I'd like to buy a lift next but this house keeps stealing my savings

Nice garden Jamesbo My taters are almost that big. Beans, onion, squash,maters and melon have all popped up. However the cukes and carrots are awol Gonna have to re-plant those.

Passed by a peach orchard and boy were they were loaded. Couldn't help but to think of Sandy and how fond she was of them Gawja peaches

Whelp it's getting late and I'm drained from the sun, y'all have a great Mother's Day weekend
Old May 6th, 2016, 08:47 PM

For inquiring minds: http://dafclubofamerica.org/document...ory-of-DAF.pdf
Old May 7th, 2016, 03:12 AM

Worm

So the series continues. Walk in de house in de mountains and with in 15 minutes get a call from a fella dat wamts to buy a plot. It's crazy. No one ever calls when I'm at home with my feet propped up on the desk

Mike, So they're made in Einhoven Never heard of the car but I've been to Einhoven. I wanted to drive the road to the Arhnem Bridge [Made famous in Cornelius Ryan's book and later the movie "A Bridge too Far"]

London, I hope you're not related to Montey but that was the stupidist plan in the world. I'm no military genius but I know enough not to send all my tanks up one road,

Scot, I was just thinking about our dear Sandy the other day. Wonder what Larry did with Teepo

Koda, Nice werk What kind of Fridge is that? Hope it's not a subzero. BTW why isn't zero cold enough? If it were mine, I'd put instant hot in while you're at it

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 7th, 2016, 12:34 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Howdy All

Getting hot again, guess this time it's back for good. The heat that is.

Gotta get out there in the garden and stake up the maters and make some runners for the beans.

Jamesbo I haven't heard anything about what happened to Teepo after Sandy passed. And Larry probably isn't associating with Nicole, but IMHO Nicole deserves the car. She went to the car shows with Sandy more than he ever did.

Anywho I guess the entire fambly will descend upon my humble abode tomorrow And all the women said they're not cooking Oh well I suppose I can manage the honors
Old May 7th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Happy Beautiful Saturday. It's 80 and sunny and not a cloud in the sky. Hope it continues for tomorrow for all the cookouts.

Jamesbo I thought you were friends with all them on facebook. No mention I guess of Teepo's fate? Anyone have Blue Vista's number and can call him? I don't suppose he'd know. If I had to guess I'd think that Teepo ain't been touched, and she's sitting in the back garage un-thought about since her last cleaning. We should take up a collection and buy her and have the official Good Morning Thread mascot.

Scot have a good time with the cast tomorrow. My family is all in Pensacola right now, and I will join them on Tuesday. Today is my sister's birthday, and my nephew's birthday is next Thursday, so it will be a big time all week.

Dan thanks for posting the link. Quite a story, building trailers, then trucks, then cars. I guess the DAF trucks are still a big deal over that way. Maybe I should go get one of them. I don't think the Suburban is up to it.

Off to work. Last night wasn't too bad, hope tonight is better. One more then vacation. Have a good evening everyone.
Old May 7th, 2016, 04:52 PM

Not a problem Mike, I thought that it might have been one of the Auto Union group of old, Audi, DKW etc., so I looked it up to find out. I was wrong, but learned a little along the way.
Old May 7th, 2016, 08:22 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Another overcast day with drizzle here, haven't seen the sun here in a week. Supposed to maybe come out tomorrow. We'll see. Mom's birthday today, had a little party for her earlier. Other than that, not much else going on.

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend so far.
Old May 7th, 2016, 08:42 PM

Finally mowed the hay field. The push mower and I have quality time together, but I should look into a rider. Grass was so tall it still looks horrible.

Jamesbo, that would be a Whirlpool fridge. I think it's a 22A it says. Turned on the water to it and let it make ice for a few hours, which it did do, it made like ten in 2 hours, so I guess that's ok. Came with the house, the previous owner bought it because the original fridge flunked the previous buyer's home inspection. (I ended up with a new water heater, fridge, and basement foundation drain system because of this.)

Also used the shower in the guest bathroom since it's finally far enough along to do that. Good pressure, heat, drainage; I'm happy.
Old May 8th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Captain Starfire

11 a.m. werm

Kwik g'mernin', all... looks like another bluebird, but could be the last. T'morrow is the first chance of rain in over a week. I managed to get the lawn clipped yesterday; of course, there were some soggy areas (unless it's been dry for at least 3-4 weeks, they will have that). But not too bad. Looks great with the new shutters! We got em red ("merlot," actually) to try and match the red curbs we had put in last year.

Seems like I'm doin' everything but working on the cars. I need to do sumpin' about that. I did wash the Yamaha and the Fusion yesterday, however. The bike got a good amount of gunk & bugs on Friday, but it was a stupendous ride. Wound up eating at a fave place of mine, DiChristina's, in Covington.

Inline, here's a pic or two of the FJR after a thorough washing, without the saddle bags.

Whelpt, y'all have a great Lord's Day, Olds amigos.

Yamaha 2007 FJR13AWR

Yamaha 2007 FJR13AWR
Old May 8th, 2016, 10:53 AM

Good evening. Just a quick check, again i have no time to catch you..
Been working on my "small roof Project", veranda, whole long weekend from awakening to sleep, only pause being visiting Lahti Classic Motor Show, which was huge in country of our size. Well, i didnt even get it 100% done.. Next weekend is reserved for beer, friends, beer, sauna and beer.

Good night, soon the clock alarms me awake..
Old May 8th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Almost 90 today. Glorious. Talked with my Mom and she said it was hot, they had spent the day at the beach. I think if Mom had her druthers she wouldn't ever leave the air conditioning.

John that's a nice looking bike. I don't think I've ever seen it together. How about a picture of the new shutters.

I feel the same way about working on cars. Everything needs work, yet things seem to get in the way. Mowing, housework, errands, the rest of life, never enough time for the cars. Of course when I'm working on the cars I think, hm I could be doing this and this and this...

Friday. I don't know why but I think it's going to be busy tonight. That's okay. I've got 5 after this and will spend it with the family in Florida. The dogs of course have to go to jail.

Time to hit it. Scot I hope you survived the group. Happy Mothers Day everyone.