'84 Hust/Olds Engine Compartment Wire Bundle Routing

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2017, 08:37 AM

'84 Hust/Olds Engine Compartment Wire Bundle Routing

Would anyone have a detailed drawing image or photograph of an '84 H/O (Calais) engine compartment wire bundles/conduit routing? Made the dumb mistake of removing the the molded plastic conduit t-shape bundle router (marked 2-3-4) to replace cracked conduit for the bundles without tagging which conduit bundles it is for and now cannot remember which conduit bundles it goes on. It is the only molded plastic t-shape conduit router under the hood and I think it's common for '83 (at least) through '87 G-Body Cutlass. It's probably depicted in the factory Fisher Body Assembly Manual which cannot be found for G-Bodies for some reason.

Lesson has been learned. Never remove anything related to electrical wire and connectors without labeling.

Many thanks to anyone who may be of help.
Old May 6th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Olds Fever

1984 Fisher Body Manual for G-Body:

Old May 6th, 2017, 05:26 PM

Have It

John

Have a copy. Do not see any detailed engine compartment wire conduit/bundle routing images in it. Do not understand why they did not include engine compartment wiring imagery in it. Great technical manual for other body and electrical repairs though.

I assume that the factory assembly manual contains it but apparently all G-Body assembly line technical data has disappeared for some reason.

Dave
Old May 7th, 2017, 09:58 AM
Olds Fever

Sorry Dave, I thought you inferred there was no 84 Fisher Body Manual for G-Body... Especially since there are in fact two different Fisher Body Manuals for 84 covering various different models and I thought maybe you had one but not the other... However, It is surprising the engine harness is not depicted in that manual...
The 84 Electrical Trouble Shooting Manual shows a few different illustrations of specific areas, such as heating, A/C, engine etc, but nothing with a complete view of the harnesses...
Old May 7th, 2017, 11:26 AM

Assembly Manual

John

Rog...thanks. Yeah it seems that the assembly line tech data is likely the only place where illustrations of under-hood wiring may be found. Only reason I can come up for the G-Body assembly data unavailability is that GM is keeping them close-hold and off the market for some reason. Hopefully a bootleg copy for the '84 Cutlass turns up someday.